~POLL: Jos

WAR ALDO!!!

I believe he beats anyone at FW and LW!

i hate it that ppl form lw come down to fw and immediately get a title shot. imagine being a contender @ fw, i would be damn pissed.
so war aldo!

Aldo wins this fight,

I was debating for a while about Pettis actually presenting problems for Aldo, but I feel Aldo presents way more problems for Pettis. Either way, this is fight people must watch!! has the potential for fight of the year imo

Going with Pettis. Could go either way, but this is the first time Aldo faces someone who has better striking than him. Aldo has fast TD's and a good top game to boot, is strong for his size, so a grappling-oriented gameplan isn't far-fetched.

I bet my life on Pettis winning people are in for a surprise.

You are very confident considering Aldo hasn't lost a fight since 2005. To put that into context that was BEFORE Anderson Silva got flying heel hooked in PrideFC. At this point betting your life that Aldo loses his next doesn't seem too bright.

Yes, I know, Pettis has a wallet that says "Bad Mother Fucker" on it, I get it. Still can't bet against Aldo at this point and feel good about it though.

You are very confident considering Aldo hasn't lost a fight since 2005. To put that into context that was BEFORE Anderson Silva got flying heel hooked in PrideFC. At this point betting your life that Aldo loses his next doesn't seem too bright.

Yes, I know, Pettis has a wallet that says "Bad Mother Fucker" on it, I get it. Still can't bet against Aldo at this point and feel good about it though.

I just don't people understand how good Pettis is they tend hang the Guida loss over his head as if it was a beatdown.I just honestly can't see Aldo winning this fight and I'm actually an Aldo fan Pettis also has confidence off the charts when he fight and I think alot of fighters are already halfway beat mentally before they enter the cage with Aldo.

I also find it comical when people say that Aldo would run the LW division too.

I also find it comical when people say that Aldo would run the LW division too.

Well, he did beat Florian convincingly, who was a top 5 LW prior to moving down, and did beat Frankie, who, imo, beat Bendo in their rematch. If beats Pettis, Bendo is the only logical choice for him and he'd be likely seen as the #2 LW if he moved up then to challenge him.

Well, he did beat Florian convincingly, who was a top 5 LW prior to moving down, and did beat Frankie, who, imo, beat Bendo in their rematch. If beats Pettis, Bendo is the only logical choice for him and he'd be likely seen as the #2 LW if he moved up then to challenge him.

But he did say rub the division. Say what you will about that match, frankie gave problems to aldo. Bendo is worse for him stylistically, not to mention some of the other top guys at LW. I have no doubt aldo can be top 3 but he'l have a lot of challenges if he moves up.

Pettis takes it, the real question is will he finish by ko or sub.

But he did say rub the division. Say what you will about that match, frankie gave problems to aldo. Bendo is worse for him stylistically, not to mention some of the other top guys at LW. I have no doubt aldo can be top 3 but he'l have a lot of challenges if he moves up.

This guy gets it.

I just don't people understand how good Pettis is they tend hang the Guida loss over his head as if it was a beatdown.I just honestly can't see Aldo winning this fight and I'm actually an Aldo fan Pettis also has confidence off the charts when he fight and I think alot of fighters are already halfway beat mentally before they enter the cage with Aldo.

Heh, I want to ask you something. Have you ever seen anyone beat Aldo? :icon_chee

He's going to win man, again.

Heh, I want to ask you something. Have you ever seen anyone beat Aldo? :icon_chee

He's going to win man, again.

Yes I've seen someone beat Aldo but that fight is irrelevant but I haven't seen him fight a striker like Pettis,Aldo has mostly fought smaller fighters except for Florian who was by no means an elite striker and went through 3-4 different weight classes and still failed everytime to touch gold.

A LW dropping down and a lot of people picking him to beat the champ.

Where have I heard this before?

And I'm saying that wouldn't be that far away if he were to beat Pettis. He's been said to get the next shot at Bendo if he wins, and if he indeed beats Bendo - which I think he would since Bendo's TD's come off his strikes and he's at a similar disadvantage on the feet against Aldo as he was against Pettis, though this time it's more against straightforward power MT with great TDD than set-up based stand-up - there wouldn't be many legit threats to him.

Cerrone is a fun fight, as is Melendez (though Gil is a wild card because he's had close fights with Thomson, and Kawa & Aoki haven't done well in the cage), but after that the most compelling fights for him are, imo, rematches. And all this could be 2-3 fights away from now.

If Aldo beats Pettis, he's gone 3-0 against top 5 LW's in his last 4 fights.

And I'm saying that wouldn't be that far away if he were to beat Pettis. He's been said to get the next shot at Bendo if he wins, and if he indeed beats Bendo - which I think he would since Bendo's TD's come off his strikes and he's at a similar disadvantage against Aldo as he was against Pettis TDD wise, though this time it's more against straightforward power MT with great TDD than set-up based stand-up - there wouldn't be many legit threats to him.

Cerrone is a fun fight, as is Melendez (though Gil is a wild card because he's had close fights with Thomson, and Kawa & Aoki haven't done well in the cage), but after that the most compelling fights for him are, imo, rematches. And all this could be 2-3 fights away from now.

If Aldo beats Pettis, he's gone 3-0 against top 5 LW's in his last 4 fights.

I'm pretty sure Dana said Aldo isn't getting that title shot now I'm not saying we should all believe uncle Dana.

Back