Plantar facitius

buffpants22

Be a Hero
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone else deal with this? So i have sporadic gout and this last bout had me in a wheelchair for almost 2 weeks. I do alot of cardio treadmill, elliptical, bike. When the main flare was over i still had a stretchy pain in my bottom foot and heel. Doctor says I have PF and to stop the treadmill entirely which is fine the bike works.
I cant do legs either any standing (putting weight on my foot is unbearable) so squats / legpress all out the window.
Im doing the stretches and toe seperations it kinda helps but any work arounds or helpful solutions?

I had this a few years ago (12 or so, along with ITB about 5 years before that).
You can use golf balls, or I used a bottle of water that had been frozen and stood on it while moving around once a day for a while, along with a lot of stretching.
Then I looked at my running style and made changes (I started doing barefoot running which hurt...A LOT until I got used to it).

Edit; no work arounds. .Just time and persistence.

I had this a few times from jump rope on concrete floor and running a lot in Thailand. You should look at your everyday footwear first. Make sure it isn't beat up and stay away from flip flops. It's a slow recovery overuse injury. It goes away with time and stretching prevents it. IMO there wasn't any quick fixes for it. I tried so many massages and other recovery modalities but time was the best one. Trying to work through it made it so much worse.

I used a softball or an old thai linament bottle back then I would roll my feet on it. Recently I bought a cheesy looking accumobility ball. It doesn't roll and it is really hard. I would step on it when I am using the computer and it helps upkeep for my feet. You also gotta figure what causes the flare up in the future. Mine was kicking pads if the person holds up the pads wide like upside down V. It causes my foot to hyperextend since it catches all of the pad instead of mainly the shins and ankles.

You had me at science drugs.

To recover from the injury you can do all the typical things like RICE(acronym) but if you're a little braver and don't mind needles, you can try a couple peptides which can significantly speed up recovery. Subcutaneous injections are easy and largely painless(once you master the simple technique). There's plenty of youtube videos to help you out. The biggest and safest peptide by far is BPC157(it helps with bones, ligaments and tendons---tendinitis/inflammation/fractures/partial tears/etc). It also has pills but they are largely ineffective for musculoskeletal issues. You can still give them a try(especially with transdermal approach).

https://pharmalabglobal.com/

One of the best deals for BPC157 vials. I got mine for about 300$ of 10 vials 10mg each.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124989463741?hash=item1d19f3dcbd:g:V7UAAOSwBsVia6Bv

As far as pills go this is by far the best deal in terms of price and quantity(and it's also a reputable peptide vendor[whatever that even means]). However an even better way to use them would be to use dermaroller, DMSO gel, and these capsules(if you can pour out its contents or grind them up). BPC157 is too big of a peptide to be taken transdermally however if you use a dermaroller with DMSO, that may do the trick of getting BPC into your body.

Another peptide that works in conjunction with BPC157 is TB500/TB4. It helps more with muscle/soft type injuries.The nice side effect of this peptide is that your muscles recover noticeably faster after strength workouts.

At about 100kg, I needed 1mg per day of each to kick a 9 month crippling tendinitis issue in my elbow. It also helped with a decade old groin pull injury and 2 decade old ankle sprain. At this point I have probably went through several hundred mgs of BPC and many others. I needed a couple weeks to get my injury under control. Also whenever my tendinitis flares up, a few days to week of BPC knocks it out quickly.

If you decide to start, start low, test of tolerance/allergies/etc(some people do report side effects). So subcutaneous injections would be 100-200mcg to start of BPC for example. See how you react to it and then take it accordingly. If you get stimulated by it then take it in the morning. If like me you get tired on it then take it before sleep however I have taken in the morning and it's not too bad either way.

And if you want to try some others down the road peptides like GHK-Cu, CJC1295, Ipamorelin etc are worth a look.

I am into injury recovery and life extension/improvement.

https://ebac-water.com/

They sell cheapest BAC water for reconstitution.

You can get 1ML 29-31 gauge subc syringes/needles on Amazon for 20-25$. Mixing needles are optional as you can use one subc syringes to mix. 2-3 ML of BAC water is typical for reconstitution.

------------

Aside from peptides, I would highly recommend getting and maintaining a good pair of shoes/sneakers. Make sure your insoles are good(proper for your specific needs such under/over pronation). If possible swap out insoles in timely manner. If you do a lot of cardio then you need to change your shoes more often.

I had this a few years ago (12 or so, along with ITB about 5 years before that).
You can use golf balls, or I used a bottle of water that had been frozen and stood on it while moving around once a day for a while, along with a lot of stretching.
Then I looked at my running style and made changes (I started doing barefoot running which hurt...A LOT until I got used to it).

Edit; no work arounds. .Just time and persistence.
I second all of this. Barefoot shoes all day now and have for years. No return of pf since. Just saw a podiatrist for possible gout (had one flare a year ago and never since but also dramatic change in lifestyle) and went over all of this with him. He recommended that I stick with this style of shoe but could add some slight padding for walking on concrete all day. The altra escalante was his recommendation. I am buying a pair soon to try but have been happy with Merrel trail runners

Yup. Plantar fasciitis is basically your foot muscles around the arch atrophying. You need to strengthen your feet just like your would your hands. Grab the ground with your feet and try to make your arches work. Use your toes to grab stuff hard and release and repeat

This worked for me. $10 little paperback - The 5-Minute Plantar Fasciitis Solution

Anyone else deal with this? So i have sporadic gout and this last bout had me in a wheelchair for almost 2 weeks. I do alot of cardio treadmill, elliptical, bike. When the main flare was over i still had a stretchy pain in my bottom foot and heel. Doctor says I have PF and to stop the treadmill entirely which is fine the bike works.
I cant do legs either any standing (putting weight on my foot is unbearable) so squats / legpress all out the window.
Im doing the stretches and toe seperations it kinda helps but any work arounds or helpful solutions?
Roll your feet on pvc pipes
stretch calves
train tibialis anterior with bands
Use a more flexible running shoe rather than a stiff soled shoe

I second all of this. Barefoot shoes all day now and have for years. No return of pf since. Just saw a podiatrist for possible gout (had one flare a year ago and never since but also dramatic change in lifestyle) and went over all of this with him. He recommended that I stick with this style of shoe but could add some slight padding for walking on concrete all day. The altra escalante was his recommendation. I am buying a pair soon to try but have been happy with Merrel trail runners
Recently bought alta escalante shoes to have some padding but still zero drop and wide foot for running concrete halls. Works great for flat walking but stairs I don’t like. Merrel trail runners are just the shit. Pediatrist said to try these though

Back