Poirier vs Cerrone is the Fight to Make

Kael Rills

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
#2 Poirier vs #5 Cerrone

They're both coming of losses.

Let's see if Cowboy is really shot and washed up or not.

I think Poirier would just smash Cerrone. (whether at 155 or 170). That is *not* an advisable fight for Donald.
I think Donald should take a good 6months off, re-evaluate, and all that.

Poirier would be a heavy favourite

Jesus man how does Cowboy keep tricking so many fans into thinking he’s some kind of contender-level fighter

Why the fuck would Cowboy fight Poirer who is ranked 2nd at LW after 3 TKO losses? LOL

I think Gilespie or Hooker make more sense. Maybe even a Pettis rematch.

Just no. Poirier would murder Cowboy.

Are you crazy? That’s arguably a step up in competition. Maybe loser of Felder-Hooker or Davi Ramos or Gillespie. He really needs a step down in competition after getting finished by Tony, Justin and Conor.

If you want Cerrone losing 4 straight and getting KOd again. Dustin is way ahead of Cowboy. He needs to fight the loser of Hooker/Felder. That’s the perfect match for him.

No. Why would either take that fight? Cowboy should take a break. If anyone deserves one it's him.

Lol absolutely not. Cowboy needs a break Dustin would ko him. He doesn't need 4 ko's in a row

They need to set up Cowboy with a very winnable fight next to reestablish his credibility and make Conor's victory seem more credible. Chance of a Poirier matchup would be between 0 and 0.0 percent.

Poirier is still looking for his confidence in the trash can

It should have been Conor vs Poirier last night if we're being honest.

Why the fuck would Cowboy fight Poirer who is ranked 2nd at LW after 3 TKO losses? LOL

I think Gilespie or Hooker make more sense. Maybe even a Pettis rematch.
Pettis then retirement. Or just retirement.

Pettis then retirement. Or just retirement.

Maybe Cowboy should fight a UFC newcomer? Hes fought a lot of the top15 already.

I think it would be interesting to see oldman Cowboy try to face off against a young and hungry newcomer.

What he really needs to do is take some time off and really think about his future. He's taken a ton of damage in his career and is a family man now, plus he comes from money so he doesn't need to keep doing this to make a living. As far as his next opponent, maybe he could fight Chiesa if he loses to RDA.

Back