please correct shitty grappling techniques (video)

N

Nr9

hi, i like to wrestle with my friends during winter and summer vacation, but i have never been to a school or have a coach or anything, so i don't know if I have correct technique. moreover i only wrestle like once every 6 months, so it is very hard for me to improve. also, the people who i wrestle with cannot beat me, so i wonder if you guys can help me improve and correct some technique.

hahahaha thats the stupidest shit ive ever seen.. bro dont even name that any kind of grappling.. take your ass to a BJJ academy cause that is worthless a 12 year old who pounds a soda will fuck you up. try not wearing a blind fold, and maybe none of your friends can beat you because all of you look like girls?? keep up that 1 a six months training youll be on the ultimate fighter in no time

heh im not training, im just lookin for it as a recreational advice. i have no time to train and it will not help me in the future in any way. training is a very bad investment for me

i just want to improve using minimal effort. the reason im wearing a blind fold, is because otherwise they won't want to play. can u give some specific advice on mistakes i made?

Well, you won by omoplata. That's... not terrible. Given you're just having some fun, I would venture that your path to glory will be accomplished by watching some Matt Hughes and Randy Couture fights. Then you shall reign supreme over all but the most drunken and aggressive of teenage mattress grapplers.

my career goals are not related to fighting

it is useless and expensive for me to pursue real fight training. i am not asking for you guys to evaluate my fighting, but rather to tell me specific mistakes i made and how to fix them. if i had money and time, i wouldnt post online like this, i would go to a bjj school and learn from a teacher.

i understand how sometimes for a grappler to look at a non-grappler grapple, it seems like everything is wrong, and there is no fix for it. its the same in any sport.. but there is always a mistake that stands out the most.. and i would appreciate if some of you can give me some tips

There must be some place around where you can train seriously without paying a lot of money. It does not have to be MMA; you can look for university BJJ clubs, judo, wrestling, sub grappling, anything.

If you don't train anywhere else, it will be very hard for you to improve. It's not that you completely suck or anything. You seem to grasp some basic concepts, but you just can't improve on those types of training partners. They were not taking it seriously at all. Honestly, they are huge pussies.

I admire the fact that you're making some kind of effort to improve. I also admire the fact that you had the balls to post a video of your own grappling on a forum like this. But the best advice I can give you is try to find SOMEWHERE to train seriously. Trust me on this one.

if my university had any bjj or sub wrestling club i would go. howerver it is one of the few universities with no such club at all (that i know of).

what is the purpose of this forum if everyone is expected to go train somewhere? if people train they could just ask their coaches. isnt this forum for people who dont know grappling, and look at it as just something to have fun with?

Nr9 said:
if my university had any bjj or sub wrestling club i would go. howerver it is one of the few universities with no such club at all (that i know of).

what is the purpose of this forum if everyone is expected to go train somewhere? if people train they could just ask their coaches. isnt this forum for people who dont know grappling, and look at it as just something to have fun with?

i assume you're from berkeley...if you are, then i know there's a MMA gym somewhere closeby... it's on university, closer to the freeway. It's called combat somethingarather academy i forget the name...google it up.

Nr9 said:

Please note that the Stand Up Technique, Training Logs, Grappling Technique, Conditioning, Strength and Power, Dieting and Supplement and Gear and Equipment forums fall under the TRAINING DISCUSSION section of the forum. This means the purpose of these forums is to facilitate the discussion of matters related to training experiences rather than blindfolded grabass between you and your buddies after a watching a couple of Spike TV specials.

the grappling section says "You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here."

i doubt people who train don't know a heel hook from a toe hold

Nr9 said:

Do you take the Diet and Supplement forum header completely seriously as well?

Grappling when you don't have much of an understanding of what to do is inviting trouble. Your mentality is not particularly enlightened if you view grappling as something "to have fun with" considering the possibility of broken joints, crushed wind pipes and other injuries. Swollen or broken body parts are not fun and if you aren't training with the proper space, equipment and restraint they are going to happen.

If you have no desire to actually learn from someone properly qualified to train you, I suggest you take up another activity for fun, such as swimming or basketball where such injuries are less likely to occur to you or your buddies. Otherwise the next thing we know the UFC could have a shit load of negative press because one of your buddies got fucked up while you were "having fun" much like all those teenage backyard wrestling deaths over the years.

Well, fucking around with your friends is something I

Im downloading Quicktime just to see that.

Nr9 said:
my career goals are not related to fighting

it is useless and expensive for me to pursue real fight training. i am not asking for you guys to evaluate my fighting, but rather to tell me specific mistakes i made and how to fix them.

It is hard to evalute some guy with a blindfold fucking around with friends, who obviously suck. It was like watching 2 retards trying to fuck a doorknob.

I will give it a go.

In the first vid, watch the RNC. It is supposed to be a blood choke, not a trachea choke. You could seriously hurt someone if you fuck it up.

Second video, at 1:30, the "sex position", it seems you already had his right arm secure. Put your right instep in his crotch, or under his left thigh, and sweep him. You would have had mount at that point.

what the hell?

1) loose the blind fold
2) if you don't wanna train get some beginners no gi submission wrestling instructional video it will cost you $30 but may save about 10gs in hospital expenses when you break something by doing a move wrong

i can see a ton of things you did wrong but its impossible to explain to someone whos never grappled before how to do them right on a forum

VoLTesV said:
i assume you're from berkeley...if you are, then i know there's a MMA gym somewhere closeby... it's on university, closer to the freeway. It's called combat somethingarather academy i forget the name...google it up.
Ralph Gracie also has a new academy in Berkeley.

b0b thanks for the first post that contained what I was looking for.

b0b said:
In the first vid, watch the RNC. It is supposed to be a blood choke, not a trachea choke. You could seriously hurt someone if you fuck it up.

is the difference jsut using the inside of the elbow vs. the wrist bone to choke? or is it more complicated than that? i'm pretty sure i tried the inside of the elbow here, but maybe his chin sticking downwards made it difficult. how do i get a real blood choke in here. is there a good website for RNC from the back control

Second video, at 1:30, the "sex position", it seems you already had his right arm secure. Put your right instep in his crotch, or under his left thigh, and sweep him. You would have had mount at that point.

actually his right arm was headlocking my head. i was afraid if i tried to sweep him, he would pull guard and get me in a guillotine. In this case, is sweeping still the right thing to do?

flibb said:
Im downloading Quicktime just to see that.
this h.264 shit is unbelievable quality at 256 kbits/sec isn't it.

Nr9 said:
is the difference jsut using the inside of the elbow vs. the wrist bone to choke? or is it more complicated than that? i'm pretty sure i tried the inside of the elbow here, but maybe his chin sticking downwards made it difficult. how do i get a real blood choke in here. is there a good website for RNC from the back control.

In laymans terms, use your elbow as the fulcrum as the choke.
You want to apply pressure to the sides of the neck - the cataroid artery - for it to be a blood choke. You can use your wrist bone as a blade against their neck, but that has the danger of collapsing the trachea, and killing your friend.
Blood choke
Air choke

actually his right arm was headlocking my head. i was afraid if i tried to sweep him, he would pull guard and get me in a guillotine. In this case, is sweeping still the right thing to do?

Do your friends know as much about submission grappling as you do? I doubt they'd know what to do in that situation.

Just go off and have fun. Get in positions that you aren't very good at and try to work new techniques on them. I do the same thing with a few of my friends. I may take a video of me working with them sometime.
Try to find a place to train, and if you can't afford it - hit up the open gym classes.

Back