Polish Power is a myth, more like Polish pillow

Is Ian Blachowicz a KO powerhouse?

• Total voters

JJCc

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I never understand the whole "Blachowicz" has one hit KO power. It's constantly pushed by the announcers, but the guy only has a 22% KO/TKO ratio out of his fights.

Blachowicz has had 36 fights, and only 8 of them by way of KO/TKO.

Even Floyd Mayweather had a KO/TKO ratio of over 50%.

Also think of this, McGregor has a KO ratio of over 70%, while Ian has a KO ratio of 22% as a Lightheavy Weight.

Polish power my arse. Ian is recency bias at it's best. The guy KO's Rockhold and Reyes, and all of a sudden he's some KO powerhouse, when he had a ton of fights before that and could barely KO anyone.

I never understand the whole "Blachowicz" has one hit KO power. It's constantly pushed by the announcers, but the guy only has a 22% KO/TKO ratio out of his fights.

Also think of this, McGregor has a KO ratio of over 70%, while Ian has a KO ratio of 22% as a Lightheavy Weight.

Polish power my arse. Ian is recency bias at it's best. The guy KO's Rockhold and Reyes, and all of a sudden he's some KO powerhouse, when he had a ton of fights before that and could barely KO anyone.

Just because someone has KO power doesn’t mean they always land cleanly.

When he does land at full force, he gets the KO. Even if he doesn’t always land, the fact that being hit by him might KO you changes the way one approaches fighting him, so it’s still relevant.

Casual detected.

It can take fighters awhile to realize and utilize their power. Henderson was notoriously known as "Decision Dan" in the early part of his career. He he had his legendary KO power then too, but he just wasn't educated on how to properly utilize it.

Hendo was KOing and TKOing people since his pride days in 2005. When was Hendo ever a decision machine? For like his first 10 fights? He's been a KO machine for like 10 years before he even arrived in the UFC.

Ian has gotten a few KOs. He's nowhere close to the amount of KO's that Dan had.

Plus, no one ever sold or gimmicked Hendo as a KO machine, they talk about the H Bomb but that's about it. With Ian, it's constantly, that Polish Power will take you out on one shot! Ian has that one hit KO power! You gotta watch out for that power from Ian! In every Ian fight, they focus on his power, when the guy has one of the lowest KOs in UFC history.

Just because someone has KO power doesn’t mean they always land cleanly.

When he does land at full force, he gets the KO. Even if he doesn’t always land, the fact that being hit by him might KO you changes the way one approaches fighting him, so it’s still relevant.

Ian has landed at full force many times in his career and didn't get the KO. At most, he has average power. Ian's power is a lot more like a typical light heavyweight, than some freakish light heavyweight that KOs you with one shot.

Casual detected.

It can take fighters awhile to realize and utilize their power. Henderson was notoriously known as "Decision Dan" in the early part of his career. He he had his legendary KO power then too, but he just wasn't educated on how to properly utilize it.
Casuals don't remember Hendo's earlier days when he was Decision Dan and Hollywood Henderson. Excellent point at how he wasn't educated in how to use it btw

Guy knocks out Corey Anderson, Luke Rockhold and Reyes with both feet planted to the ground. How are you going to convince people he's not a ko artist? With your words and that topless actor you use as your profile pic?

Ian has landed at full force many times in his career and didn't get the KO. At most, he has average power. Ian's power is a lot more like a typical light heavyweight, than some freakish light heavyweight that KOs you with one shot.

Can you give some examples?

Also, you’re totally ignoring the fact that he has 9 wins by submission. You can’t KO a guy that you’ve already submitted.

He also lands fewer strikes per minute than someone like Conor. (3.59 to 5.32), so it’s not like he’s hitting people just as often but not getting the KO.

I voted NO because it IS overrated. Don’t @ me

The first time I heard of Polish power was with all the fight hype with Riddick Bowe vs Andrew Golota fights

Golota dropped Bowe more than a few times in both fights.
Bowe / Golota 2 was a damn slugfest. HW dont fight like that anymore

Back