Poirier would have gotten eaten up by Diaz

lol your an idiot.
Really? I competed in karate and MT for many years. I also teach MT in Thailand. I think I know more about boxing than you do. Watch Nate's boxing: his footwork? His head movement? His side movement? Non existent! He is ultra slow and has no power in his shots. He has durability, stamina and long reach. That's it. And let's not please talk about his kicks. It's painful to watch, same as his non existent ability to check low kicks..

Don't worry TS, everyone's gonna be hanging on nate's sack after the masvidal fight.

Nate's striking sucks. There is a myth here on Sherdog how great his boxing is. And you're one of those idiots..
I think I'm capable of breaking down where he excels in the boxing a fair bit better than you my small minded friend.

If this is how you think, you need to stop talking

I've said many times i don't think either of the Diaz bros are great at range.

They are however very formidable on the inside. Which, shocking as it may be to some here.. Is also boxing! Shocking I know

It's when he gets close, establishes his range, starts controlling your hands, not giving you any space, room to breath and just throws combinations with volume and an immense pace / cardio to back it. That's where he's best

Watch the end of the 2nd round against Pettis. The last minute in the third round against Conor.

Fighters have had the most success when they kept their back off the cage, constantly stayed on their bike and didn't allow the Diaz bros to establish their range, get their timing and flow down. If you're able to keep them at distance and fight more of a calculated battle, they aren't super threatening. Not impressed with them there either

Problem is, when you have a fighter who often has superior cardio to you and can walk through any shot you throw, it's tricky to keep them off you and from establishing their game.

For a MT coach, doesn't seem like you're seeing the bigger picture very well. Also seems like your judgement is exclusively based on his last fight, not his entire body of work

Last edited:
I think I'm capable of breaking down where he excels in the boxing a fair bit better than you my small minded friend.

If this is how you think, you need to stop talking

I've said many times i don't think either of the Diaz bros are great at range.

They are however very formidable on the inside. Which, shocking as it may be to some here.. Is also boxing! Shocking I know

It's when he gets close, establishes his range, starts controlling your hands, not giving you any space, room to breath and just throws combinations with volume and an immense pace / cardio to back it. That's where he's best

Watch the end of the 2nd round against Pettis. The last minute in the third round against Conor.

Fighters have had the most success when they kept their back off the cage, constantly stayed on their bike and didn't allow the Diaz bros to establish their range, get their timing and flow down. If you're able to keep them at distance and fight more of a calculated battle, they aren't super threatening. Not impressed with them there either

Problem is, when you have a fighter who often has superior cardio to you and can walk through any shot you throw, it's tricky to keep them off you and from establishing their game.

For a MT coach, doesn't seem like you're seeing the bigger picture very well. Also seems like your judgement is exclusively based on his last fight, not his entire body of work
No, not on his last fight. On any of his fights. He's not a good boxer by any standards. Not even by MMA standards. He is one of the fighters that sucks even when he does shadow boxing. Sorry bud, but if you think that Nate has great boxing skills, you really know nothing about that sport..

Fight looks like Diaz vs RDA

No, not on his last fight. On any of his fights. He's not a good boxer by any standards. Not even by MMA standards. He is one of the fighters that sucks even when he does shadow boxing. Sorry bud, but if you think that Nate has great boxing skills, you really know nothing about that sport..
Don't even waste my fucking time responding if you're not going to even respond to any point made

Also lol @ by mma standards

By boxing standards his technique is very far from perfect but his inside game is pretty good

What he does have is an iron chin, throws a ton of volume, he's rangy, has strong pace and cardio, a warrior spirit / no quit in him. A lot of attributes he has go a long way, sometimes technique isn't everything. It's those combination of elements and traits which make the fighter formidable. Effectiveness

There's some pad work @ 2:20

My standards are pretty high when it comes to pure boxing so I'm not gonna say he's demonstrating anything super impressive in that context.

By mma standards he is among the best though. Neither Diaz bro is very good at range. Where they excel is on the inside, at close range. When they can establish their range, get into a flow state and start landing combinations with volume, they got hands. Without a doubt

At range though, kinda mediocre. Slow footwork, no head movement, kinda awkwardly thrown punches. Nothing impressive about it

Like I said, if that's the only thing you're judging.. Then you clearly don't see the bigger picture of what Nate even does well.. Which makes me question your supposed training credentials.

maybe it just further illustrates that Muay Thai fighters typically know shit all about boxing.. Lol. Same with karate.

