Plant Va. Benavidez next year?

I don't know how to dumb this down even further for you. When PPV numbers are quoted they are always domestic, unless specified otherwise. So when they compared Canelo's career PPV numbers they are all domestic, which means stop talking about global.

Your whole argument was that Bivol was more popular in north america than Benavidez and now you concede Plant was more popular because he is American? lol gg. Benavidez is even more popular than Plant, miles more so that tells you all you need to know about what a ppv with canelo would do.

Bivol did not emerge as some big star. The world saw a boring generic east euro fighter win a boring decision. Even less motivation to pay and see him again once they have seen him already.
No. You denied that there was even such a thing as global PPV buys. You have no idea what you're talking about as usual. The only thing you're right about is that most quoted PPV buys are given as domestic/regional figures and not global. However, that's not always the case. It depends on who is publishing those figures in the first place. No, I said that Plant was more popular than Bivol before Bivol beat Canelo just by being American and fighting on a major network like Showtime (which means conventional PPV buys and not just digital/iPPV distribution). Every distributor has channels and DAZN just had their first ever PPV offering with Canelo vs Bivol. All of the desired markets weren't even available yet to tap into. Their reach was severely limited to most of North America. Again, it didn't even air live in all of Latin America and that's where Canelo is from. Mexico being part of Latin America.

Your boy isn't a PPV fighter. He's never even been featured on the platform because he's not on that level. Ever since Bivol beat Canelo he's received orders of magnitude more exposure and that's internationally. You can't even compare the pre-Canelo version of Bivol to the current version. You don't think a single win can change whether a fighter is a draw or not? When Floyd beat Oscar that's what happened. His drawing power grew a great deal. That's the fight that turned him into a true PPV star. Many more people tuned in to watch him whether they wanted him to win or lose. Interest is interest and Bivol's profile has been elevated a lot since beating Canelo. That's how it works. He now has star power where he didn't at all before.

Bet me your account that Canelo will sell better with Benavidez than he will in a Bivol rematch. You won't because deep down you know Benavidez isn't shit. Nobody gives a shit about him. The guy doesn't even have a half million Google search results ffs. His name only produced less than 350k. Bivol's name produced over 5 million. Do the math. Benavidez isn't even a speck on the map. He's a nobody.

Damn what? Of course he had a spike in popularity when he fought the most famous boxer in the world lol. Does not change the fact he is a boring fighter and not a draw. The PPV was awful with Canelo and the rematch will be worse.

You would have to have rocks in your head to think a Bivol canelo rematch does the same numbers as benavidez canelo. Go on youtube and see what name keeps getting mentioned to fight Canelo, and I will give you a hint its not Bivol. This forum is just a huge Canelo bubble. Not one single person criticizes him ever for anything even when hes going to fight a cherry pick tune up next fight after saying for 2 years Benavidez had not earned the fight.

I dont think either Bivol or Benavidez do as well as a Charlo fight in terms of PPV sales. Neither Bivol or Benavidez are much of a draw (today)

Biggest fight of Benavidez fraudulent career. Hope it happens.

Plant will need to box his ass off to not get walked down here. He cant trade with him that is certain.
fraud or not, I'm excited to see, need it resolved, especially with benavidez wanting red panty night

When PPV numbers are quoted they are always domestic, unless specified otherwise

No. You denied that there was even such a thing as global PPV buys.

Lying again as usual.

The only thing you're right about is that most quoted PPV buys are given as domestic/regional figures and not global.

Which is the whole point of this debate until you tried to include world wide.

No, I said that Plant was more popular than Bivol before Bivol beat Canelo just by being American and fighting on a major network like Showtime (which means conventional PPV buys and not just digital/iPPV distribution). Every distributor has channels and DAZN just had their first ever PPV offering with Canelo vs Bivol. All of the desired markets weren't even available yet to tap into. Their reach was severely limited to most of North America. Again, it didn't even air live in all of Latin America and that's where Canelo is from. Mexico being part of Latin America

Since we were only ever talking about North America it does not matter if the reach was just limited to North American.

Ever since Bivol beat Canelo he's received orders of magnitude more exposure and that's internationally. You can't even compare the pre-Canelo version of Bivol to the current version

You forgot to include any evidence to support your claim of Bivol suddenly being a big star. The zurdo fight was not even ppv lol! Davids next fight is PPV though. GG.

