Please Critique program (S&C)

H

hudday48

Wednesday Rest

Thurs Strength Workout
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Friday Grip work (complex) or pinch plates then The interval challenge (Ross Enamait) (two to choose from)

Sat The Magic 50 or Cindy 20 minutes of 5 pullups 10 pushups 15 squats for max rounds

Sun Strength Workout
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
5x3 Power cleans

Monday Grip work (gi or towel pullups) 3x15 (or failure) then Karen 150 wall ball for time or Nancy 400 meter run Overhead squat 95 lbs x 15 5 rounds for time

Tuesday Swim 500m or row 2000m or
Fight Gone Bad 3 rounds of with 1 minute breaks in between
1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
4. Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
5. Row: calories (Calories)

In addition there is sparring and skill work on Monday-Sat (BJJ)

I'm not this creative I borrowed most of it from Urban, Rippetoe, Crossfit and Ross.
Please be critical because this is my first attempt to create a program.

I didn't include the warmup on the strength days those are 3 Worksets, 5 Warm-Up Sets for the squat, bench, press, and powerclean. 1 Workset, 4 Warm-Ups Sets for the deadlift.

I had way too much caffeine tonight. Yikes looking at this I'm getting a little intimidated.

It is nice and simple. I like it.

Not the way I would do it, but I have seen far worse. What is your experiance level?

The only thing I might suggest is to limit the volume on the deadlift. If you are deadlifting heavy on your strength day, then I probably would pick something else for conditioning (ie., don't do the Diane).

You will need to play with the volume and loading and get it fine tuned but it should work.

I like it. Only thing I dont really like is doing all those deadlifts before your heavy lifting day.

One thing I would suggest is moving the deadlift and Cleans to before the pressing exercises, and possibly before the squats.

One thing I would suggest is moving the deadlift and Cleans to before the pressing exercises, and possibly before the squats.

I took this from Rippetoe's starting strength so I'm hesitant to change the order without trying it first. Maybe after a couple of weeks I'll switch it around.

Everyone seems unanimous that Diane is a bad idea so I'm going to substitute that with either the Magic 50 or the 100 burpee challenge.

You might need to throw in another rest day, like before the second strength day. Don't get locked into a weekly schedule. Your body doesn't know about weeks, and it looks like your schedule is pretty flexible. I train on a 9 day cycle. Strength A, conditioning A, rest, strength B, conditioning B, rest, strength C, conditioning C, rest, repeat. I'm not saying to do it right away, I'm just saying be prepared in case you need to and don't think you have to keep everying locked into a 7 day week.

Back