• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pokemon GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt vaporeans just get nerfed? are they still very strong? and in theory couldnt a cloyster do some work on a dragonite, and a victribeel do some work on a vap if you had too many of em
Water Gun was nerfed from 10 to 6, but as far as I can tell, Vapes still have the same exact stats, so they are still strong as fuck. My Victreebell & Vileplume destroy Vapes in gyms. Solar Beam is stupid strong.

qydAdxm.jpg

i cant find anything that shows this second way that does nothing, but im assuming since im getting xp im not doing it that way :D

the first part makes sense (in regards to not catching evolved pokemon) but i dont understand this argument. if ive never caught this evolved form before, wont i still get 500xp? i cant i do this while i have a lucky egg on?

With the new update, it seems both methods give you xp now.

No, you get 500xp for introducing the pokemon to the pokedex, it doesn't matter what way you do it though.

so I have a CP941 Machoke... should I max out his CP before evolving into Machamp or should I just use the extra candies to level up Machamp after the evolution?

Also, there should be xp awarded when you get medals. They are completely pointless otherwise.

I would evolve it first to see what moves it got, maybe it's not worth maxing his CP.

didnt vaporeans just get nerfed? are they still very strong? and in theory couldnt a cloyster do some work on a dragonite, and a victribeel do some work on a vap if you had too many of em

Vaporeon is still overpowered.
How the fuck my Jolteon can barely finish a same-cp Vaporeon?
I don't see a reason to use any Electric type pokemons, they are weak AF.

I would evolve it first to see what moves it got, maybe it's not worth maxing his CP.
I don't come across Machops often at all. Relied mainly on egg hatches to get enough candies. This Machamp will be my Machamp until the day this fad disappears into the gaping maw of a blackhole.

I finally bit the bullet and started playing. I'm level 6 currently. Should I save 10km eggs until I'm a certain level? I figure I have to start hatching the 2km ones now or I'll run out of space.

And fuck if I understand which Pokemon I should be training/evolving. But I guess I'll worry about that when I get to a higher level. I'm just catching non-Zubats at the moment. (wasted too many balls on that MFer)

I don't see a reason to use any Electric type pokemons, they are weak AF.
magneton looks like its a decent pokemon that would fill a small niche

Should I save 10km eggs until I'm a certain level? I figure I have to start hatching the 2km ones now or I'll run out of space.

And fuck if I understand which Pokemon I should be training/evolving. But I guess I'll worry about that when I get to a higher level. I'm just catching non-Zubats at the moment. (wasted too many balls on that MFer)
unless you spend actual money to buy incubators, its likely you wont be able to hatch eggs faster than you pick them up so i wouldnt try to save eggs at all. Yes, i would start with the lowest distance eggs and work up.

You probably shouldn't evolve any pokemon until youre level 9+. deciding which pokemon to train is pretty complicated, but i wouldnt do that either until after theyre evolved and when you have enough resources to train/evolve to be strong enough to win a battle at a nearby gym

anyone know why all my pokeballs keep vanishing without using them? I'll hit up a few pokestops and collect a couple dozen poke balls. Wake up the next day and they're all gone. I don't want to keep wasting great balls on little 27cp pidgeys

For those of you who are interested in having the highest CP evolutions, here is the IV Rater calculator you need to know / understand.

https://thesilphroad.com/research

In short, plug in the data and find out the IV % for CP, this will tell you if the base Pokemon is good for the evolution to the next stage (or two), or if you can find / hatch a better one. Anything 85% and higher is solid, 90% and up is what you're looking for.

Real life example: I found a 613CP Squirtle in the wild with some room to grow (ended up being 675 after powering up). Thought this would be the perfect Squirtle to evolve into Blastoise. My friend had hatched a 577 Squirtle from an egg. Obviously, we thought my Squirtle was the better of the two. However, after evolving to Blastoise, mine ended up 1743CP and his at 1910CP! We are the exact same level. Come to find out, when plugging in my Squirtle into the IV Rater calculator, it was only a 60%. His was 91%. It's a hidden stat that combines many variables and is absolutely a good way to find out if your base Pokemon is the one you want to power up and evolve. Learn from my mistake lol.

**it's been rumored (and seems like it's true) that the best IV Pokemon come from hatched eggs as opposed to being found in the wild. So don't assume that just because you have a higher CP Pokemon that one below it is inferior - absolutely may not be the case.

Last edited:
I finally bit the bullet and started playing. I'm level 6 currently. Should I save 10km eggs until I'm a certain level? I figure I have to start hatching the 2km ones now or I'll run out of space.

Don't evolve or powerup anything right now, just forget about it entirely till like level 12.
Forget about powering up till level 20.
You can find the reasons for it in this thread, reddit or google, I'm just lazy to repeat.

Lost my Pokemon Go data today because of that stupid update.
Tried several sites that explained how you get it back but it's not working.
I kinda forgot my gmail account or something, I never use that crap...

Been trying for 2 hours to get my stuff back, but atlas I am back at level 1 now.
I was level 12 and had 36 caught in pokedex, been playing since 24-07 so almost 10 days of gaming for nothing...

For those of you who are interested in having the highest CP evolutions, here is the IV Rater calculator you need to know / understand.

