• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poliquin on Fish Oils and my own Personal Experience

wannabjj said:
What do you guys think of this? Is it of high quality?
It's just a quality fish oil with added CLA; There's a huge percentage of T-nation readers that are into resistance training only for aesthetics, so it only makes sense that Biotest would target that group.

wannabjj said:
Is this a good product to add to my lineup, or are there better ones out there? More to the point, which fish oil product do YOU guys use?
Now, cynicism of bodybuilders aside, for 24.99 a bottle, it DOES look like a quality product. IMO, CLA isn't going to get you anywhere near the body comp. changes that EPA/DHA will, but King Kabuki has mentioned studies pertaining to anti-cancer properties. If you are debating buying it, at that price, I don't think a guy could go wrong.

Personally, I use Health Balance's (Canadian brand sold at Costco) concentrated fish oil, and I also use Ascenta liquid fish oil.

MikeMartial said:
I also use Ascenta liquid fish oil.

I like this stuff. So far you're 2 for 2 with supplement recommendations for me.

In return I will ban whom ever you so desire.

Sonny said:
I like this stuff. So far you're 2 for 2 with supplement recommendations for me.

In return I will ban whom ever you so desire.

Wooo hoo! In that case I'll pick....er....Hmm. Looks like I'll have to make an enemy. :icon_chee

MikeMartial said:
Wooo hoo! In that case I'll pick....er....Hmm. Looks like I'll have to make an enemy. :icon_chee

What was that? Did I hear you say Standard?

Alright! Done!:D

I like the Health from the Sun Pure Fish Oil Liquid. I think I'm done with capsules for good.

Hahahah shit thought it might be me lol. On another note. That product looks good. If it is as powerful as TC and others say, then it would cut down on cost, but I buy so much in bulk it wouldn't matter to me. CLA is good for cancer etc, but I don't see the amounts they are using offering any athletic benefit, but that's just IMO.

Sonny said:
What was that? Did I hear you say Standard?

Alright! Done!:D

Damn man! Now why'd you pick a guy that deadlifts nearly 500lbs? Now I'll REALLY have to work on my sprints!

STWACOACH said:
Hahahah shit thought it might be me lol. On another note. That product looks good. If it is as powerful as TC and others say, then it would cut down on cost, but I buy so much in bulk it wouldn't matter to me. CLA is good for cancer etc, but I don't see the amounts they are using offering any athletic benefit, but that's just IMO.

If supps canada sold flameout I would give it a try. But the price combined with exchange rate and shipping cross border doesn't make it worth my while at this point.

True, for me at 23 bucks a bottle it doesn't work for me. I get fish oil for dirt cheap, and well I already commented on their CLA amounts, so no need for me to switch.

Sonny said:
If supps canada sold flameout I would give it a try. But the price combined with exchange rate and shipping cross border doesn't make it worth my while at this point.

Hehe funny you mentioned that---I just checked. I know they recently started carrying Biotest products, but no Flameout. By the look of their prices, it wouldn't be worthwhile.

But that would be illegal and I don't recommend that type of behavior.

STWACOACH said:
But that would be illegal and I don't recommend that type of behavior.
Hmmm......Flameout isn't illegal here......but now ALCAR....that could be marked as L-glutamine, and that would get over the border....

....Nope, wouldn't work. The border patrol would say "FUCK! There's no way Mike would buy glutamine. WTF is he up to....." :icon_chee

Hahaha, Border Patrol, ya you have to love Customs. ALC even huh, geez I would go crazy without my 3 grams every morning lol

Random and embarassing question for you guys.

I recently changed brands of fish oil. My old brand was 180/120, new brand is 216/144. After taking the new pills, I'd get minor stomach aches. Fearing that they were rancid, I did ye olde bite into 'em test. Other than the overwhelming fish taste, they were otherwise fine. I then swallowed the oil in my mouth. After maybe a minute, I made a mad dash for the bathroom and proceeded to crap out a lung.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? I've been taking fish oil for a long time now, and only after switching brands (switched to Puritan's Pride, damn cheap prices) have had this issue.

erco,

i take purtian's pride fish oil.do you take them with meals? i have never had a stomach ache with taking them in meals or by themselves,never had fishy burps either.i keep my in the fridge .

KzFactoryRumina said:
erco,

i take purtian's pride fish oil.do you take them with meals? i have never had a stomach ache with taking them in meals or by themselves,never had fishy burps either.i keep my in the fridge .

With a meal.

I have no problems with fishy burps or the like, it's the nuclear waste leaking out my ass that concerns me!

I've got 2 bottles in the fridge, 1 at work. I'll try the fridge ones to see if that makes a difference.

Back