Poll: Does the UFC Need a Code of Conduct (Trash Talk Limits)?

What should be off limits in trash talk by UFC fighters?

• Race

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Religion

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Partners

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Kids

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Parents

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • Nationality

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(Note: Poll is confidential; userid not visible in results)

Speaking on Twitter, former UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg shared her belief that the UFC should implement a code of conduct the same way that other sports leagues have. This, she feels, would help taper the kind of virulent trash talk we’ve been seeing from Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor of the last few days. Cyborg feels this is important due to the increased visibility of the UFC since the promotion began broadcasting on ESPN.

“Sometimes I wish athletes in the @UFC were held to a code of conduct similar to athletes in the @nfl@nba@mlb For The things they say online. Now that the sports is on @ESPN we are in the homes of more kids! We need to unite not divide…this is what sports are for!” – Cris Cyborg

Too late for that one

Kevin Lee already talked about Chiesa's mom. Probably the most offensive and controversial thing that has ever been said during a UFC presser

pEwb2n5.gif

It’s a circus that they have promoted as such. The horse already left the barn. It’s not like it’s a legit sporting league, anyway. I don’t care what they do. It’s not like I publicize I actually watch the UFC in real life. So, I can’t exactly be embarrassed by their shit.

All about good taste which unfortunately differs from person to person.

Also, too bad that far too many fans lap it all up

nothing-- make it no holds barred trash talk why not? why even pretend to have some lame gentlemen's rules in trash talking? it cheapens the game

i wanna see people get called f????? and n????? and s???... that type of thing. the kind of thing that makes a press conference go from words to throwing hands in a split second, i aint seen any trash talking to the level where u get to see grown men cry

seriously just let them bang (verbally)

Yeah... it may be too late.

I loved the whole idea of the respectful martial artist but are you gonna feed that to these fans?

rarhfq.gif

Why have a secret poll? If a person is embarrassed by their vote maybe they shouldn’t make it.

I draw the line at race, we can't have that kind of shit ever. It would hurt the game we love to watch.

Fuck that pussy ass shit

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

If you're ok with there being no boundaries, you'd better bring triple the security to these events.

And probably wear a bulletproof vest to the pressers.

That's all I'm saying.

I’d be more worried about the fight than the words

Let fools get jacked up yelling at you, and just smile. It’s defeating, they can’t sleep, they are so pissed, and they gas in the first

I can't believe the number of votes for no limits. Do you need to see somebody die before you change your mind?

I voted for damn near all of ot tbh.

If rhey cant confine trash talk to each other. Then they probably arent smart enough to be talking to begin with.

Nothing. Free speech, sticks and stones.

If I had to pick one maybe kids but that's it

They can talk about anything but if the other fighter gets upset they can FIGHT IT OUT IN THE OCTAGON?

How bou dah?

Back