You don't think a single win can change whether a fighter is a draw or not? When Floyd beat Oscar that's what happened. His drawing power grew a great deal. That's the fight that turned him into a true PPV star. Many more people tuned in to watch him whether they wanted him to win or lose. Interest is interest and Bivol's profile has been elevated a lot since beating Canelo. That's how it works. He now has star power where he didn't at all before

You are comparing a loud mouth american fighter to a east euro robot? lol. Zurdo's last fight, one of the biggest fights in the division was not even on PPV. Such a big star!

Bet me your account that Canelo will sell better with Benavidez than he will in a Bivol rematch. You won't because deep down you know Benavidez isn't shit. Nobody gives a shit about him. The guy doesn't even have a half million Google search results ffs. His name only produced less than 350k. Bivol's name produced over 5 million. Do the math. Benavidez isn't even a speck on the map. He's a nobody.

The bet is pointless because Canelo will never fight David. I challenged you to bet your account on it and you were too scared. Benavidez is a nobody yet his next fight is on ppv while Bivols was free on DAZN. GG muppet.

My account is 20 years old and I'm willing to bet it on Canelo never stepping in the ring with Benavidez. This is your chance to get rid of me, are you that scared to make the bet?

I dont think either Bivol or Benavidez do as well as a Charlo fight in terms of PPV sales. Neither Bivol or Benavidez are much of a draw (today)
I'm not sure what either Charlo pulls in PPV buys/viewership ratings but Canelo vs Bivol 2 will sell well. That's what the insiders have predicted (Coppinger, Pugmire, etc). They'll promote the shit out of that rematch. Until then the match-up will only continue to gain traction and build momentum. It already has after Canelo just beat Golovkin again and Bivol just beat another Mexican fighter, an undefeated one, in Zurdo. With DAZN's PPV model more mature and all of the most significant markets targeted by next September they'll be in good shape. While Bivol probably won't ever be a big star the benchmark for drawing power is still at around 1 million PPV buys. Usyk just sold 1.2 million PPVs with AJ in the first fight and did another 1.2 million buys in the rematch. Currently he averages slightly over 1 million PPV buys. It's impressive given that he's an Eastern Euro and is a pure boxer with a style that isn't exciting. I expect Bivol to follow in Usyk's footsteps in the PPV market.

As for Benavidez, he's American and a Latino with an exciting style but he's not the big deal that his fans think he is. He'll need to actually beat some good fighters with a profile first. Plant isn't a bad start and having already fought Canelo fans will be more familiar with him. After that though he has no high profile match-ups at SMW outside of Canelo. Since he refuses to move up to challenge the best at LHW he won't be able to increase his drawing power much without securing a fight with Canelo. And if he can't get that fight then he'll only remain popular with the hardcore boxing fans. He doesn't fight the best and fans have become bored with him. When fighters don't challenge themselves they waste their own potential. In the last 5 years he's hardly elevated his profile at all. He's just stagnating away.

I'm not sure what either Charlo pulls in PPV buys/viewership ratings but Canelo vs Bivol 2 will sell well. That's what the insiders have predicted (Coppinger, Pugmire, etc). They'll promote the shit out of that rematch

These 'predictions' are baseless speculation. Use your brain. Since when does a rematch for a boring one sided fight sell bigger than the first? Its not logical.

Until then the match-up will only continue to be gain traction and build momentum

You must live in your own bubble because every reaction I see about this rematch is an eye roll. People don't care to see Canelo getting dominated again. You must not read comments from other fight fans or something or talk to them. You are describing a situation where the 1st fight was amazing with people wanting more, but in this case its the opposite.

oh look what I just saw.

Canelo GGG 1 PPV Buys 1.3m
Canelo GGG Rematch 1.1m

It drew less despite being a close controversial fight between two well known fighters. Yet you are arguing Canelo Bivol rematch will be bigger than the first.

That's a 10 count. Cya.

Lying again as usual.

Which is the whole point of this debate until you tried to include world wide.

Since we were only ever talking about North America it does not matter if the reach was just limited to North American.

You forgot to include any evidence to support your claim of Bivol suddenly being a big star. The zurdo fight was not even ppv lol! Davids next fight is PPV though. GG.

You are comparing a loud mouth american fighter to a east euro robot? lol. Zurdo's last fight, one of the biggest fights in the division was not even on PPV. Such a big star!

The bet is pointless because Canelo will never fight David. I challenged you to bet your account on it and you were too scared. Benavidez is a nobody yet his next fight is on ppv while Bivols was free on DAZN. GG muppet.

