Poirier vs Holloway. Will Poirier be able to get him to the ground?

Ortega couldn't get shit going against max and his grappling and jits is supposed to be next level
Ortega has no takedowns or wrestling in general. Him and Dustin are completely different animals.

FW is full of nobodies though. Aside from Aldo, Holloway, and Zabit there isn't anyone. Frankie should be at 135. Stephens is on a 3-4 fight losing streak. Swanson is washed up. Ortega has no standup and is promoted because of his face. Emmett, Lamas, and Yair are ghosts.

It'll be a good fight for sure. Max hasn't faced adversity in a very long time. And Dustin has been grinding through most of the stacked LW division.

Yeah that will be interesting to see, since its the one advantage he'll have for sure.

I saw Dustin Porirer at a grocery store in New Orleans yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

If he gets stuck behind Max’s jab it’s going to be a 20 minute ass whooping until he gets stopped. I see Poirer more likely to land a big shot in the 2nd or 3rd that changes the fight, not stopping it but putting max on his heels and not so confident
Is that even possible? Aldo hurt him the worst I recall ever seeing him hurt early in there first fight and had him backing up for most of the first 2 rounds yet he still remained composed and shifted into another gear in the third.

He seems to apply more and more pressure as the fight goes on regardless of damage which is a scary prospect for anyone.

Poirer will have to be in the best shape of his life to take over late and he doesn't have much 5 round experience.

Poirier doesn't have Ortega's chin and Max will be hitting harder at 155

Back