• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poll: 77% of Democrats with 4-Year Degrees Think Sex Not Determined at Birth (Gender Mega Thread)

There is nothing wrong with calling someone by their legal name.

Literally nothing.

It's a perfectly fair middle ground in this stupid game we are being forced to play.

I guarantee there is no policy on the books in any school that says you have to use gender pronouns in lieu of a students actual legal name.

i can bet you there is one about using pronouns a certain way.

which is something he refused to comply with. doesnt make him a bad teacher or person, but employers are well within their rights to take disciplinary action.

So are the gender roles, gender norms and gender based behaviors we see throughout the rest of the animal kingdom also social constructs, applied concepts and cultural?
Comparing us to animals as if we should be basing our behaviors off creatures that don't know how to use a wheel is silly but just to humor you I'd like yo point out that ants in an ant colony can change roles and do so in response to the relative balance of the various roles within the colony. So in a sense their roles within the colony are socially constructed.

Are these degrees in science, engineering or medicine? Probably in liberal arts or 18th century Lit or some shit.

Gender had always meant male or female sex. Gender was mainly used to describe words.
It is a post modernist slant to change the meaning of Gender in a physical/biological sense to the assigning sex to a language construct.

See if a word can be masculine or feminine, then why can't anything? Assigning gender as some arbitrary value works just as well as with humans, right?
Although with humans it is not so arbitrary.

Now, look what gender was used in for most instances before Obama's last term. Gender roles. Assigning behavior---again something without a sex--to a psychological construct.

So, you see the post modern slight of hand at work that appeared in the last few years?

We can assign gender to words to reflect them being masculine or feminine, and also behavior we see most in males or females with gender roles.....

So why can't we apply gender to mean masculine or feminine to humans????

ANSWER: Because humans have sex. If you have a biological sex then your gender = sex.

Lets take back TRUTH!!!

Just say no to doubleplusgood

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE: 1913 Webster's dictionary

https://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/webstersUnabridged_1913_gutenberg(2014).pdf

1. Kind; sort. [Obs.] "One gender of herbs." Shak.
2. Sex, male or female. [Obs. or Colloq.]
3. (Gram.)
Defn: A classification of nouns, primarily according to sex; and
secondarily according to some fancied or imputed quality associated
with sex.
Gender is a grammatical distinction and applies to words only. Sex is natural distinction and applies to living objects. R. Morris.
Note: Adjectives and pronouns are said to vary in gender when the
form is varied according to the gender of the words to which they
refer.

"I used to have a friendly, live and let live attitude towards black people, but shit like this is making that very difficult to maintain"

Calm down there bud

Being black is not the same as have a psychological delusion you expect other people to bend over backwards to accommodate.

The fact that you think the two things are equivalent is a great example of how people have completely lost all sense of perspective on this issue.

i don't care

just don't make it law for me to play along with you identifying as a unicorn

Being black is not the same as have a psychological delusion you expect other people to bend over backwards to accommodate.

The fact that you think the two things are equivalent is a great example of how people have completely lost all sense of perspective on this issue.
>Bend over backwards to accommodate

Literally just making an effortless change in your language that doesnt affect you negatively and means the world to someone else.

Again, calm down there bud.

Also you must've missed my point, you rant about "being black is not the same" rather than seeing how dumb it is to say fuck an entire group because of singular, individual, cases like this.

i can bet you there is one about using pronouns a certain way.

which is something he refused to comply with. doesnt make him a bad teacher or person, but employers are well within their rights to take disciplinary action.

Again, there is no way that there is a rule stating you have to use a gender pronoun in place if an actual name.

There are places where there are rules that state you have the preferred pronoun if indicated. That however does not usurp the place of a proper name.

You can't force someone to use a pronoun in place of a legal name.

Jesus H. Christ.

I identify as a straight male but I do look really effeminate back in the day and I have a long hair and many times managers in the Company I worked for would accidentally call me, miss,mam and Madam!

I should have sued them and made a big deal out of it.
I had hair metal hair and used to get that shit too. I didn't realize until now how oppressed I was.

Being male and a teacher is not a good idea. It's just a matter of time before someone accuses you of something. Give someone a bad grade? Be prepared to defend yourself in court for rape. While jobless and probably homeless, as an accusation will likely result in parents harassing and or attacking you in public.

According to this article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...s-wrong-gender-joshua-sutcliffe-a8054146.html

The teacher "refused to refer transgender students as him or her" because of his beliefs, but has always tried to balance out his beliefs with transgender sensibilities by just referring to the individual by name instead of by pronoun.

The school itself refuses to comment.

I find it likely that the school attributed malice to the (accidental) misgendering due to his religious/political beliefs.
It's pretty crazy that we are letting children who haven't been on earth for a cup of coffee write the rules based on their feelings.

>Bend over backwards to accommodate

Literally just making an effortless change in your language that doesnt affect you negatively and means the world to someone else.

Again, calm down there bud.

Also you must've missed my point, you rant about "being black is not the same" rather than seeing how dumb it is to say fuck an entire group because of singular, individual, cases like this.

How is it a 'singular and individual case' when state institutions like public schools are enforcing a standard based on the delusions of a tiny minority and punishing people who don't accept their ideology?

You're not making sense.

Gender is a biological science. Alt-left force their delusional fantasy on everyone else. I'm getting sick and tired of those assholes.

Depends upon how far you're talking about people going. If a person wants to transition to the opposite gender, I have no problem with using the term they instead of he or she. Any other terms after that may have some academic application but otherwise it's not productive IMO.

Gender is a biological science. Alt-left force their delusional fantasy on everyone else. I'm getting sick and tired of those assholes.

And it's not possible that the conservative right is pushing their delusional fantasy of a black and white world on everyone else, when the world is really more complicated than that?

I had hair metal hair and used to get that shit too. I didn't realize until now how oppressed I was.

In my prime I could pass as a girl I

but I am too lazy to do all the make up stuff.

In my prime I could pass as a girl I

but I am too lazy to do all the make up stuff.
It was usually old men trying to fuck with me over my long hair. Or get laid, I don't know.

I don't care either. I refuse to play this game. When I see a man, I'm calling it a man. When I see a woman, I'm calling it a woman. If I see a crossdresser/trans/wahtever, I'm avoiding conversation anyway.

Back