Poirier vs Cerrone is the Fight to Make

Cerrone has just been brutally finished by the 2 most recent "top 5" fighters he's faced and was corner stopped by the other top 5 guy he fought a few months before that. He really shouldn't be getting matched against another top ranked opponent.

Pettis at this point. Porier hits hard and would finish Cowboy.

I actually dont wanna see Cowboy fight again. When he gets ran through in there he looks like he doesnt belong.

Why the fuck would Cowboy fight Poirer who is ranked 2nd at LW after 3 TKO losses? LOL

I think Gilespie or Hooker make more sense. Maybe even a Pettis rematch.

I was thinking Pettis.... in Bellator. Part of their old-timer's, guys who were once good, series.

Pettis at this point. Porier hits hard and would finish Cowboy.

I actually dont wanna see Cowboy fight again. When he gets ran through in there he looks like he doesnt belong.

3 TKOs in a row.
Close to 37 years old.
He needs a break and at least think hard about his future.
I dont want to see him go the Chuck and BJ route.

What he really needs to do is take some time off and really think about his future. He's taken a ton of damage in his career and is a family man now, plus he comes from money so he doesn't need to keep doing this to make a living. As far as his next opponent, maybe he could fight Chiesa if he loses to RDA.
I expect RDA to handle Chiesa without much difficulty. But I think he needs a further step down in competition at this point. Maybe someone in the 20-30 range that he would match up well against.
Edit: Magny?

Diego Sanchez vs Cerrone is the fight to make. They could call it the UFC Rockem Sockem robots lol.

Diego Sanchez vs Cerrone is the fight to make. They could call it the UFC Rockem Sockem robots lol.
But Diego is seen as well more shot that Cerrone at this point, so I'm not sure that would accomplish much. Wouldn't mind seeing the fight, though.

I expect RDA to handle Chiesa without much difficulty. But I think he needs a further step down in competition at this point. Maybe someone in the 20-30 range that he would match up well against.
Edit: Magny?

I agree but I can't imagine UFC giving Cowboy a step that far down in competition, they don't really tend to do business that way. They know that Cowboy is almost done and they're gonna squeeze whatever value is left out of his name so they're only gonna match him up with someone that see some upside in. Not that Chiesa is a big star for them or anything but they seem to like him and they've given him similar fights in the past like Diego or Condit. Tbh I just like Chiesa as an opponent for Cowboy because Chiesa isn't a KO artist. Then again I don't know if Donald is gonna stick around at 170 where Chiesa now fights.

Edit: yea Magny could also be a good choice, but again I don't know if Cowboy will be taking fights at 170. Either way I hope he seriously looks at winding his illustrious career down.

Back