please correct shitty grappling techniques (video)

Your elbow should be facing out, in the middle of his body. That will ensure that the sides of your forearm and bicept cut off the blood on each side of the brain.

i think playing around and training with your buddies is ok, if you take it a little more seriously than just immitating the ufc.

i train at a gym, but since that's not enough some of us train seperately on our own. we do alot of drilling of the basic subs and some sparring. you just can't go wrong with hundreds of rnc / armbar / triangle / kimura drills. ofcourse, we watch out to do them correctly rather than just doing some half ass shit.

also, instructionals are a great thing to watch from time to time.

if you're just gonna fuck around, dont post it on the internet. if you lose the mask thingie and take it a bit seriously, the forum will give you many useful tips and tricks.

I couldn't see the videos for some reason. Anyhow, here's some general tips. Don't play around with submissions just for fun. Someone could get seriously hurt. Pick up some instructional DVD's and/or books. Your college library should carry some books on BJJ, or at least judo. If you've got a friend/classmate who is serious about learning, split the cost of the instructionals and train together. Since you don't have time/money/etc to attend a school, see if you can find someone on campus that rolls. Most people are always looking for someone to roll with, and you can probably pick up pointers from them. Getting tips like this off the net, for someone who doesn't really care much for training (ie, minimal effort) is really not a good move. A little knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge at all.

randomg1t said:
if you're just gonna fuck around, dont post it on the internet.

actually i have improved a lot by doing this before. I posted on the internet, got dissed a lot, but received some useful tips and in the end i became slightly beter and i didnt pay anything.

one problem with me training is that I have too much schoolwork to do anything other than study, and my friends generally only want to wrestle once in a while. I dont like the UFC enough to switch friends, thats wtf. I enjoy hanging around with my friends, and doing stupid shit. it'll be fucked up if i started hanging around grapplers and stuff.

If you can take time out your oh so busy school work to video tape yourself blindfolded with your friends then you can go to a fucking academy or club.

It's not like you have to grapple 10 times a week, even if you just went once a week you'll improve a lot. And there's no rule that says you have to switch friends once you start grappling.

If you can take time out your oh so busy school work to video tape yourself blindfolded with your friends then you can go to a fucking academy or club.

This is during vacation. and we werent there just for the wrestling. we were just hanging out at the park, and we happened to have blindfolds and digital cameras and we thought it might be fun

It's not like you have to grapple 10 times a week, even if you just went once a week you'll improve a lot. And there's no rule that says you have to switch friends once you start grappling.

during the school year, i have no time to do anything other than sleep eat and study. i am a fucking nerd and i am a fucking nerd because i care for my future. during vacation, i have no time to do shit like go to an academy. Because my friends and i dont see each other often except for vacation, so we hang out a lot.

than continue your blindfolded grappling and use your school intelligence to talk your way out of a potential situation

Can't believe some of you are actually giving this kid advice...

Guess I should join in too then.

You are a dumb emo kid with no training nor education about what you are doing. Stop now before you hurt yourself or your friends. You kids are fools for putting each other in chokes and armbars, you could KILL each other with your ignorance of what you are doing. If you hurt each other, don't you dare blame this on submission grappling or BJJ.

if chokes and armbars can kill people, why don't people in MMA attempt to kill each other?

many mma fights appear to be trachea chokes, eg yoshida vs tamura, fedor vs fujita, lyoto vs. mcdonald, and many guillotine chokes.

how come they don't die from it?

Nr9 said:
if chokes and armbars can kill people, why don't people in MMA attempt to kill each other?

many mma fights appear to be trachea chokes, eg yoshida vs tamura, fedor vs fujita, lyoto vs. mcdonald, and many guillotine chokes.

Because THEY ARE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS. THEY ARE NOT STUPID EMO KIDS WITH BLINDFOLDS ON.

Nr9 said:

Training, thats how. Didn't watch the video but got the jist from everyone else.

In my opinion you shouldn't screw around with it if you dont know it. Pressure in the wrong place or too long can seriously hurt someone. If you and your buddies just want to wrestle than wrestle and try to pin each other.

Nr9 said:

TheVandalz has it right. They actually know what they are doing, how to properly apply the techniques, what is appropriate force and on top of all of that, they haver medical staff at ring side to check fighters between rounds and a referee to stop the action as soon as they see a tap or feel that one person is not defending themselves.

You and your friends on the other and don't know what you are doing, blindfold yourselves "for fun", are likely to get to be a lot more agressive and less controlled than pro fighters and do not have anyone with medical training around to take care of you in case one of you does get hurt.

If you are in uni I have to wonder how low their standards are You clearly lack basic logic application skills and common sense as you are asking such redundant questions.

" I enjoy hanging around with my friends, and doing stupid shit. it'll be fucked up if i started hanging around grapplers and stuff."

You are a "nerd" who doesn't have time to study martial arts but can find time to "enjoy doing stupid shit". You want to improve at grappling but don't want to learn from training or rolling with other grapplers, only ask them questions on internet forums. Considering you admit to being "dissed" for this before, I'm surprised you didn't learn from that incident.

Seriously, if you want to playfight with your buddies, go ahead, but don't post clips around here asking for tips when you go on to repeatedly note how you don't actually have time time or the motivation to improve, thus rendering anyone's advice useless. It's a waste of everyone's time. Next time just post this up in P&M or on Subfighter so we can laugh at it instead.

Seriously, if you want to playfight with your buddies, go ahead, but don't post clips around here asking for tips when you go on to repeatedly note how you don't actually have time time or the motivation to improve, thus rendering anyone's advice useless. It's a waste of everyone's time. Next time just post this up in P&M or on Subfighter so we can laugh at it instead.
Now that was well said.

what i am saying is that pro fighters do "dangerous techniques" such as trachea chokes all the time, and no one dies. also, i fail to see how an armbar can kill someone.

i do stupid shit during vacation doesn't mean i have time to do anything during the school year.

i got dissed b4 but i dont consider it bad, because i actually learned some useful tips last time.

besides, I will not train because I heard that training accelerates hair loss.

Nr9 said:

The fact that they have trained medical staff on hand may have a little to do with it.

Nr9 said:
hi, i like to wrestle with my friends during winter and summer vacation, but i have never been to a school or have a coach or anything, so i don't know if I have correct technique. moreover i only wrestle like once every 6 months, so it is very hard for me to improve. also, the people who i wrestle with cannot beat me, so i wonder if you guys can help me improve and correct some technique.

here are the latest videos i have:

http://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~danielc/mankitblindfold.mov

http://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~danielc/benbryblindfold.mov

I am the guy with the blindfold on. Particularly, in the second video, I had a hard time taking my friend down when he grabbed my hands. Also, my friend swept me really easily when I tried to mount him. How do I prevent that? also, my friends ask me how to improve their technique, but i don't really know whats wrong. So if anyone can, tell me what they did wrong, and how to fix it.

kill yourself :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

besides, I will not train because I heard that training accelerates hair loss.
I thought this might be a troll, but now I'm sure. Go back to fightsport dick.

Back