Leaning towards you being full of shit though

Since you can't give a proper response to anything

You also seem to lack any semblance of reading comprehension

Can all you noobs stop pretending Nate diaz is good.

original

Dustin loses to a freak grappler who can take bears down, while smashing, controlling, and submitting them....

Obviously Nate Diaz beats Dustin?

tenor.gif
see this kind of thinking whenever someone loses...

I don't think either guy looked that great on their feet in their last outing, to be honest. Dustin's boxing definitely impressed me against Holloway, but against Khabib not so much. At all. Even accounting for Khabib's admittedly awkward style. And Nate's boxing against Pettis was absolutely awful. Like, go back and just practice the basics for a while awful.

Who beats who at this exact point in time isn't really very interesting to me. Nate needs more time in the gym and in the cage, and Dustin seems to have thought he would outclass Khabib on the feet without actually training for it leading up to the fight.

Pettis broke his foot early in the fight and nate didn't really look good. Nate is a mediocre fighter at best who got hyped by beating Conor. Dustin would likely put Nate to sleep. He is better at everything but cardio than Nate, and that doesnt include Nate's last fight.

Diaz would've sniped Poirier out and brutally finished him, either TKO or catching Dustino shooting in with a guillotine. Terrible, terrible, matchup for Poirier.

Pettis was out striking Nate, that's why he started taking him down

It's amazing how overrated Nate is, despite his average record.

Theres a reason poirier pulled out. Nate is a better boxer with better cardio and jits. Poirier had no path to victory. He took the out when he could and faked an injury
Hmmm, minus the Jits that sounds very similar to the consensus prediction of another fight involving Dustin not to long ago.....

Didn't turn out that way though thanks to Dustin's superior power, equal pace and stamina in a purely standup fight and utilization of a beautiful X guard defence, add in his superior kicking game and this fight doesn't look so black and white to me.

I could see it going similar to Nate Cowboy though since Dustin can get emotional in there but the fight could go either way if he stays composed and I might even hesitantly favor him but I wouldn't put money on it.

Pettis was out striking Nate, that's why he started taking him down

It's amazing how overrated Nate is, despite his average record.
What's equally amazing is how underrated Pettis is.

"Pettis was out striking him", like that should immediately eliminate Diaz from any conversation about being a top striker because " Pettis...." (One of the best strikers in the game) was out striking him..... Lol.

Leaning towards you being full of shit though

Since you can't give a proper response to anything

You also seem to lack any semblance of reading comprehension
Thank you. From you, one of the the biggest and dumbest Conor's nuthuggers, it's a compliment.

Nate is a bad style for porier ill give you that.

For those saying he cant, remember Nate beat Cowboy who is a legit top 10 fighter and top 5 striker.

Also lol @ by mma standards

By boxing standards his technique is very far from perfect but his inside game is pretty good

What he does have is an iron chin, throws a ton of volume, he's rangy, has strong pace and cardio, a warrior spirit / no quit in him. A lot of attributes he has go a long way, sometimes technique isn't everything. It's those combination of elements and traits which make the fighter formidable. Effectiveness

There's some pad work @ 2:20

My standards are pretty high when it comes to pure boxing so I'm not gonna say he's demonstrating anything super impressive in that context.

By mma standards he is among the best though. Neither Diaz bro is very good at range. Where they excel is on the inside, at close range. When they can establish their range, get into a flow state and start landing combinations with volume, they got hands. Without a doubt

At range though, kinda mediocre. Slow footwork, no head movement, kinda awkwardly thrown punches. Nothing impressive about it

Like I said, if that's the only thing you're judging.. Then you clearly don't see the bigger picture of what Nate even does well.. Which makes me question your supposed training credentials.

maybe it just further illustrates that Muay Thai fighters typically know shit all about boxing.. Lol. Same with karate.

Did I criticize his close range or clinch boxing? No, I didn't. But all I have criticized you just repeated too. So, how does it make him a great boxer without the most important elements of boxing fundamentals as footwork, head movement, speed and power? He lacks in that department a lot, not a little. I'm telling you again and for the last time: if Nate didn't have the cardio, durability and reach, nobody would ever mention his boxing as great.

Back