Pokemon GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightingrabbit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone DL'ed this yet? I think it's pretty awesome. Not really as a stand alone game, but just as a unique little time waster. People complain about it not really having a battle system, which personally I don't care. There's a assfull of GB games for that if that's what you're looking for. To me It's just something fun and different to do while you're on the road and bored. I really like the exploration aspect of what the game is trying to push, as underdeveloped as it might be.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Server overloading for now, but the game is great when it's playable.

Absolutely love it. Spent almost two and a half hours after work wandering the city with a few co-workers.

We ended up at our town center (where one of the town's gyms is), and at 11pm, there were five other people there, all battling to take control of the gym.

Absolutely outstanding game so far, I love it.

Well.... I just got pulled over thanks to this game! A Pokemon gym just so happened to be in a schools parking lot and it's basically 3am over here so I looked suspect no doubt. The officer was cool about it.

The police officer told me I was the 10th person he's pulled over for playing Pokemon Go.

In a weird way, I'm really enjoying this game.

Absolutely love it. Spent almost two and a half hours after work wandering the city with a few co-workers.

We ended up at our town center (where one of the town's gyms is), and at 11pm, there were five other people there, all battling to take control of the gym.

Absolutely outstanding game so far, I love it.

How does the battle system work? I don't really get it since you don't level your pokemon in regular battles. So is it just who can swipe dodge better? Also are you actually battling another player for the gym or is it just AI.

Also what is the extent of interactivity with other people as of now?

Well.... I just got pulled over thanks to this game! A Pokemon gym just so happened to be in a schools parking lot and it's basically 3am over here so I looked suspect no doubt. The officer was cool about it.

The police officer told me I was the 10th person he's pulled over for playing Pokemon Go.

Yeah just don't go during the daytime or you'll look REALLY suspect.

Lol and I feel you, I'll have it mounted to my dash while i'm driving. I should probably stop.

LMAO

I wonder who is going to be the first death and how it's going to happen.

It's pretty cool I only played it a little earlier and walked around my block to try it out after the fights. Somebody is bound to walk into traffic or something while playing this game, I already know.

How does the battle system work? I don't really get it since you don't level your pokemon in regular battles. So is it just who can swipe dodge better? Also are you actually battling another player for the gym or is it just AI.

Also what is the extent of interactivity with other people as of now?

The Battle system for Gym battles is basically swiping to dodge an opponent's attacks, and attacking yourself. Basically you need to vary your attack consistency to keep your opponent guessing so they can't swipe dodge.

Yes, you're battling another player, the person that currently has control of that Gym. As of right now, my co-worker controls our local Gym with her 512CP Flareon.

As of now, thats the only interaction with other players though I've red rumors that a chat system might be in the works for a future update.

So far, most people are positive. Definitely gonna get it when it becomes available here!

Caught two in my work parking lot this morning. Seemed to work ok, but my main concern is data usage.

The Battle system for Gym battles is basically swiping to dodge an opponent's attacks, and attacking yourself. Basically you need to vary your attack consistency to keep your opponent guessing so they can't swipe dodge.

Yes, you're battling another player, the person that currently has control of that Gym. As of right now, my co-worker controls our local Gym with her 512CP Flareon.

As of now, thats the only interaction with other players though I've red rumors that a chat system might be in the works for a future update.

So are stats not something that's considered. So, can a guy who has a pidgey that's really good at dodging beat a Charizard? Or do the elements have no play in the battle also?

So are stats not something that's considered. So, can a guy who has a pidgey that's really good at dodging beat a Charizard? Or do the elements have no play in the battle also?

Yeh it sounds very sketchy to me, I'm definitely confused about how the battling/ leveling system works

Did you at least show Officer Jenny your badges?

Me and my friend were walking around last night trying to find this damn Eevee, we ended up near a gym (by a library which at this point was closed for the past couple of hours) and saw a dude walking around and I knew he was also playing it. Was kind of lulzy becasue the guy came up to us without any introduction or anything and was like "do you know why my game is frozen" unfortuntately for him his game froze during the gym battle.

I'll give it a try,
interesting idea overall, it looks like a good way to get folks some outdoor time instead cooped up indoors 24/7

inb4 ending up in a hood trying to get Mewtwo

Me and my friend were walking around last night trying to find this damn Eevee, we ended up near a gym (by a library which at this point was closed for the past couple of hours) and saw a dude walking around and I knew he was also playing it. Was kind of lulzy becasue the guy came up to us without any introduction or anything and was like "do you know why my game is frozen" unfortuntately for him his game froze during the gym battle.

Only a matter of time before some sort of gang rumble is started between Pokemon Go players. Heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back