Political Betting Thread

Democrats will be busy infighting for the nomination with each other by the time trump will have his campaign solidified and well prepared and importantly much more well funded that any other candidate on both sides so far. he's already raised $30 million which has gone under the radar so far. the black/hispanic vote should be much improved for him due to the improved wages and unemployment rate also, directly taking away from the democrat's target groups.

trump is currently 2.34 ish to be the next president. I put a couple units on him for a trade, i will try to bet against him at around 2.0 depending on how quickly the odds change over this year. may well add a couple more units if i have a good few weeks.
The mueller report doesn't worry you? (my knowledge of politics, esp US politics, goes no further than the reddit frontpage fwiw)

The mueller report doesn't worry you? (my knowledge of politics, esp US politics, goes no further than the reddit frontpage fwiw)

tbh I haven't looked into it very much. but from what i do know, it doesn't really worry me. the whole thing is a big stretch. no evidence at all provided (not to say there wasn't fuckery going on), the longer dems focus on this witch hunt the less time they have to unite for the election next year. as far as i can tell most left wing media is just kicking a dead horse, but again I haven't looked into it too much.

Feeling like a complete mongoloid for liking beta o dorke at 9 cents rn 4 the nomination

Feeling like a complete mongoloid for liking beta o dorke at 9 cents rn 4 the nomination

he seems like a classic flash in the pan candidate. got a shit load of media attention and hype before fading into obscurity when the media find another candidate that is less boring. right now its that Buttigieg guy that has taken the spotlight away from orourke. i can see why ppl would bet at those prices though. it's such an open field compared to normal and a few of these prices will be really good value in hindsight.

he seems like a classic flash in the pan candidate. got a shit load of media attention and hype before fading into obscurity when the media find another candidate that is less boring. right now its that Buttigieg guy that has taken the spotlight away from orourke. i can see why ppl would bet at those prices though. it's such an open field compared to normal and a few of these prices will be really good value in hindsight.
Im not sure hell win but i think he definitely has value for now as his price will go up as other meme candidates fade away
His staying power is he makes single loser moms horny so his base is secure lol

All of these candidates are jokes tho im not sure how it’s possible the DNC cant field a normal seeming person

Im not sure hell win but i think he definitely has value for now as his price will go up as other meme candidates fade away
His staying power is he makes single loser moms horny so his base is secure lol

All of these candidates are jokes tho im not sure how it’s possible the DNC cant field a normal seeming person

i think the establishment dems will push him and a lot of these "progressive" candidates and keep them relevant just to take away votes from bernie.

Kamala Harris is my taking for the nomination. I haven't put any money down, haven't got any I want to tie up is why, but I'm thinking she's their candidate. Checks a lot of the boxes on both the more extreme left, as well as the establishment left. Beto is a flash in the pan like said above (and would be clowned by Trump).

If I was putting anything down, I'd be on Trump to win reelection. The Dems don't have a reasonable candidate, and generally presidents have been reelected to a second term.

Kamala Harris is my taking for the nomination. I haven't put any money down, haven't got any I want to tie up is why, but I'm thinking she's their candidate. Checks a lot of the boxes on both the more extreme left, as well as the establishment left. Beto is a flash in the pan like said above (and would be clowned by Trump).

If I was putting anything down, I'd be on Trump to win reelection. The Dems don't have a reasonable candidate, and generally presidents have been reelected to a second term.
Harris is interesting as she’s clearly the groomed minority establishment candidate so on the surface this makes sense but shes deeply unlikable and her history as a prosecutor means the far left despises her

Also i have a theory that black men are severely unmotivated to Vote for a black women ( the handfull of blaq men i kno absolutely hate her)

Harris is interesting as she’s clearly the groomed minority establishment candidate so on the surface this makes sense but shes deeply unlikable and her history as a prosecutor means the far left despises her

Also i have a theory that black men are severely unmotivated to Vote for a black women ( the handfull of blaq men i kno absolutely hate her)
She's been remarkably quiet so far in terms of coverage (as far as I know, I don't soak in much left wing media anymore). She seems like the natural continuation of Hillary to me.

