POLL: Pitbull v McKee stoppage

McGee/Pitbull: good stoppage or early?

• Good

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Early

Votes: 25 19.5%

• Total voters
I think its fine, would I have rather he gone completely out so there is nothing anyone can say, yeah of course but does anyone think he's escaping that in the next two seconds before he gets Machida'd?

Looks early to me. Notice how McKee celebrated early before the guillotine then he says "he's out" to the ref but I don't actually see any indication that he went out.

Looked good to me. Like the ref tried to shake his arm / hand & it was limp. At that point the fighter is not intelligently defending himself.

From our vantage point we don't know as much as the ref. I felt the ref did not abuse his discretion.

Last edited:
at the point of the knockdown, I'd be fine with the stoppage, it was a kick and uppercut from what I recall, pitbull was done. The choke was insult to injury, not fighting hands in that position is good enough for stoppage

Good stoppage, the ref moved Pitbull's arm to see if it was limp then he stopped the fight so Pitbull must have been momentarily unconscious.

Beltran fucked this up. He didn't tap and he wasn't out. He fell for the old "opponent says he's out when he really wasn't" trick. Would he have probably gone out, yeah, but Pitbull gets robbed of a chance to get out of that. I mean, we've seen people get out of worse.

Didn't like it, but the outcome probably would have been the same.
Beltran checked to see if Pitbull's arm was limp then he stopped the fight common sense tells me that Pitbull's arm was limp so he was unconscious and that is why Beltran stopped the fight. Perfect stoppage.

Ehhh, I get the idea of why it's not good to stop a fight with a submission with the guys conscious and not tapping, but in the context of this fight it looked like Pitbull was out and the ref had to make a call. Pitbull could of given a thumbs up or something to show he was still in the fight. Ref's have to make calls for a fighter's long term safety and that guillotine was in perfect and deep.

Looks early to me. Notice how McKee celebrated early before the guillotine then he says "he's out" to the ref but I don't actually see any indication that he went out.
The ref checks Pitbull's arm to see if it is limp then stops the fight.

Ehhh, I get the idea of why it's not good to stop a fight with a submission with the guys conscious and not tapping, but in the context of this fight it looked like Pitbull was out and the ref had to make a call. Pitbull could of given a thumbs up or something to show he was still in the fight. Ref's have to make calls for a fighter's long term safety and that guillotine was in perfect and deep.
People keep saying he is conscious but I doubt it. Beltran checked to see if Pitbull's arm was limp, then stopped the fight. As McKee let's go of Pitbull Beltran holds him up.

He got choked out but was lucky that McKee didn't just drop him and the ref was there to hold him up till he regained consciousness.

Back