• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Poirier trains 6 rounds of wrestling with a new guy every round. Is Khabib DONE?

He needs to work on the cardio and focus on protecting himself from the back. Historically each of Khabib's opponents have had at least one standup round, if Porier preserves his stamina in the later rounds he can stuff the takedowns and KO him. Conor managed to stuff all of those in the third round and was on the verge of exhaustion already, Porier will come much more prepared.

But he's still 100% fucked once it gets to the ground so why drill only wrasling?

He should work more on TDD IMO to keep it standing.

Make that his focus. You're not gonna out wrestle Khabib end of story.

Uh, no. You think Poirier is going to make up 30 years of wrestling in 1 training camp?

<JagsKiddingMe>

giphy.gif

Breaking news: fighter trains hard for title fight.

But he's still 100% fucked once it gets to the ground so why drill only wrasling?

He should work more on TDD IMO to keep it standing.

Make that his focus. You're not gonna out wrestle Khabib end of story.

He need some DIego Sanchez style techniques, go for the oil checks

Why do you think he'll gas? He went 5 hard rounds in the Holloway fight without gassing.

I remember the last 2 round he was gassing and dp was saved by the knee in Holloway face, otherwise Holloway was increasing the rhythm and I don't know what could happen imo

Dustin will be put on his back and mauled..
All this shit is wishful thinking.
<36>
Unless Khabib somehow thinks he's a kickboxer now, that's exactly what will happen

And then, maybe, possibly, with a lot of luck, Tony Ferguson can FINALLY GET HIS FUCKING TITLE SHOT

"These guys rotating in on me, it might be their first round, but it’s my fourth. I’m doing six rounds of grappling or something; they have a guy on the sidelines waiting to jump in at Round 4."

What an animal!

"Khabib can have the other 364 days a year. I just need 25 minutes on Sept. 7. He can have everything else. I just need to be better for 25 minutes, and I’m 100 percent sure I can do that."

Oh my.

"I take lessons from each session. If I make a mistake when I get tired, then I try not to make that same mistake again when I’m in that position."

High IQ mentality

Source:
Poirier, D. (2019, August 08). UFC 242, Dustin's Diaries: Why training camp is tough, family time, understanding Khabib. Retrieved August 8, 2019, from https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...iaries-khabib-nurmagomedov-wrestling-training

Oh yeah, bro, DONE. Like, I mean, literally DONE, like OMG!!!!!1111!!!!one.

Also why does Poirer keep on mentioning the fight's date?

This will be Khabib's toughest fight to date. I'll almost guarantee you that Khabib is doing the exact same type of wrestling training or something very similar.

Lol, as if this is anything special.

TS reminds of that guy Joey Diaz who at one point was saying "I think XYZ will win because he is a black belt in BJJ...I went to BJJ once and almost puked. Do you even know what black belt in BJJ is, bro, bla bla???"

Then after he loses he will say he was overtraining..

DP is really being overlooked in this fight.

He's got a good chance to shock the world.
The dude trains really hard and you can tell he takes it seriously as a job and a fighter. He's putting in real work.

The fact this will be Dustins first time in the Middle East fighting will get to him I think.
The whole occasion will overwhelm him.

None of them are kabib... Does not matter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back