• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plantar fasciitis

• Thread starter Deleted member 409801
  • Start date
I think Dominick Cruz had that recently

He actually had it when he fought Cody. It makes sense if you go back and watch the fight you will see the lack of movement from Dom.

He actually had it when he fought Cody. It makes sense if you go back and watch the fight you will see the lack of movement from Dom.

Didn't he have it for TJ too though? I could be wrong about that.

I have dealt with it. It sucks. No easy fix really. Lots of stretching is a must also I got insoles for my shoes that really helped

I have dealt with it. It sucks. No easy fix really. Lots of stretching is a must also I got insoles for my shoes that really helped

Damn right it sucks! I haven't tried the rolling it with a frozen golf ball trick yet , only a water bottle. I'm gonna give that a shot next.

Do you work a desk job? Try bringing in a tennis ball and rolling your foot on it periodically while at work.

Do you work a desk job? Try bringing in a tennis ball and rolling your foot on it periodically while at work.

No desk job , but I do have plenty of opportunity to roll it. I probably haven't been as aggressive with getting it gone as I obviously need to. I'm sure my continued running isn't helping either . I wonder if I'd almost be better off just staying off it and swimming / riding for the next 2 weeks instead of running. Not having the foot issue might be worth losing a bit of fitness.

Anybody ever deal with this annoying problem ? I've managed to make it through training for and running multiple marathons , 100 mile hikes ECT ECT in the past with no foot issues.

About 6 months ago , I decided to get back on a regular running regimen , and holy shit , I guess my foot couldn't take the stress of schlepping an extra 20 lbs of tub over my historic " fit " weight ( I was 220 lb 6 months ago , back to slightly over 200 now ). I've tried the night boot , stretching it , ice , resting for a week , I even resorted to a steroid shot a few weeks ago because I've got a long hike coming up an figured itd be impossible to do with the way it was. Shot was great at alleviating the pain , but its not a " cure " and just temporarily reduces the inflammation , its slowly coming back despite my efforts at rehab.

Anyone have any useful advice to help get over this condition?

you prob won't do this
but it's your best remedy

buy an insole
cut a small hole just under the bit on your heel that hurts
kinda like a donut
it'll take the pressure off

report back here with the result

you prob won't do this
but it's your best remedy

buy an insole
cut a small hole just under the bit on your heel that hurts
kinda like a donut
it'll take the pressure off

report back here with the result

Yeah , I don't know about walking 40+ miles with 2 different insoles , seems like it might be a recipe for a bigger problem with the cumulative punishment that's involved with that. Might be something worth trying as a last resort. Thanks !

Yeah , I don't know about walking 40+ miles with 2 different insoles , seems like it might be a recipe for a bigger problem with the cumulative punishment that's involved with that. Might be something worth trying as a last resort. Thanks !

told you that you wouldn't listen
your loss

No desk job , but I do have plenty of opportunity to roll it. I probably haven't been as aggressive with getting it gone as I obviously need to. I'm sure my continued running isn't helping either . I wonder if I'd almost be better off just staying off it and swimming / riding for the next 2 weeks instead of running. Not having the foot issue might be worth losing a bit of fitness.

You should play golf for those 2 weeks.

told you that you wouldn't listen
your loss

Sure Doc , and when my IT band is in imflammed and I'm 80% hobbled instead of 15 afterwards who do I sent the fruit basket to?

Care of Anon Sherdog wanker ?

Sure Doc , and when my IT band is in imflammed and I'm 80% hobbled instead of 15 afterwards who do I sent the fruit basket to?

Care of Anon Sherdog wanker ?

it's your life bro
don't ask for help then get pissy when you get advice you don't like

You should play golf for those 2 weeks.

Ha.....maybe I will
it's your life bro
don't ask for help then get pissy when you get advice you don't like

From where I'm sitting , in not the one that got " pissy " . I thanked you for your suggestion , does a " pissy " person do that?

Thanks again for your suggestion Susan , please don't be upset if I'd like to try something else.....mmmmkay?

Ha.....maybe I will

From where I'm sitting , in not the one that got " pissy " . I thanked you for your suggestion , does a " pissy " person do that?

Thanks again for your suggestion Susan , please don't be upset if I'd like to try something else.....mmmmkay?
hope you get better soon

81FPFVPyFLL._AC_UL130_.jpg

Use one of these to stay off your foot.

It seems that nobody really knows the root cause or what works to cure it. They even differ on what to call it as it isn't actually an inflammation as the suffix itis would indicate. I found this article by a massage therapist who suffers from it and has tried many cures but you have to purchase it to read the entire article.
https://www.painscience.com/tutorials/plantar-fasciitis.php

Back