Social Poll Shows Strong Black Support for Gov. Ralph Northam

Polls are a great way to get a gauge on the black community.

He’s a democrate so democratic voters are going to forgive him and say it’s no big deal and all in the past.

If it was a republican the same people would be out for blood.

Why do majority of blacks support him? What he did was unforgivably racist according to white liberals and black democratic leadership.
Because they do not want republicans to take over? The lieutenant governor is also in trouble and if everybody keeps resigning eventually they will be left with a republican.

<JagsKiddingMe>

That's not "white liberals," that's white Virginians. White Virginians are majority Republican. You're surprised that Republicans want the Democratic governor to resign?
Ignorant as usual. There was only a 10-point split in the governor's race in 2018 among Whites (which reflects polls of political lean):
https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/exit-polls/virginia
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...ecincts/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.10e9142ad0f4
http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/state/virginia/party-affiliation/

Your logic is actually much more aptly applied to Blacks who skew to the Democrats 76% (compared to 55% Republican for Whites). Woe is you who has blundered an argument of identity far more effective against your own political bias.

giphy.gif

Why do majority of blacks support him? What he did was unforgivably racist according to white liberals and black democratic leadership.
A possible reason is that they realize (correctly) that even while what he did was bad, him resigning and letting a Republican take his place is worse, cause this guy's old Blackface photo isn't going to directly harm the Blacks in his region but a Republican taking his place will hurt Black people , because of racial politics.

He’s a democrate so democratic voters are going to forgive him and say it’s no big deal and all in the past.

If it was a republican the same people would be out for blood.
Cause the GOP has a history of pandering to and going after the anti Black vote. Doesn't take a smart person to figure that out. Who is actually going to cause the most harm, a Dem politicians who engaged in Blackface decades ago or a Republican taking his place, who has the power to skew state / local politics in favor of the GOP and consequently this will hurt Blacks.

Cause the GOP has a history of pandering to and going after the anti Black vote. Doesn't take a smart person to figure that out. Who is actually going to cause the most harm, a Dem politicians who engaged in Blackface decades ago or a Republican taking his place, who has the power to skew state / local politics in favor of the GOP and consequently this will hurt Blacks.

Would the GOP and Bill Buckley have turned on Nixon if Carl Albert was going to be his replacement instead of Ford?

Following the story it seemed that many Dems wanted Northam to step down but his Dem replacements have their own scandals brewing.

Plus you have Trump prancing around with countless scandals

In this situation I can understand why people who care about policy not wanting to toss out the baby with the bathwater

Ignorant as usual. There was only a 10-point split in the governor's race in 2018 among Whites (which reflects polls of political lean):
https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/exit-polls/virginia
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...ecincts/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.10e9142ad0f4
http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/state/virginia/party-affiliation/

Your logic is actually much more aptly applied to Blacks who skew to the Democrats 76% (compared to 55% Republican for Whites). Woe is you who has blundered an argument of identity far more effective against your own political bias.

giphy.gif

So, the considerable majority of white Virginians are Republicans, so a poll of them is not a poll of white liberals.

Thank you for supporting my point for me, darling. I didn't say white voters lean more Republican than black voters lean Democrat. That would be a stupid and irrelevant argument and one that likely is not true anywhere in the country....so the type of argument that you're capable of actually winning against.

Last edited:
\

So, the considerable majority of white Virginians are Republicans, so a poll of them is not a poll of white liberals.

Thank you for supporting my point for me, darling. I didn't say white voters lean more Republican than black voters lean Democrat. That would be a stupid and irrelevant argument and one that likely is not true anywhere in the country....so the type of argument that you're capable of actually winning against.
I think in Mississippi and possibly in Louisiana whites vote 90%+ Republican, but it might be the same for blacks and democrats there. Not that it matters to your discussion, just an addendum.

