Poll: Where is Stipe in Heavyweight GOAT Ranking in 2019?

Where is Stipe in Heavyweight GOAT ranking?

• Total voters
Hilarious when dumbass idiots like you judge a fighters career only by how they performed in the UFC.

Both Nog and Crocop joined the UFC in their prime and had losing records. Both guys were knocked out and out classed repeatedly.

None of this is my opinion or judgement, its objectively what happened.

Fight exhibition level talent, get exhibition level results. Nog and Crocop were both fine fighters in their prime, and legends in the sport. To say they are head and shoulders better then guys like DC and Stipe is not only disrespectful, its demonstrably untrue.

This is so hilarious.

Fedor's big career wins, his two marquee opponents are Nog and Crocop in their prime. Crocop entered the UFC immediately after winning the heavyweight GP, and proceeds to lose to everybody.

I mean literally everybody knocked out Crocop, to the point that they had to find a can named Mustafa al Turk to finally get the guy a win.

Nog had a middling UFC career - he was able to beat Sylvia, but then immediately gets knocked out by Mir. He has a losing record in the UFC going 5-6, and his losses were not competitive.

DC runs ROUGHSHOD and I mean ROUGHSHOD over Crocop and Nog. There is no reason to believe they are competitive fights. He literally mopped the floor with guys who mopped the floor with Crocop/Nog.
Pardon my ignorance...

What does ‘ROUGHSHOD’ mean??

Here's the problem. Many had Stipe in the top 10 GOAT prior to 2 fights ago. Last month they didn't. Today they do again.

That's balderdash. GOAT status should not be sorted out in real time. If he was a top 10 GOAT 2 fights ago, then 1 loss shouldn't change that (unless he only goes down 1 spot because the opponent leapfrogged him). And 1 win shouldn't jump him up far either.

P4P and ranking, sure. GOAT, no.

So ask me again in a decade.

Fedor and Nog are far and away the #1 and 2. After that it gets muddy.

1. Fedor
2. BIg Nog
3. Cain
4. Werdum
5. Couture
6. JDS
7. Stipe
8. Cormier
9. Cro Cop
10. Overeem

By the "relative to peers" standard, I think only Fedor and Nog are clearly above him.

Fedor for obvious reasons.

Nog was 29-4 pre-UFC, only losing to Fedor (badly), Barnett (barely), and "only on the books" to Henderson (BS decision). Top 1 pre-Fedor and Top 3 from about the middle of 2001 to the middle of 2006 IIRC, which was a span of about 18 fights or so.

Stipe has been at that level for about three years, about six fights.

H2H I think Stipe beats the brakes off of Nog. I actually think Nog's game would translate terribly to modern MMA. Fedor is a different story.

Either #2 or 3

Jon Jones and Michael Bisping say Stipe Miocic is the GOAT HW. I don’t see how anyone could rate him lower than 2.

Considering Stipe hasn't been knocked out by a middleweight who's older than him and never avenged that loss (Henderson vs Fedor) I'll put Stipe at #1. Fedor simply sucks and has been exposed in the U.S.

By the "relative to peers" standard, I think only Fedor and Nog are clearly above him.

Fedor for obvious reasons.

Nog was 29-4 pre-UFC, only losing to Fedor (badly), Barnett (barely), and "only on the books" to Henderson (BS decision). Top 1 pre-Fedor and Top 3 from about the middle of 2001 to the middle of 2006 IIRC, which was a span of about 18 fights or so.

Stipe has been at that level for about three years, about six fights.

H2H I think Stipe beats the brakes off of Nog. I actually think Nog's game would translate terribly to modern MMA. Fedor is a different story.
Fedor the guy who tries to submit off his back? Lol Stipe would take him down and annihilate him. Easy work! GJ on fighting and beating the best Stipe! Fedor has won 0 UFC fights and it's by far the most relevant org.

Fedor the guy who tries to submit off his back? Lol Stipe would take him down and annihilate him. Easy work! GJ on fighting and beating the best Stipe! Fedor has won 0 UFC fights and it's by far the most relevant org.

You would do better at grabbing attention if you were more subtle.

Friendly advice from a former troll.

He’s pretty much the least versatile guy on that list. Has good wrestling. Good boxing. Not great in any area.
Meanwhile he has the best boxing on the list easily, so I guess everyone else’s boxing must be awful

Actually, I kind of agree. Most of them can’t box and even the ones who kind of can like cro cop and nog are super basic and nowhere near the boxers stipe is

Fedor, Nog, Stipe
Was Stipe #3 2 weeks ago? Was he 14 months ago?

If you're like most, you probably had him top 5 14 months ago and lower top 10 (or even top 15) 2 weeks ago. And now top 5 again.

So I ask, should GOAT status really be that volatile in real time? Contemporary rankings certainly should be, but GOAT?

Another related question: did 1 loss make DJ lose his 125lb GOAT status?

I don't mean to be attacking you, and there is no wrong answer.

Both Nog and Crocop joined the UFC in their prime and had losing records. Both guys were knocked out and out classed repeatedly.

None of this is my opinion or judgement, its objectively what happened.

Fight exhibition level talent, get exhibition level results. Nog and Crocop were both fine fighters in their prime, and legends in the sport. To say they are head and shoulders better then guys like DC and Stipe is not only disrespectful, its demonstrably untrue.

Cro Cop's fighting prime was ~2004. The peak of his career was 2006. There is a difference. By the end of 2004, between Boxing, Kickboxing and MMA, he already had exactly 100 fights to his name... I'm not certain how much damage you believe it takes to take someone's body out of its prime... Furthermore, he had no experience in a cage...

Prime Nog ended after the Bob Sapp and Fedor fights, Sapp permanently injured his back and neck and Fedor beat him into a living death, twice... so... ~2004.

So, I'm not sure where this narrative comes from where you believe Cro Cop and Big Nog entered the UFC in their fighting primes...

Back