My account is 20 years old and I'm willing to bet it on Canelo never stepping in the ring with Benavidez. This is your chance to get rid of me, are you that scared to make the bet?
You really are dumb as hell. The PPV model is effectively dead, dude. It's been that way for several years. Until they adjust the price to make it significantly cheaper it'll remain that way. So, when you say that Bivol's last fight wasn't on PPV it doesn't mean anything. Canelo's even had plenty of fights that weren't on PPV. Not all fights are worthy of being on PPV. It depends on the match-up along with the fighters' drawing power. I never said that Bivol was a "big star." Nice strawman. He'll still outsell Benavidez any day. Benavidez has sold 0 PPVs in his career. Zero lol.

No, I won't be betting my account on whether Canelo & Benavidez fight because your boy has been ducking Plant for the last 7 years up until Canelo took him out. If he took so long to fight a guy like Plant then I could see him not being ready for Canelo for a long time if ever. He's a fraud. Canelo is the real deal though. Unlike Benavidez he's fought everyone and doesn't have an undefeated record to protect like your boy. If Canelo vs Benavidez never happens it won't be because of Canelo. Look at their track records and tell me otherwise.

These 'predictions' are baseless speculation. Use your brain. Since when does a rematch for a boring one sided fight sell bigger than the first? Its not logical.

You must live in your own bubble because every reaction I see about this rematch is an eye roll. People don't care to see Canelo getting dominated again. You must not read comments from other fight fans or something or talk to them. You are describing a situation where the 1st fight was amazing with people wanting more, but in this case its the opposite.

oh look what I just saw.

Canelo GGG 1 PPV Buys 1.3m
Canelo GGG Rematch 1.1m

It drew less despite being a close controversial fight between two well known fighters. Yet you are arguing Canelo Bivol rematch will be bigger than the first.

That's a 10 count. Cya.
Ah, so now you know better than respected boxing insiders then? Figures. Then again you're the self-proclaimed "expert". LOL. You're an absolutely clueless casual boxing fan originally from the heavies. You think all rematches draw less, eh? This again shows how ignorant you are. It depends on the match-up and the rivalry. There have been plenty of rematches that have outsold the previous. Even on network television rematches have done enormous viewership ratings. For example, Ali-Spinks 2 drew an average audience of 90 million viewers. Look at the all-time best selling PPVs and count the rematches. There are several including some trilogies. Another prime example being Wilder vs Fury 2 which did 4x better than the original.

Last edited:
You really are dumb as hell. The PPV model is effectively dead, dude. It's been that way for several years. Until they adjust the price to make it significantly cheaper it'll remain that way. So, when you say that Bivol's last fight wasn't on PPV it doesn't mean anything. Canelo's even had plenty of fights that weren't on PPV. Not all fights are worthy of being on PPV. It depends on the match-up along with the fighters' drawing power. I never said that Bivol was a "big star." Nice strawman. He'll still outsell Benavidez any day. Benavidez has sold 0 PPVs in his career. Zero lol.

Yet Davids next fight is on PPV. The PPV data proves that Bivol can't even out draw Caleb Plant, let alone Benavidez vs Canelo in a mexican stand off. I'm using actual PPV numbers not general google seaches like you are lol.

No, I won't be betting my account on whether Canelo & Benavidez fight because your boy has been ducking Plant for the last 7 years up until Canelo took him out. If he took so long to fight a guy like Plant then I could see him not being ready for Canelo for a long time if ever. He's a fraud. Canelo is the real deal though. Unlike Benavidez he's fought everyone and doesn't have an undefeated record to protect like your boy. If Canelo vs Benavidez never happens it won't be because of Canelo. Look at their track records and tell me otherwise.

So you think David is actually ducking Canelo? LOL!

Ah, so now you know better than respected boxing insiders then? Figures

I know you struggle to use your brain but if you did you would realize those clowns would not be able to predict the PPV numbers especially one thats not even been announced.

You think all rematches draw less, eh? This again shows how ignorant you are. It depends on the match-up and the rivalry. There have been plenty of rematches that have outsold the previous. Even on network television rematches have done enormous viewership ratings. For example, Ali-Spinks 2 drew an average audience of 90 million viewers. Look at the all-time best selling PPVs and count the rematches. There are several including some trilogies. Another prime example being Wilder vs Fury 2 which did 4x better than the original

I specifically said a rematch can be bigger in certain circumstances like if the first fight was close or controversial. Neither applies to Canelo getting his ears boxed off by a eastern euro robot decision machine. Even the GGG rematch drew less yet you are arguing Bivol rematch will be bigger. Stop embarrassing yourself. Everyone is salivating at the thought of Benavidez vs Canelo, I think it would get close to 1m PPV especially after David destroys Plant.