In short, plug in the data and find out the IV % for CP, this will tell you if the base Pokemon is good for the evolution to the next stage (or two), or if you can find / hatch a better one. Anything 85% and higher is solid, 90% and up is what you're looking for.

I always put my potential GOATS (poliwhirl, slowpoke, gastly, dratini, geodude, ...) in the pokeassistant calculator. However, Im not sure how to go on with it. When you compare their level 40.5 stats (maxed out so should have the biggest CP difference) the difference seems really neglectable. Almost the same CP for a 60% pokemon and a 90% pokemon which is why your blastoise example is a little confusing to me. Theyre probably not the same level?
So far what Im thinking is you shouldnt have an absolute garbage IV pokemon (like 0-50%). But everything with IV perfection of like 66%+ seems to be just fine. For example with a Slowbro instead of a potential max 2500CP youll get a 2430CP. When you take into account that youll probably never have enough stardust to level it up to 40.5, but only to like 30 then the difference gets even smaller. Im strongly considering to go with my 67%-80% slowpoke (600cp) over my 93% slowpoke (400cp) just to save a few thousands of stardust.

Hope this was readable and makes some sense.

I always put my potential GOATS (poliwhirl, slowpoke, gastly, dratini, geodude, ...) in the pokeassistant calculator. However, Im not sure how to go on with it. When you compare their level 40.5 stats (maxed out so should have the biggest CP difference) the difference seems really neglectable. Almost the same CP for a 60% pokemon and a 90% pokemon which is why your blastoise example is a little confusing to me. Theyre probably not the same level?
So far what Im thinking is you shouldnt have an absolute garbage IV pokemon (like 0-50%). But everything with IV perfection of like 66%+ seems to be just fine. For example with a Slowbro instead of a potential max 2500CP youll get a 2430CP. When you take into account that youll probably never have enough stardust to level it up to 40.5, but only to like 30 then the difference gets even smaller. Im strongly considering to go with my 67%-80% slowpoke (600cp) over my 93% slowpoke (400cp) just to save a few thousands of stardust.

i think the difference the IV makes is not huge. what people find it useful for is determining which one of their pokemon duplicates will end up being stronger when fully evolved and powered up, and also some people simply want the BEST pokemon that that pokemon could be, in which case you can know early on whether or not your pokemon even has a chance of being 100% IV

Real life example: I found a 613CP Squirtle in the wild with some room to grow (ended up being 675 after powering up). Thought this would be the perfect Squirtle to evolve into Blastoise. My friend had hatched a 577 Squirtle from an egg. Obviously, we thought my Squirtle was the better of the two. However, after evolving to Blastoise, mine ended up 1743CP and his at 1910CP! We are the exact same level. Come to find out, when plugging in my Squirtle into the IV Rater calculator, it was only a 60%. His was 91%. It's a hidden stat that combines many variables and is absolutely a good way to find out if your base Pokemon is the one you want to power up and evolve. Learn from my mistake lol.

**it's been rumored (and seems like it's true) that the best IV Pokemon come from hatched eggs as opposed to being found in the wild. So don't assume that just because you have a higher CP Pokemon that one below it is inferior - absolutely may not be the case.

Thanks for this. Now if my son would get off my god damn phone with his Thomas the Train on Youtube I could start looking up some of mine lol.

Took over the gym at the White House and through my Dragonite named "3rd Term Plz" in there.....

It does make sense! I agree to it all, especially the stardust aspect. The higher IV Pokemon tend to need a TON of stardust. Friend used almost 100k on his Charizard and Blastoise because he decided to go with ones that were the highest on the IV calculator as opposed to the highest "current" CP.

And yes, the differences may be tight. You'll notice from the CP calculator that Blastoise has a very wide multiplier compared to others, meaning his floor and ceiling for CP are far apart from eachother when evolving. I landed somewhere in the middle as to where my friend landed high on the spectrum. I truly believe that the difference was the IV discrepancy between mine and his, and paired with the large multiplier range, he ended up with a beast.

In any event, it's nitpicking. To some (probably most players), they don't care if their particular Pokemon are as high as they can be at each level. I've met some people who literally just care about catching them all, forget the CP levels! There's no right or wrong, the fun for me is trying to max out my top 6-8 at each level, and that's where the calculator might tip the scale, even if it's slightly :)

i ithink if youre evolving/leveling up intermediate pokemon that you wouldnt consider part of your end game goals, you should just not consider the IV and consider the cp and the type of attack they have available. i would only care about the iv if i got deep enough into the game to be able to pick from high level shits like dragonite

i ithink if youre evolving/leveling up intermediate pokemon that you wouldnt consider part of your end game goals, you should just not consider the IV and consider the cp and the type of attack they have available. i would only care about the iv if i got deep enough into the game to be able to pick from high level shits like dragonite

Agreed, and that's how I try to employ it. You'd have to grind stardust for months to be selective of every Pokemon evolution!

I'm done until they put some sort of tracking system.

Longtime Sherdogger but new to the thread. I'm level 20 and my 3 highest CP guys a 1748 Arcanine, 1658 Snorlax, and 1429 Vaporeon. I could power up my Vaporeon more but i'm saving my eevee candy for an evolution. Just today I learned that I could earn even more Pokecoins by owning more gyms. I thought I was limited to 10 coins a day so I would only take one gym a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back