Plyos

BeastoftheEast

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So I just made a sick new medicine ball. I got a an old volleyball. Just like this one,
41BxdAnresL._AA300_.jpg

cut it open, filled it with pebbles from the local jungle gym, and then duct taped the crap out of it. I couldn't take a picture of it, but it pretty much looks like this.
m-balls.jpg

I haven't weighed it yet, but comparing it to a DB it feels a little over 20 lb.s.

Yes I did come here to brag :D, but I would also like some recommendations for a plyo program . Exercises? Rep/set scheme? How many days a week?
I already do throws, backward throws(like a suplex), slams, side throws, and plyos pushups.

As for my lifting program I do the Hepburn program 4 days a week-focusing on Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Weighted Chinup.

Do you mean plyometrics specifically, or just general explosive exercises?

20lbs is pretty heavy. Mabe you`ll need a lighter one too.

General explosive exercises I can do on my off days. I'm also thinking of sprinting more.

I made something very similar not so long ago, three of them actually, and, although it's not the advice you were asking for, here is some on ball construction.

Use a rubber ball, like a basketball, and then buy a tire sealing kit, which is not very expensive at all, and seal the hole closed instead of taping it.

My first one, I made just like yours, worked great, but after about 4 months two things happened. The first was that the tape was frayed to hell, which is not a real problem, just an annoyance. The second was that it had (to my shock) lost about 5lbs of sand!

The other two I have made using the basketball and tire sealer, with no tape, one for me and one for my girlfriend, and they have never needed repair or refilling.

I made something very similar not so long ago, three of them actually, and, although it's not the advice you were asking for, here is some on ball construction.

Use a rubber ball, like a basketball, and then buy a tire sealing kit, which is not very expensive at all, and seal the hole closed instead of taping it.

My first one, I made just like yours, worked great, but after about 4 months two things happened. The first was that the tape was frayed to hell, which is not a real problem, just an annoyance. The second was that it had (to my shock) lost about 5lbs of sand!

The other two I have made using the basketball and tire sealer, with no tape, one for me and one for my girlfriend, and they have never needed repair or refilling.

Just tire sealer? Thats it? Could I get this at Home Depot?

Back