Yet Davids next fight is on PPV. The PPV data proves that Bivol can't even out draw Caleb Plant, let alone Benavidez vs Canelo in a mexican stand off. I'm using actual PPV numbers not general google seaches like you are lol.

So you think David is actually ducking Canelo? LOL!

I know you struggle to use your brain but if you did you would realize those clowns would not be able to predict the PPV numbers especially one thats not even been announced.

I specifically said a rematch can be bigger in certain circumstances like if the first fight was close or controversial. Neither applies to Canelo getting his ears boxed off by a eastern euro robot decision machine. Even the GGG rematch drew less yet you are arguing Bivol rematch will be bigger. Stop embarrassing yourself. Everyone is salivating at the thought of Benavidez vs Canelo, I think it would get close to 1m PPV especially after David destroys Plant.
Well, only one of us is willing to put their account on the line when comparing their respective numbers and it isn't you. You made a lame counter offer proposing to bet on a fight that may never happen because of the way the boxing business is. The fact of the matter is that Bivol's profile was elevated greatly after beating Canelo. If you yourself didn't believe this then you would've accepted my bet immediately yet you didn't. Telling.

Bivol's name generates 15x as many results as Benavidez's on Google's search engine. Who are you trying to fool here? I've given you additional analytics that prove your boy isn't even a speck on the map. Nobody is mentioning Benavidez's name. Not on Google's search engine, not on YouTube's search engine, nowhere. That should've been your first clue but you're too much of a fanboy to admit that Bivol is far more popular than Benavidez is currently. He didn't just beat him in the analytics he embarrassed your boy. And lastly, as I said before, you don't know more than boxing insiders when it comes to PPV projections.

Cool. You're this close to finally admitting that Benavidez needed more feathers on his cap before he could be considered a PPV draw. All the crying wasn't all that necessary, though.

Cool but that should never be a metric on whether a fighter deserves a fight. That's what Boxing rankings are for, I assume you have some respect for them if you consider yourself a serious boxing fan?

Well, only one of us is willing to put their account on the line when comparing their respective numbers and it isn't you. You made a lame counter offer proposing to bet on a fight that may never happen because of the way the boxing business is. The fact of the matter is that Bivol's profile was elevated greatly after beating Canelo. If you yourself didn't believe this then you would've accepted my bet immediately yet you didn't. Telling.

Bivols name generates 15x as many results as Benavidez's on Google's search engine. Who are you trying to fool here? I've given you additional analytics that prove your boy isn't even a speck on the map. Nobody is mentioning Benavidez's name. Not on Google's search engine, not on YouTube's search engine, nowhere. That should've been your first clue but you're too much of a fanboy to admit that Bivol is far more popular than Benavidez is currently. He didn't just beat him in the analytics he embarrassed your boy. And lastly, as I said before, you don't know more than boxing siders when it comes to PPV projections.

Let me just repeat. Bivol drew barely more than half the PPV numbers that Plant did, so unless you think Plant is a bigger draw than Benavidez, this debate is over. Bivol got some temporary attention when he fought Canelo but there is zero evidence that was sustained, and common sense should make it obvious its not considering he is a boring no personality eastern euro robot.

I made the first offer not a counter offer. If Canelo calls out Benavidez for a fight and he doesn't sign the contract I lose the bet. Don't be scared it should be easy. Its almost as if you know deep down Canela will avoid Benavidez until he retires.

Cool but that should never be a metric on whether a fighter deserves a fight. That's what Boxing rankings are for, I assume you have some respect for them if you consider yourself a serious boxing fan?

Let me just repeat. Bivol drew barely more than half the PPV numbers that Plant did, so unless you think Plant is a bigger draw than Benavidez, this debate is over. Bivol got some temporary attention when he fought Canelo but there is zero evidence that was sustained, and common sense should make it obvious its not considering he is a boring no personality eastern euro robot.

I made the first offer not a counter offer. If Canelo calls out Benavidez for a fight and he doesn't sign the contract I lose the bet. Don't be scared it should be easy. Its almost as if you know deep down Canela will avoid Benavidez until he retires.
You don't think it's sustained? The web analytics prove that the "buzz" he got from beating Canelo is still very much in effect. When Bivol fought Canelo he was little known. That's no longer the case. And you keep forgetting that Benavidez isn't a draw. He's never even fought on a PPV.

