Poatan-Ank. Who wins? And how?

Ank by wrestling but Alex is a killer and five rounds is more than enough for him to find a fight ending blow or sequence

If Ank learned anything from his encounter with Jan Blachowicz, he'll be shooting for take downs long before his leg is torn to shreds. I imagine Ank should be the favorite.

Alex via violence. Ank's fight IQ makes Gurgel look like GSP.

if he takedown he wins but it seems he prefer to strike so dunno

If Ankalaev is favourite for this fight, I might place my first bet of the decade on Pereira.

Doubt it though. Think if nothing else, the hype will see Alex as favourite.

Ank is going to try and strike with Poatan like he did Jan and end up getting put away before he realizes that he is going to lose if he doesn't wrestle like he did in his fight with Jan.
This is how I see it going as well.

Like Ank COULD win the fight, but he just won't. He'll find a way to make it harder for himself.

Pereira shows off his BJJ Black Belt and gets an armbar in the 4th

Pereira. Ankalaev has even said "i can beat Pereira without grappling" and that's how you get ktfo brather, inshallah

was this before the hill incident of 2024...that should be a lesson to the rest of division to work on their grappling because despite majority opinion, hill is an excellent striker, its just poatan's that good.

was this before the hill incident of 2024...that should be a lesson to the rest of division to work on their grappling because despite majority opinion, hill is an excellent striker, its just poatan's that good.

it was during the post fight conference of his win vs Johny Walker. so before. tbf to Hill he was coming off a huge lay off and bad injury and had said before he wouldn't be ready until i guess UFC waved more cash in front of him.

it was during the post fight conference of his win vs Johny Walker. so before. tbf to Hill he was coming off a huge lay off and bad injury and had said before he wouldn't be ready until i guess UFC waved more cash in front of him.
yeah, money talks for sure. respect for him getting in the cage regardless. i don't see it ending much better for him even with more prop, he seemed to stubborn to maintain the striking exchange....even mighty mouse told him, he should wrestle if he really wants to win....

on a side note, its always cool to see accounts older than my literal existance on this site. it must be nice to see how this great sport has evolved over the years live. watching everything on youtube just doesn't have the same aura if that makes sense.

yeah, money talks for sure. respect for him getting in the cage regardless. i don't see it ending much better for him even with more prop, he seemed to stubborn to maintain the striking exchange....even mighty mouse told him, he should wrestle if he really wants to win....

on a side note, its always cool to see accounts older than my literal existance on this site. it must be nice to see how this great sport has evolved over the years live. watching everything on youtube just doesn't have the same aura if that makes sense.

oh yeah, especially for the Pride era, the hype was insane for me personally anyway

Ankalaev is a very good wrestler. Gonna be interesting and will answer lots of questions about Alex if we see that on display, and whether it’s effective against him or not.

Ank via tko ground and pound or sub

Or.... Poatan catches him with a strike

This is how I see it going as well.

Like Ank COULD win the fight, but he just won't. He'll find a way to make it harder for himself.
His fight IQ is super suspect. That's why I wouldn't bet on him to win. Just because someone has the skill set to beat someone on paper doesn't necessarily mean they will do what they need to to win. We've seen it time and time again, guys who have wrestling pedigree's deciding to strike with guys who are better than them at it and losing.

I believe Ank has the advantage but he isn't a high IQ fighter. The game plan should be just to ground Alex for a win. I don't know if Ank will disregard trying the standup though.

You saw what Jan did to his legs. Poatan will chop him up

Tbh despite this being a significant threat to Alex via wrestling, I do believe Ankalaev is gonna get finished. His fight iq plus his stubbornness is just too much of a liability. he seems to believe that he can outstrike anyone in the division, and i don't think he learned his lesson from jan blachovich. in other words, he was getting chopped down in that fight, and it was wrestling late against a 40 year old past his prime blachovich that saved him in that fight.

that's not going to work with pereira. he needs to wrestle from the get-go. and even then, he's gonna be vulnerable if he sacrifices his standup game to dive for takedowns. he didn't even dive for them against blachovich, instead clinching him against the cage to start things off.

i think pereira begins work on ank's legs in round 1, survives a takedown. finishes by tko in round 2.

Alex via calf kick tko.
Or the finishing sequence is actually going to be a knee to the head, right when cryialaev remembers that he is the more experienced wrestler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back