I don't think they want Bernie to win, fearing that his spin on politics will flop in the general. We all know Biden ain't winning shit.

Once the debates start, it'll be much more clear. I get the feeling that the left wing media will put their heads together and choose a unified candidate (that will still lose)

bootiejig attacking sanders today. the vote stealing has begun. establishments phase #1 of attempting to deny sanders the nomination

It's a long shot, but I threw some change on Andrew Yang to get the nomination.

I got him at two cents so i cashed on that but an Asian could never win the dem nomination
I don't know, I actually think it's perfect: a minority, but a non maligned one. He can speak from the minority experience when helpful, but without it defining him and his candidacy.

I don't know, I actually think it's perfect: a minority, but a non maligned one. He can speak from the minority experience when helpful, but without it defining him and his candidacy.
blacks and Mexicans hate/ distrust asians more than they do white people lol

You must be a suburbanite or upper class to not regularly hear this

If community leaders accept him as a worthy representative of their interests I think he will be fine in that respect.

It's not that this is wrong, so much as it is a childish oversimplification. No, Mexicans, blacks, and Asians don't like or get along with one another in regions of the country where 2 or 3 of those groups are present.

They will, however, readily form alliances in cases where it's beneficial to do so. Look at a college campus and note how the student associations for Hispanics, blacks, and Asians are all in lock-step with one another, denouncing white supremacy, toxic masculinity, "Nazis" (ie any white person not ashamed of their heritage), "Zionists" (ie any Jew not ashamed of their heritage), etc.

Yang being Chinese isn't a hindrance at all, and still an advantage over being white like Sanders, Biden, Buttie, Robert Francis O'Rourke (a fake Mexican who looks like a Thomas Nast caricature of an Irishman), Gillibrand, and Klobuchar.

If he were nominated, rest assured that minorities would still support him overwhelmingly simply because he has a D next to his name.

It's not that this is wrong, so much as it is a childish oversimplification. No, Mexicans, blacks, and Asians don't like or get along with one another in regions of the country where 2 or 3 of those groups are present.

They will, however, readily form alliances in cases where it's beneficial to do so. Look at a college campus and note how the student associations for Hispanics, blacks, and Asians are all in lock-step with one another, denouncing white supremacy, toxic masculinity, "Nazis" (ie any white person not ashamed of their heritage), "Zionists" (ie any Jew not ashamed of their heritage), etc.

Yang being Chinese isn't a hindrance at all, and still an advantage over being white like Sanders, Biden, Buttie, Robert Francis O'Rourke (a fake Mexican who looks like a Thomas Nast caricature of an Irishman), Gillibrand, and Klobuchar.

If he were nominated, rest assured that minorities would still support him overwhelmingly simply because he has a D next to his name.
IF already nominated id agree with this for the most part , but id be curious to see how an Asian Dem would do with other minorities....

IF already nominated id agree with this for the most part , but id be curious to see how an Asian Dem would do with other minorities....

Again, Yang has an edge on most of the field, as Chinese > white. Only Cory Booker and Kamala Harris have an advantage in that regard. Nevermind that many political scribes envision the future of the Democratic Party as being a Hispanic-Asian alliance, which Yang fits beautifully into.

Now, he almost certainly doesn't even come close to a nomination, but his race is more of an advantage than an impediment.

Again, Yang has an edge on most of the field, as Chinese > white. Only Cory Booker and Kamala Harris have an advantage in that regard. Nevermind that many political scribes envision the future of the Democratic Party as being a Hispanic-Asian alliance, which Yang fits beautifully into.

Now, he almost certainly doesn't even come close to a nomination, but his race is more of an advantage than an impediment.
I think many people significantly overrate the importance of race of candidates to Democratic primary voters. Maybe the voters would choose Chinese > white if all else were equal, but all else is never equal.

Back