News Poirier / McGregor 3 to be held at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, 100% capacity

Winner?

• Total voters
Wow. His fanboy's are still clinging anonymously via polls eh? 1/3 of you are nuthuggers.

I think Dustin has his number now, Conor will basically fight exactly the same.

Ever since then, there’s been a heavy emphasis on fixing those issues. Training for a high level boxing fight and going 10 rounds even further reinforced the need.
His bout with Floyd is a null argument, Conors training cardio, strength and conditioning for a Boxing bout is entirely different than training cardio, strength & conditioning for a MMA bout, I won't explain differences because if you can't distinguish both sports & fighters and what they have separated between a BOXING bout & MMA bout than you really shouldn't talk about it.

I picked Conor to win by decision in the last fight actually.
And why is that? When has Conor ever shown to be a decision fighter?

I think Nate was the first time he realized his issues with energy management / cardio and you can tell he stopped putting so much energy into all his punches. Which is a big reason why it seems like he has less power as of late.
What do you mean by "you can tell he stopped putting much energy into all his punches." So please elaborate, you're telling he was not trying knock out Alvarez(which he did) Khabib, Cerrone(which he did, & said so himself it was going to be quick night) and Dustin? If you're implying he is more patient and thorough with his punches that is a flat out false analysis of his fighting style, proof is his most recent bouts he pressured until his opponents folded, or Conor pressured until he folded.

You could see against Khabib that he came on strong in the 3rd and still seemed to have plenty of energy in the 4th. Even after being wrestled and taking a hellacious beating
I disagree, aside from the many times Conor cheated to acquire position for defensive purposes, & his alleged "successful" round against Khabib which he in turned did nothing for 4mins while the lesser striker(Khabib) who Conor is the much more polished striker couldn't do NOTHING to him even in his realm. Conor energy & cardio was done after the 2nd, Conor did not
come on strong in the third, at NO POINT did he have Khabib in trouble. The most successful strike during entire bout was from Khabib himself.

People seem to base this whole “Conor is a 7 minute fighter” almost entirely on the Nate fights which is more than a little short sighted.
How is that short sighted as the Nate bout is the only bout he has ever went past the 3rd round or entered championship territory where he was in a sense successful to a degree. There is no evidence, non whatsoever that he can be successful against actual high level fighters in championship rounds. There is literally no proof of that.

Nate is a pressure fighter, he can walk through all your shots and makes you constantly need to move / adjust your stance because you’re continually moving backwards. This will gas you quicker.
You say that, but many fighters has figured out the gameplan and strategy to nullify and beat Nate Diaz.

Floyd picked up on this and essentially did the same thing as a means of draining his gas tank quicker.
Floyd did what he does, Floyd is true energy management fighter, something Conor would never emulate in his lifetime. Floyd stuidied and exploited a clear weakness same as Khabib same as Poiriers calf kicks, same as Nate Diaz exploited the heart of Conor.

Not everyone has the ability to do this. When you can dictate the pace of a fight, it’s a lot more difficult to gas you. It’s unlikely Poirier is able to employ the same level of pressure that someone like Diaz can, he has to fight intelligently and with his safety in mind.
Yea, not everyone has the ability to do what Diaz did, be a punching bag and rely on that 4th & 5th round cardio comeback that(numbers don't lie) Rogan loves to boast about. What did you think Poirier did in this rematch? He fought with a mindset of a MMA FIGHTER not a Boxer that Conor has been mostly relying on in his recent bouts. Poirier has the better proven cardio, toughness, ability to go deep in the championship rounds and over all MMA SKILLS at 155. If you're looking side by side in terms overall skill in all facets of MMA based on the type of won bouts(KO,Sub,Tko) Poirier is miles ahead and proven at 155.

If Conor is able to fight a more tactical, chess match style of fight on the feet then I don’t believe his cardio will have any issues going 5 rounds.
This fight isn't going 5 rounds & if it does it won't be in Conors favor. "Tactical, chess match style of fight." Please enlighten me on what you're saying with this quote, you have said this many times, yet with your alleged high IQ fight analysis you can't explain what he does that says it.

Back