Poirier vs Holloway. Will Poirier be able to get him to the ground?

Is this the guy that Michael Johnson knocked out cold?

<{Heymansnicker}>

Johnson also beat Barboza.... He must suck too huh..

Come on man... This is mma.. you know shit happens at the highest level of this sport...

Johnson is no world beater... but he’s a tough out for anybody, has legit skill and a wealth of experience... Not to mention, when he did KO Poirier, it was Johnson’s proverbial “prime”.. Probably the best version of Johnson we were going to get...

Also... Dustin can take a decent shot, but he is not exactly an iron chinned type guy...

Poirier is a live dog

His leg kicks will be a big factor in this fight as well

Max is also pillow fisted meaning Dustins chin won’t be much of a factor

Totally, just look at his last 4 fights. First guy to beat pettis and Ortega by strikes and 2 impressive tkos of aldo. Guy hits like a girl.

Why would porier get him to ground? Max has upped his game to diaz like levels of volume with his punches and I really like his style now. Excited to watch max fight anyone because he brings it!

this is a good ass fight.

Lol, I'm hoping Poirier pulls out and they make Nate vs Max for the Interim.

Totally, just look at his last 4 fights. First guy to beat pettis and Ortega by strikes and 2 impressive tkos of aldo. Guy hits like a girl.
Ortega laughed at his pillows
He is a volume puncher when fighting Manlets

It's interesting to see Max's power and pace translate in 155.

However, just going by his 145 performance, I would favor Porier in this fight, his boxing is actually better, contrary to popular belief.

really wanted to see poirier get a shot at khabib or tony but this fight is a potential fight of the year I can't wait for it

Dustin wins. He doesn’t need it to go to the ground, his boxing has improved leaps and bounds. Holloway doesn’t have the power to stop DP.

Dustin slows down in the later rounds and is chinny

Not a good combo vs Max

Max wins by TKO in the 3rd or 4th round

I agree that he should use his wrestling to have the best chance of winning but Poirier also has huge power. We don't know how well Max's power will translate up a division or how well he can take the bigger shots. Anyone thinking this fight is a cake walk for Holloway is nuts. He gets hit a lot and Poirier doesn't need many flush shots to put guys away.

Ortega couldn't get shit going against max and his grappling and jits is supposed to be next level

Is this the guy that Michael Johnson knocked out cold?
Yep. Sick uppercut - left combo.

But this definitely falls into the 'anything can happen' category. Johnson can beat anyone anytime, just usually doesn't, heh. So can Bobby Green, though Poirier KTFO'd him the fight before.

I look forward to seeing who pieces who up in this fight. Both have all the tools and great chins. Could be exceptional.

If DP can't get a td he's gonna eat about 500 punches a round. A less depleted Max is a scary thought standing because if he can throw so much output after such a tough cut, that extra 10 pounds is gonna be a game changer

I can't pick one, they both have strengths and weaknesses that matchup well against each other, they both do well game planning and adjusting. Tough one to call for me.

Have we seen Holloway have to wrestle much lately? I don't think so. He's definitely a lot better there than years ago. I think Poirier will get him down but not enough to really matter. And maybe his gas tank is better at LW but I think he'll have problems in the late rounds.

Back