Polish Power?

CiaecL4UkAArx6x.jpg

Dustin Jacoby: Alex Pereira is ‘hands down’ hardest puncher I’ve ever fought, ‘just hits different.’

I wanna see TS dispute the accuracy of Sam Stout’s nickname in this same fashion. Hell, do Dan Ige in the same thread.

Did you see the fights?

"No I just became a fan of Periera last year and looked on Wikipedia and crunched some numbers. From my data analysis, I’ve concluded that Brazilian fighters have more power than Polish fighters.”

You can hit hard and still not have a crazy ko percentage. Michael Johnson hits very hard and only has 9 ko's in 21 wins. Woodley only has 7 ko's out of his 19 wins, Burns hits pretty hard but only has 6 ko's etc.. Also it's just a silly nickname, don't take it too seriously lol
Right. Having power and landing powerful shots are two different things.

Izzy had nothing for Jan. Jan was winning on the feet and was able to take Izzy down. Alex is huge compared to Izzy so the clinch w/ Jan vs Alex will be interesting. Jan needs to avoid being clipped early on and maybe wear Alex down a bit. Izzy fully flat lined alex so Jan should have a shot as well. Jan has/had a good chin, but he is getting up there now so just depends what he has left in the tank. This is definitely an interesting fight to me and I wouldnt bet against Jan.

It's rare, but sometimes people awaken an inner potential to be a finisher. Khabib for example went from fifty-fifty to an 100% finish rate after becoming champion, and that was with harder, championship level opponents. While not to the same extent, Blachowicz made his reputation brutally knocking and both Corey Anderson and Reyes, and also while not managing the finish, so did he still badly hurt Ankalaev.

Khabib took an entire YEAR between each of his last 3 fights. He literally fought 3 times between 2018 and 2020. Total.

Its easier to maintain your stats when you rarely fight. You're including tapping Conor, FFS Nate @%@ Diaz did that. Justin also absolutely sucks on the ground and gets murdered when he fights elite competition, he tripped and fell into that title shot because we didn't know Ferguson was shot.

Beating Poirier was his impressive win in that trio, and it was high level stuff. Granted there is no point in time in the last decade Poirier was ever the best in any division he's fought in.

I don't see why we have to tear down Jan to build up Alex. Can't we just enjoy an awesome fight between two exciting fighters that seem to be good dudes outside the cage?

Khabib took an entire YEAR between each of his last 3 fights. He literally fought 3 times between 2018 and 2020. Total.

Its easier to maintain your stats when you rarely fight. You're including tapping Conor, FFS Nate @%@ Diaz did that. Justin also absolutely sucks on the ground and gets murdered when he fights elite competition, he tripped and fell into that title shot because we didn't know Ferguson was shot.

Beating Poirier was his impressive win in that trio, and it was high level stuff. Granted there is no point in time in the last decade Poirier was ever the best in any division he's fought in.

Nate tapped McGregor because McGregor expanded his entire gas tank in the first and was looking for a way out after Nate tagged him; he wasn't able to do it in the second fight when McGregor came in with the right mindset. Besides, I know the rule is to hate McGregor here, but at his peak he was truly a special fighter, albeit a nearly perfect matchup for Khabib stylistically. Still, I maintain that Khabib did change after gaining the belt, becoming more confident and a better finisher. Also, the Gaethje fight was just as Dustin very impressive: the only other that has subbed him being Oliveira, who had to basically beat the fight out of him before getting the finish, whereas Khabib all but toyed with him when it came to grappling.

it's LEGENDARY Polish Power you pieces of shit!

Nate tapped McGregor because McGregor expanded his entire gas tank in the first and was looking for a way out after Nate tagged him; he wasn't able to do it in the second fight when McGregor came in with the right mindset. Besides, I know the rule is to hate McGregor here, but at his peak he was truly a special fighter, albeit a nearly perfect matchup for Khabib stylistically. Still, I maintain that Khabib did change after gaining the belt, becoming more confident and a better finisher. Also, the Gaethje fight was just as Dustin very impressive: the only other that has subbed him being Oliveira, who had to basically beat the fight out of him before getting the finish, whereas Khabib all but toyed with him when it came to grappling.

Khabib fought once a year to end his career. Its much easier to have an impressive run when you never fight.

Khabib fought once a year to end his career. Its much easier to have an impressive run when you never fight.

Depends. Shogun's and Crocop's runs come to mind as counter examples. I believe that both approaches have their benefits: When you fight often you achieve the correct mentality and when you fight seldom you allow yourself to recuperate.

Polish Power is a catchy alliteration. Pereira should have something similar, like Brazilian Bomb.

While Jan may not be a constant KO artist, he does have a lot of power to batter his opponents into living death, such as Dominick Reyes.

Also, when he KOs people, it's glorious

i

Brazilian bomb lol

How about Brazilian Feijoada

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jan-Blachowicz-25821

Jan Błachowicz' record is 29 wins, 9 losses, 1 Draw.

Of Jan's wins, the breakdown is

9 by KO (31%)
9 by Sub (31%)
11 by Dec (38%)

Of Jan's losses, the breakdown is

2 by KO (22%)
2 by Sub (22%)
5 by Dec (56%)

Overall, Jan has a 74% win rate (62% by finish, but only 31% by KO), but loses 26% of the time.
He has not some freak knockout artist, which some people make him out to be.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alex-Pereira-224511

By contrast, Alex Pereira's MMA record is 7 wins 2 losses, 0 draws.

Of Alex' wins, the breakdown is

6 by KO (86%)
0 by Sub (0%)
1 by Dec (14%)

Of Alex' losses, the breakdown is

1 by KO (50%)
1 by Sub (50%)
0 by Dec (0%)

Overall, Alex has a 78% win rate (86% by finish, all by KO), but loses 22% of the time.
Alex is clearly the KO artist in this matchup.

So the matchup is pretty even, win / loss %-wise.

In kickboxing, in 40 pro fights, Alex won 33, lost 7, which is an 82.5% win record, losing only 17.5% of the time.
Of his 33 wins, 21 were by KO, which is a 64% KO ratio.

Age-wise, Alex is 36, Jan is 40, so the reflex factor is likely going to be in Alex' favor.

It's even imo. Jan has insanity more mma exp. I like both. Leaning towards Alex but I'm 50/50. Has Alex recovered from the ko?

Back