Poll: Who’d you score Jones vs Reyes for?

Who won?

• Total voters
This is why judges should have to post their sores round by round. Otherwise, they wait until the end and are effectively judging the fight as a whole. Judging the fight as a whole has some advantages, and judged as a whole I think there is a good argument that Jones won this fight. But round by round Reyes ought to have been the clear winner. He outworked and outlanded Jon for the first fifteen minutes.
Yeah there’s an argument that round 4 and 5 were bigger than reyes round 1 and 2. 3 was the toss up. Jones was pressuring, and I didn’t feel like reyes landed a lot.

I had it 2-1 or 3-0 for reyes after the third round.

Jon couldn’t even articulate how he won the fight. Trying to say it was the takedowns, but he got what? One? And Reyes popped right back up, so then the scoring comes down to the striking differential, where Reyes clearly outstruck him 1-3. I figured they’d give JJ the split decision win because the sport is corrupt but to call it a UD is fucking disgusting. What a display by Reyes, but it’s going to need to be a finish to dethrone Jon. That or a bigger star

Dom picked him apart and should've got the nod(4-1reyes), but Jonny controlled the octogon for what it's worth...

This is why judges should have to post their sores round by round. Otherwise, they wait until the end and are effectively judging the fight as a whole. Judging the fight as a whole has some advantages, and judged as a whole I think there is a good argument that Jones won this fight. But round by round Reyes ought to have been the clear winner. He outworked and outlanded Jon for the first fifteen minutes.
exactly this...servers suck so bad it's like they're in tonight's judges' hands

Every time jones wins a close fight, sherdog will poll and the majority will say he won via robbery

Then after a few years the tears dry up and they admit he won

It's normal

Jones 48-47
I made a poll about “did cowboy take a dive, and overnight once everyone sobered you’re it had shifted 20% more towards “no”. The alcohol definitely plays a role

Under Pride rules, Reyes would have lost clearly, so I'm glad he lost Rnd 3 on the scoresheets, the only round up for grabs. The dude was coasting in Rnd 5.

Current rules though, he should have won, but it's no robbery, Rnd 3 was close.

Dana White should just come out and say that if you're fighting a champion the UFC is behind, you have to win by (t)KO or submission because the champ wins the decision automatically.

Hell, maybe just come out and say that Jon Jones can't be beat by decision as he seems to be their golden child.

<JonesLaugh>I mean I need that fat v cash bet to go through
I am gonna cash a real money parlay for almost 200 euros betting on Lewis/Valentina/Jones but I will always know it was 48 47 Reyes
I dont even have to watch it again it was all clear to me
But I am used to mma fans and judges cant score striking rounds

Even Stevie Wonder would score this for Reyes.

Honestly, 3-2 is generous. Reyes easily could have 4. Horrible decision.

<JonesLaugh>I mean I need that fat v cash bet to go through
I am gonna cash a real money parlay for almost 200 euros betting on Lewis/Valentina/Jones but I will always know it was 48 47 Reyes
But I am used to mma fans and judges cant score striking

That was the clearest 48-47 decision I've ever seen for reyes

But I am used to mma fans and judges cant score striking rounds
3 was the classic toss up of pressure vs striking and what’s the difference. Judges fuck it up half the time and we just knew with these judges what would happen.

I had Reyes 1 & 2 and Jones 4 & 5

3 was the ultimate toss up for me, Reyes had more strikes landed, but Jones controlled the distance and was pushing the pace more, we all know how the judges base parts of the fight on octagon control and agression. Like especially towards the end of the round is where I think Jones stole it to cap it all off.

So I had it 48-47 UD for Jones. No way in hell was that a 48-47 X's 2 + 49-46 UD, it was a clear 48-47 all the way through. Total corrupt judging tonight on multiple counts, but Jon Jones definitely won and IMHO won by UD. It was a lot like the Santos fight, very close and tough to call, but Jones is a champion and it always shows with him in the later rounds especially.

Stop the hate, I'm not really a Jones fan anymore and even I know he won.

So you think each fighter won two rounds clearly and the third round was "the ultimate toss up" so therefore "Jon Jones definitely won".

I don't begrudge the conclusion, but the logic needs some work.

Reyes won, no matter how you look at it.
Roberry at it's finest.

Reyes won first 3 but lost badly 5th round which predicts what would have happened if there was 6th, 7th, 8th round.... As much as I don't like Jones and was so excited he might loose I don't have a problem with the decision. Reyes' corner men gave him stupid advise as if he was the champ already he should have pushed hard last round and not rely that he did enough first 3 rounds. Why would you play it safe with those judges? It's his fault.

80/20 lmao

Cant make this shit up

Bones is officially the Canelo of MMA. Protected like a baby

I thought it was Jones but could have seen it going either way depending on round 2. Who did you have?
t3qkhrohrh321.jpg
I thought round 3 was the pivotal one. I gave Reyes 1 and 2

48-47 Jones. People once again letting hate cloud their judgement and biased commentary tell them who won.
Nah. I don’t give a fuck what pothead DMT brain joe Rogan says.

I watched the fist fight and Reyes won that fight whether Jon tried to walk him down or not.
Forget the last ten minutes and watch the first fifteen.

Reyes couldn't fight for 5 rounds imo

This is his first 5 rounder fight

He's going to be better next time, so Jones better be prepared for the rematch

It was disappointing that we can't bet on what Jones will test positive for this time

Back