Please stop putting Pride photo thumbs on main page?

Originally posted by hesatool
If he's banned, please don't put it under his name. I don't want his banning spoiled for me.

Do you mean me or Wallid Ishmale?

Originally posted by hesatool
BTW, might I add that the fight happened, LIKE A FUCKING YEAR AGO!!!

Uhm, yeah, so did the incident. But I guess I"m sthe stupid one because I coudln't put those two together... right..:rolleyes:

Originally posted by lsg
You've completely missed the point. The folks here go to great lengths to keep spoilers from appearing on the .com & .net sites until after the event has aired on PPV. By your logic, they should never be allowed to post an event pic on the front page of their website without a disclaimer of sorts? or the member's can't discuss and post pics of an event after it has aired? Ever?

I've got some extra midol here, I can send you some for your obvious PMS symptoms.

Uhm, actually no. You attempt to dictate my logic by means more puerile then that of a school childs. I fail to remember making such points, but we'll just ignore the fact that you insist I have. Sherdog goes through great lengths on its forums, yes, to make sure a fight isn't spoiled untill around the time AFTER the videos reach America. This is sherdog.net. But it seems that some how has slipped your infantile grasp. Sherdog.com however posts results the next day, which is perfectly fine. When I see a tittle saying "PRIDE XX RESULTS" I simply look away, unscaved. When I look and I see a pic of silva, only to then realize he has a belt over his shoulder and (unlike some people here) put two and two together... it bugs me just a little bit. Hey if you want to put a photo? Fine... please make it an in-fight photo? Not revealing the outcome. To Sherdog.com defense I havn't noticed photos from the last two prides that did any spoiling.

And of course someones going to make the point of simply going to sherdog.net. While personally I've found much more spoilers in sherdog.net, I still at leasure would enjoy having the ability to use sherdog.net... especially when I have guests over and introduce them to the wonderful world of MMA via those great sherdog highlights.

If its sherdogs goal to have induviduals under any circumstances come to their site at leasure, especially if they're trying to introduce others to MMA, they could maybe quite possibly make this one simple adjustment. But I guess I'm not really asking to much of sherdog.com, but rather the 3 induviduals who seem to continually check this thread hourly... hell even more then me and I started the thing lol. :rolleyes:

i agree with wallid. sherdog shouldn't post spoiler pics of recent events. Is that so hard to understand? Im sure it was a mistake.

You guys are completely missing the point.

Once the event airs in north america it is fair game. Sherdog is in the business of reporting MMA news and information. They're not going to wait until a month later to post the results. They should be able to put whatever pics they want on the main page after the event airs because that's what they do.

If you don't want to know the results of the match from the night before, don't go to the main page the next day.

Your suggestion is utterly ridiculous.

It's like asking your local newspapers sports section not to post the results of last night's game.

It's an MMA news and information site. They post the most up-to-date news they have.

Originally posted by cybercoma
You guys are completely missing the point.

Once the event airs in north america it is fair game. Sherdog is in the business of reporting MMA news and information. They're not going to wait until a month later to post the results. They should be able to put whatever pics they want on the main page after the event airs because that's what they do.

If you don't want to know the results of the match from the night before, don't go to the main page the next day.

Your suggestion is utterly ridiculous.

It's like asking your local newspapers sports section not to post the results of last night's game.

It's an MMA news and information site. They post the most up-to-date news they have.

Ok, fine, i'm going to break this down even further...

You suggest that my request is "utterly ridiculous". You exemplify by stating that a local news paper would post results.

Now, please point out where I said sherdog shoudln't post results?

Now that we've taken the a b c steps to realizing I'm not utterly ridiculous, I'll re-state my point a bit more clearly.

By all means, post results. I'd love nothing more then to go to sherdog.com and see PRIDE 26 RESULTS, a text link with a huge font. Sure, click teh link and see every photo from teh event. Thats absolutly wonderful. I simply request that photos which ultimetly spoil a card, do not be posted beneath the "PRIDE 26 RESULTS" text link. If anything thats less work for sherdog...

I find it intresting how people imidietly asociate "Stop... photo... results... main page..." with me somehow wanting Sherdog to never post results. Wow I must be speaking another language... or...

People need to start reading posts before they make swiss cheese responses, and get rid of this bandwagin mob mentality... but then again socilization is a bitch... just depends on which side of the mob your on ;)

I got a hankerin for biscuts and mustard.

Originally posted by Wallid Ishmale
A week before I got a hold of the Saku vs Silva rematch, I went to your page and the first thing that showed up was Silva, smiling with the belt. Well guess who wont hat fight :( Truth was I was comming to visit the strength forum. Today I noticed you put up some other pride pics...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been annoyed by this bahavior.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13

Put this link in your Favorites, or make a shortcut to it from your desktop...never again will you have to accidentally view the pictures from a 2 year old fight when all you want to do is learn how to lift a dumbbell. (ps this works for every other forum)

Originally posted by magicmycote
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13

Put this link in your Favorites, or make a shortcut to it from your desktop...never again will you have to accidentally view the pictures from a 2 year old fight when all you want to do is learn how to lift a dumbbell. (ps this works for every other forum)

Uhm, this incident occured quite some time ago, not recently. Also, sherdog.com is quit versatile, but you seem so keen on condensing the material to post fight results. A top that, I'm guessing you were upset when you made the comment "all you want to do is lift dumbells".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back