Poll: Does the UFC Need a Code of Conduct (Trash Talk Limits)?

What should be off limits in trash talk by UFC fighters?

• Race

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Religion

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Partners

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Kids

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Parents

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • Nationality

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters
I voted for damn near all of ot tbh.

If rhey cant confine trash talk to each other. Then they probably arent smart enough to be talking to begin with.
If someone wants to kill a person because of words then the problem lies with the killer's dumb ass brain

If someone wants to kill a person because of words then the problem lies with the killer's dumb ass brain
<TheDonald>
If the person insulting me isn't family why would I care?
Talk shit back. Laugh at it. Shit is fun. Some people lol

<TheDonald>
If the person insulting me isn't family why would I care?
Talk shit back. Laugh at it. Shit is fun. Some people lol
Exactly

I don't understand how words hurt from random people

Friends and family? Sure.
Random goof or potential opponent? Who cares, they don't know shit lol

Fuck censorship. Freedom of speech above all.

Absolutely NOT.

These people are fighters and nothing more, what they say (in America at least) should be protected by FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

If Conor wants to shit on religion so be it.

If Khabib wants to say Conor is an accused rapist so be it.

The very fact that this is even being discussed, in the heavies of all fucking places, is just ridiculous and a sign of the times changing.

Form your own opinions and choose which fighters to root for/against but please, leave the cancer of mondern politics and social issues for the feminists and racists to cry about.

@ReadWrite in no way am I insulting you, I value your opinions as a decent poster

If they know that person is going to lose their shit because of it, and still say it then he is just as stupid.

If they wanted it they should have done it long ago - they let conor get away with lots and now it's reached this.

Conor wanted to attack someones wife so Khabib responded in kind. Pretty much shut that POS up.

Nothing should be off limits. They’re fighters and should act as such.

If you're ok with there being no boundaries, you'd better bring triple the security to these events.

And probably wear a bulletproof vest to the pressers.

That's all I'm saying.

You really think grown adults can't control themselves? That they'd go to pieces because someone said mean things to them?

If their skin is that thin, maybe a sport like this isn't the place for those people.

Nothing. What separates MMA from other sports is how raw it is.
Other sports have tough guys who can talk some shit, keep it relatively clean, then sit down and have a bear later. MMA has wack jobs who are visceral and take it way over the top. I like watching the taunting, the beating, the savagery, the refusal to let go, the mania. I want them to push it as far as they can. I want the hate to flow until it manifests in confrontation. I want no holds barred.

Family members is where I would draw the line, so I voted partners, kids and parents.

Certainly not religion. Religion is bullshit and absolutely deserves to be mocked.

Didn't Hughes have the UFC VP of code of conduct $1 mil job?

There shouldn't be any type of enforcement, but fighters should use common sense. Talking shit about another man's wife or kids is pretty low.

They should but they won't

$$$$$ over morals in the UFC

Freedom of speech but dont be shocked if some jump cages and do shit outside the sport. But if there is no limits eventually like what Gas said someone will get shot or maybe worse there could be a terrorist attack. Good thread TS because it makes you think about censorship but does it challenge that? This isn't twitter or facebook, this is a business and other sports fine or suspend those that are racist, etc.

ONE banned trash talk and most fighters are happy about it.

ONE also banned weight cutting, which is better for fighter health.

ONE is treating MMA as a proper sport, not circus like UFC.

(I am not sponsored by ONE)

(yet)

Nothing, you created the monster now deal with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back