• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poll: Should Lewis Be Blamed For Those Shots, or Should Herb? Or Should No One?

Lewis's Fault, Dean's Fault, or no one is at fault?

• Total voters
Literally just two extra shots, and only one of them landed. The shot doesn't bother me, but that it's considered a big deal does.

No blame on TS; sounds like he's just trying to add perspective.
That's what I always try to do, but people often take these polls the wrong way.

Meh - sometimes it's just how the sequence works out. Heat of the moment and all that.

You boneheads need to knock this off. Blaydes was bent over, face down, and a low undercut will never have anything near full power. When you can't see someone's face and eyes, you have no idea if he was knocked out. BB was REQUIRED to continue hitting Blaydes to be sure he was knocked out. And even one more might not have been enough.

Idiots. Go find a different sport to watch.

He could also have been playing possum, it was definitely a spur of the moment thing with Lewis just trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

You fight until the ref jumps in. It's not a fighter's responsibility to worry about the health and safety of their opponent. It's actually the opposite.

If you voted to blame Lewis, you're basic as hell and need to go watch tennis.

No one. I give Herb shit often, but he’s not clairvoyant and these are two big ass dudes. Imo he did what he could. Derrick followed up in a way I’ve seen tons of times, not everyone can turn off the switch immediately, I don’t think there was anything too unusual about it.

As for the post fight antics, we’re talking about Black Beast... he has an idgaf joker attitude about almost everything he does. I don’t have a problem with it either because I don’t see it as malicious, and I doubt a shadow realm’d Curtis cared anyway. He also might’ve been mad at being made such a big underdog by the media and bookies. In the post fight presser he was more serious and said he was glad Curtis got up and was OK.

People are forgetting Francis basically did the exact same thing, only the ref jumped in a little quicker. I don’t remember there being a lot of controversy about that one.

20f2x4.gif

Exactly, Francis does the same thing in all his fights: he fights until the ref jumps in to stop it. That's his job.

If Francis or Lewis kept hitting after the ref jumped in, it'd be a different story. But both stopped upon the ref's request, and that's all you can ask.

This isn't a poll to say whether or not the punches were necessary, there's already one for that. This is for those who are looking for someone to blame.

I'm of the opinion it is what it is. That's what Lewis is there to do. Dean could've been closer, but he got there as fast as he could. Trying to blame Dean after the fact seemed like typical Black Beast behavior, trying to play it off in his usual not so serious tone. I've also heard he said that because Blaydes's team gave him shit for it immediately after, but I haven't seen that.

I'm not passing judgement of Lewis for that, and frankly I think we've seen worse cheap shots. Askren vs Masvidal and Henderson vs Bisping come to mind.

Even Blachowicz has done it to Anderson, who pretty much everyone agrees is an all around great guy. Anderson was definitely fucking out, but Blachowicz wasn't sure in that moment. I'm gonna give Lewis the benefit of the doubt.
Clearly it's no fault

Lewis hung himself when he complained about Herb Dean.

If you say it was Dean’s fault for not stopping it, then that means you were consciously aware of when he was out.

I don't even know why some of you guys watch MMA.

Don't watch Black Beast fights if it's too violent for you.

The same thing happened to Browne and Volkov. Maybe the ref was a punch too late but you don't know when the ref is going to stop it, especially Herb.

Lewis hung himself when he complained about Herb Dean.

If you say it was Dean’s fault for not stopping it, then that means you were consciously aware of when he was out.
It makes more sense if you watch the post fight ht interview with Lewis. I just did. He cleared things up

I'm not trying to be some tough guy bitch, dude. You're totally off the m ark on that analysis.

Maybe I was harsh with the bitch thing, but I don't see what's wrong with my analysis.

Lewis knew. The way he celebrated you know he knew. The way he excused himself you know he knew.

The question is should he be blamed, and my answer is yes, absolutely.

I don't have any stakes in this, I don't care for either fighter, not a fan. But that was the question, and that's my observation.

Lewis was in the wrong, on a basic human level.

Maybe I was harsh with the bitch thing, but I don't see what's wrong with my analysis.

Lewis knew. The way he celebrated you know he knew. The way he excused himself you know he knew.

The question is should he be blamed, and my answer is yes, absolutely.

I don't have any stakes in this, I don't care for either fighter, not a fan. But that was the question, and that's my observation.

Lewis was in the wrong, on a basic human level.
He always celebrates like that.

Have you seen the post fight interview? Cleared things up imo

its MMA so its nobodies fault, however, I still dont like it and I prefer walk away ko´s like Mark Hunt used to do but not everyone can be that cool.

Blame is the wrong word as it happens so fast.
I will say Herb Dean is usually out of position and always seems surprised when a fighter lands a KO shot. His face often has this look that says, "OMG that guy just punched that other guy!"
Mike Beltran's MiddleEarth moustache is a better ref.

It's not the legality of the shots. It's the intent.

Lewis was an asshole for doing that, for immediately gloating afterwards. He knew what he was doing and he did it on purpose.

He could've severely injured Blades over nothing.

Most of you assholes that are excusing this are doing so cause it makes you feel hard. In reality you're bitches.

Herb, one of the worst refs ever, couldn't do much in this case. And "it's no ones fault" isn't true in this case. We've seen a TON of cases where there were unintentional shots after the opponent was KO'd, but this was not one of those.

Malicious intent Insuring he wins
Asshole Celebrating a win for himself

This is the bus for all extra sensitive people to get on and get out of here.
fe9e7199a0b0477a1b1f9cccc6dd41d1.jpg

The stoppage was fine. Lewis' punches were fine. This sport is not for anyone who doesn't want to see people get hit. STOP WATCHING

Absolutely fine, this is the nature of MMA. The ref has to give fighters space to fight, KOs happen out of nowhere and thus the refs aren't always going to be able to immediately intervene. The fighters have no responsibility to protect their opponent.

Lewis was committed to the punches before Blaydes even hit the ground. Herb should have been reffing the fight though not off picking flowers

Blays should be blamed he could have used head mouvement to avoid those shots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back