A possible reason is that they realize (correctly) that even while what he did was bad, him resigning and letting a Republican take his place is worse, cause this guy's old Blackface photo isn't going to directly harm the Blacks in his region but a Republican taking his place will hurt Black people , because of racial politics.
One reason why blacks forgive Northam is because if you are black in America and you refuse to forgive somebody forgive a white person who di or said something racist especially decades ago did or said you would have a whole lot of hostility in your heart towards white folks.

I know a lot of Republicans on thread are asking themselves what if Northam was a Republican? Would blacks in Virginia be so quick to forgive? The correct answer is not a snowball chance in the deepest, darkest, hottest pit of hell would that happen. Why? It's because blacks simply don't like, trust or respect the Republican party at all and these feelings go back decades.

As a Conservative, I would love to see him resign but I guess I can understand why he wouldn't. It's not like he sexually assaulted someone.... <Moves>

lol so being a complete piece of shit isn't as bad as voting to let people keep their money

lol so being a complete piece of shit isn't as bad as voting to let people keep their money
There's been Republicans who have also been caught doing Blackface ; they were exposed after Northam's case. I don't see the right shedding crocodile tears or Trump denouncing the Republicans who engaged in Blackface.

And what's with this "keeping their money" . You think lower taxes are the only think worth voting for / supporting a candidate? If you are soo concerned about how much you get taxed , shouldn't you also be worried about where your tax money goes and shouldn't you be concerned that Red States are takers and Blue States are givers.

This is clear evidence of internalized white supremacy.

And you wonder why people voted for Trump with all his faults.

You know the one that would do least harm to things they believed in.

Next up: photos of men dressing up as women on Halloween from like 5 years ago.

And you wonder why people voted for Trump with all his faults.

You know the one that would do least harm to things they believed in.
I don't wonder at all. I am not one of those leftists who says that working class Whites voting for Trump are shooting themselves in the foot. I mean sure they are in some ways but not in other ways . Trump appeals to economic nationalists, nativists, cultural hegemonists , people who hate America's progressive lean, dislike P.C. milieu etc.. As former Singapore premier Lee said , in a multicultural society, Democrasy becomes a tribal headcount. America as a whole isn't there yet, but the rightwing certainly is.

I don't wonder at all. I am not one of those leftists who says that working class Whites voting for Trump are shooting themselves in the foot. I mean sure they are in some ways but not in other ways . Trump appeals to economic nationalists, nativists, cultural hegemonists , people who hate America's progressive lean, dislike P.C. milieu etc.. As former Singapore premier Lee said , in a multicultural society, Democrasy becomes a tribal headcount. America as a whole isn't there yet, but the rightwing certainly is.

What the democrates never want to hear or admit is if they moved more to the center on some things they would have support from people on the center right when they decided to vote for who would do them less harm.

Take the 2nd or securing the border or allowing males in female locker rooms and such.

What the democrates never want to hear or admit is if they moved more to the center on some things they would have support from people on the center right when they decided to vote for who would do them less harm.

Take the 2nd or securing the border or allowing males in female locker rooms and such.
Re. 2nd
I am on firmly on the right on this issue. Don't agree with the Dems trying to curb it. I have no issue with securing the border either , and don't agree with men who claim to be women using women's restrooms.

Trump did have some real good campaign ideas , but he has been so-so on carrying them through. I mean I give him credit for getting tough with China (relative to the past few Admins) but he hasn't tackled the H1-B scam and has done a 180 on the Saudis.

Re. 2nd
I am on firmly on the right on this issue. Don't agree with the Dems trying to curb it. I have no issue with securing the border either , and don't agree with men who claim to be women using women's restrooms.

Trump did have some real good campaign ideas , but he has been so-so on carrying them through. I mean I give him credit for getting tough with China (relative to the past few Admins) but he hasn't tackled the H1-B scam and has done a 180 on the Saudis.

Yea Trump is not what I wanted but he would have to do some real bad shit to make me regret him beating Hillary.

I would be center left and center right have much in common and could compermise on many things.

That’s not going to happen the shit has gotten so far out now I don’t hold any hope to find working or trusting anymore.

Back