Platinum Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves at UFC 215 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
This could be a bad matchup for Platinum. Thiago is a dynamic striker, wouldn't be surprised if he picks Perry apart. That being said, I'm pulling for Perry, but don't like the matchup.

My money would be on Perry.

Platinum about to retire at a young age. Alves is sending him to the nursing home.

Damn so he won't make it to his fight that's taking place on 215? Tragedy.

Lol, got scared for a split of second.

Not the best kind of thread title.

I'm an Alves fan but he is going to dieded at the black belt hands of Mike Perry...

<{danawhoah}>

<{JustBleed}>

I'm hoping to see some growth from PMP and shoot for a takedown. Would never see it coming.

Ducking Raging Al for the easier past-prime opponent.

This ones gunna look like a horror movie

V0hFjYw.jpg

Haven't seen Alves' recent fights but just going off his past performances I've gotta go with him
Just got through putting a clinic on Patrick Côte not to long ago but for the first time I favor Perry.

He must have kissed enough ass to get what he wanted and avoid the ass whooping Al was going to put on him

Much as I like Thiago Alves, it's been a while since he has looked halfway decent.
He only looked ok against a way past it Patrick Cote
Even his previous win against Jordan Mein I'm sure he was getting lit up before getting the tko, and that was 2 1/2 years ago

I don't like the fight, if Perry is everything he is being hyped as he should be fighting way younger guys, not almost done guys

6zeve8L.gif

Perry by 2nd round ko after a fucking war. Both guys will bring it

I see the fight looking like this:

<{JustBleed}>

This fight will go a lot like Cerrone vs Masvidal.
Alves will get a few leg kicks in, a few glancing blows, and then get fucking floored in the first.
Perry will finish the job in the second.

This fight will go a lot like Cerrone vs Masvidal.
Alves will get a few leg kicks in, a few glancing blows, and then get fucking floored in the first.
Perry will finish the job in the second.
Perry is nowhere as calculated and technical as Masvidal. He also doesn't have the speed or ability to stick to a game plan (as seen in the Jouban fight). Masvidal... is much better than Perry.

Bad fight for Perry. I think Alves will chop away at his legs and knock him down once or twice like he did to Cote. Alves has much cleaner and sharper technique; and also a lot faster and fluid too.

Back