POLL: Pitbull v McKee stoppage

McGee/Pitbull: good stoppage or early?

• Good

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Early

Votes: 25 19.5%

• Total voters
Probably could have went either way. I understand why it was stopped.

Also, I still would have liked to have seen pitbull get some more time. I mean, it probably didn't change the outcome, but still.

Pitbull didn't seem to protest. Even if the sub wasn't finished he seemed out of it. May have been out on his feet from the kick honestly

Beltran fucked this up. He didn't tap and he wasn't out. He fell for the old "opponent says he's out when he really wasn't" trick. Would he have probably gone out, yeah, but Pitbull gets robbed of a chance to get out of that. I mean, we've seen people get out of worse.

Didn't like it, but the outcome probably would have been the same.

Good stoppage...Pitbull was done and about to go out.

Savage fans wanted to see a Jones-Machida fatality :D

That shit's way early. The ref fucked up. The hand didn't go limp. HE was dazed from the kick and punches and the guy was squeezing the guillotine, but no way he was out from the guillotine.

5OcLk8Z.gif

When a guy actually goes out from the guillotine standing or modified guillotine whatever that was.

I think that's a huge mistake in my book.

I mean obviously it's easy to see WHY he stopped it, and it will never be reversed, but that's a fuck up and a mistake.

The question is why did he stop the fight?

The ref didn't stop the fight from being knockd down and punched and kicked. So he can't stop the fight from being hurt from that while in guillotine. That would make no sense.

If the ref stopped the fight from Pitbull being caught in guillotine, that's ALSO a mistake because Pitbull wasn't out AT ALL.

Big, big fuck up. It wasn't even that it was early. It was just a wrong stoppage.

Watch seconds 16 to 20 of that clip and tell me it's an early stoppage. No longer fighting hands, doesn't immediately protest because he's just regaining consciousness and doesn't know what's happening.

saved him from having mckees highlight reel having him fall unconscious machida vs jones style .

He tapped twice with his left hand at the exact moment the ref stopped it. They showed a different angle after the interview.

A split second earlier would have been early. Ref should have revolved to other side to see the non-limp arm go limp.

He was close to being out

71aU+l0entL._AC_SL1484_.jpg

And Bellator world title fights. Apparently.

He was slipping into unconsciousness. The stoppage probably saved years off his career.

pitbull was rocked and dropped by a high kick and punches, aj then sunk the choke and was cranking.

this was two minutes into the fight. aj was dry and fresh. Pitbull was DONE. He was on the brink of going out. You can actually see his right hand start to go limp before the ref called it.

and I have to say this again. Pitbull is top 3 in my fav fighters list.

Back