No, I won't be taking your bet because the boxing business is unpredictable. We lose big match-ups all the time. Even fights that have already been signed like Fury vs AJ for undisputed last year. You're a casual so you don't even realize this. Boy are you in denial. You've been proven wrong countless times just in this thread alone. Have some self-respect and walk away. This has gotten ugly and your face is wearing the damage. If it were possible to die of embarrassment you'd have done so long ago.

Breaking news : business has been an important part of boxing for, like, a century. "Deserving" is both about achievements and being a draw. Both are connected, especially in Benavidez’s case. He needs more in both areas. This no rocket science and a Plant fight will certainly help him on these matters provided he wins. It should make you happy, not your usual bitter self.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what either Charlo pulls in PPV buys/viewership ratings but Canelo vs Bivol 2 will sell well. That's what the insiders have predicted (Coppinger, Pugmire, etc). They'll promote the shit out of that rematch. Until then the match-up will only continue to gain traction and build momentum. It already has after Canelo just beat Golovkin again and Bivol just beat another Mexican fighter, an undefeated one, in Zurdo. With DAZN's PPV model more mature and all of the most significant markets targeted by next September they'll be in good shape. While Bivol probably won't ever be a big star the benchmark for drawing power is still at around 1 million PPV buys. Usyk just sold 1.2 million PPVs with AJ in the first fight and did another 1.2 million buys in the rematch. Currently he averages slightly over 1 million PPV buys. It's impressive given that he's an Eastern Euro and is a pure boxer with a style that isn't exciting. I expect Bivol to follow in Usyk's footsteps in the PPV market.

As for Benavidez, he's American and a Latino with an exciting style but he's not the big deal that his fans think he is. He'll need to actually beat some good fighters with a profile first. Plant isn't a bad start and having already fought Canelo fans will be more familiar with him. After that though he has no high profile match-ups at SMW outside of Canelo. Since he refuses to move up to challenge the best at LHW he won't be able to increase his drawing power much without securing a fight with Canelo. And if he can't get that fight then he'll only remain popular with the hardcore boxing fans. He doesn't fight the best and fans have become bored with him. When fighters don't challenge themselves they waste their own potential. In the last 5 years he's hardly elevated his profile at all. He's just stagnating away.

Canelo Jermall will sell well even if its not the most competitive fight. Bivol is by far the greatest challenge then presumably Benavidez

Bivol beating Canelo does make him more famous than Benavidez. Canelo is the only active boxer outside of the heavyweight division and youtube stars that a non boxing fan would know - it is rather obvious the person who defeated him would acquire a major uptick in fame.

There is no reason why most people would know Benavidez other than boxing fanatics, in which case they would have known who Bivol was before he had fought Canelo.

As for who draws more eyes, they are marketed toward different people in different regions in the world. Doesn't make sense to compare PPV numbers, not to mention one is a headliner and the other is not yet.

If either one fought Canelo it would draw big numbers as Canelo is the the ace A-side boxer. Which event draws more is rather irrelevant.

You really think Plant posturing behind closed doors actually proves he really wanted to fight Benavidez? I guess you also believe Charlo wants to fight him just because he has said so a few times? lol.

Plant had years to call David out publicly and build pressure and he never did. In a few months you will see why he avoided the fight for so long.
Boy you really hit rock bottom here. Benavidez own manager says Plant tried to make the fight and Benavidez side delayed it, but youre still going to argue otherwise.

At this rate were going to see you on the news for stalking the guy.

Boy you really hit rock bottom here. Benavidez own manager says Plant tried to make the fight and Benavidez side delayed it, but youre still going to argue otherwise.

At this rate were going to see you on the news for stalking the guy.
benavidez could post a video of himself on his social media saying he doesn't want to fight canelo, bivol, beterbiev... and this clown would make long winded posts about how this actually means that they are avoiding him.

Breaking news : business has been an important part of boxing for, like, a century. "Deserving" is both about achievements and being a draw. Both are connected, especially in Benavidez’s case. He needs more in both areas. This no rocket science and a Plant fight will certainly help him on these matters provided he wins. It should make you happy, not your usual bitter self.

Cool, now are you going to tell me with a straight face that Bivol, Plant, Yildrim, Smith, Fielding were bigger draws than Benavidez? (and the tune up bum he fights next)

The excuses you muppets keep using to justify blatant ducking are hilarious, and you claim im the blind fan boy? lol.

Back