Plant Va. Benavidez next year?

This fight might be FOTY is the Plant from Dirrell fight shows up. Really looking forward to this one regardless of the card

Team Benavidez tried to make the fight late last year but Plant went after Dirrell. He only made the fight now because he has new found confidence after a great KO. Benavidez tried to make the fight with Morrell as well until morrells trainer stepped in, Canelo is scared to fight him, and you think David is scared of Caleb Plant. You make me laugh.

Homie you cant seriously believe Canelo is afraid of Benavidez. Just not a thing. At all

Homie you cant seriously believe Canelo is afraid of Benavidez. Just not a thing. At all

He has now avoided him blatantly twice. Once when he dragged up a 40 year old middleweight , and now a 34 year old journeyman who lost to rocky fielding. He is clearly scared even though you are in denial.

He has now avoided him blatantly twice. Once when he dragged up a 40 year old middleweight , and now a 34 year old journeyman who lost to rocky fielding. He is clearly scared even though you are in denial.

That 40 yr old MW was arguably undefeated and a 1st ballot HOF. Meanwhile Benavidez was fighting David Lemiuex...at 168..in 2022...is that a joke?

Canelo having surgery and fighting John Ryder - arguably better than Benavidez - as a tune-up. Ryder beating Jacobs is a better win than anything Benavidez has.

Jacobs is shot, barely beat a shot Rosado, and Ryder was gifted the decision and jacobs is not relevant at 168 or anywhere anymore. Keep defending this bum fight just like you will the next one Canelo takes.

Jacobs is shot, barely beat a shot Rosado, and Ryder was gifted the decision and jacobs is not relevant at 168 or anywhere anymore. Keep defending this bum fight just like you will the next one Canelo takes.

I'm not disagreeing Jacobs is past his best but Ryder is as good an opponent as Dirrell was. And that's David's best win today

I'm not disagreeing Jacobs is past his best but Ryder is as good an opponent as Dirrell was. And that's David's best win today

Dirrel was 33-1 two time WC when David stopped him.

Ryder is 31-5 never been a champion and lost to rocky fielding.

You have now reached the levels of Nova and Kova. Well done.

And Anthony Direll beat..Yildrim? The guy Canelo beat in like 1 round lol. Truax?? Bika?? And even then you have to go back to like 2013...Ryder and Dirrell would've been a good fight. Dont know who wins. But I do know Benavidez best win was a guy arguably as good as Canelo's tune-up lmfao

Oh here we go again with this "two-time world champion" bullshit. Did you even see what a non-puncher coming directly off a stoppage loss Plant did to Dirrell? He won every damn round, styled on him, and then viciously slept him with one punch. THAT'S Benavidez's best win?! Bwahaha. Also, Ryder's loss to Fielding was like 5 years ago. Even then IIRC it was only a split decision. He's significantly improved since then.

I’m just gonna put my prediction in now, Plant should clean up pretty handily here, Benavidez will get 4 rounds but be given a boxing lesson. Fully expecting Plant to exploit David’s clear defensive flaws and let’s be honest inferior ring awareness. If Plant can sit on his punches harder he may even score a knockdown, needs to stay sharp and take a page from Bivol and remain disciplined and focused and not get emotional and caught. Let Benavidez make all the faces he wants, put the rounds in the bank and savor the post fight interview after the job is done.

lock in my prediction if fight really happens

I’m just gonna put my prediction in now, Plant should clean up pretty handily here, Benavidez will get 4 rounds but be given a boxing lesson. Fully expecting Plant to exploit David’s clear defensive flaws and let’s be honest inferior ring awareness. If Plant can sit on his punches harder he may even score a knockdown, needs to stay sharp and take a page from Bivol and remain disciplined and focused and not get emotional and caught. Let Benavidez make all the faces he wants, put the rounds in the bank and savor the post fight interview after the job is done.

lock in my prediction if fight really happens

I'm a Canelo fan boy so i want it to be a draw.

Seriously though, as long as it's a good fight i don't care who wins. Though i'd laugh myself into a coma if Plant somehow slept generational talent Benavidez.

I'm a Canelo fan boy so i want it to be a draw.

Seriously though, as long as it's a good fight i don't care who wins. Though i'd laugh myself into a coma if Plant somehow slept generational talent Benavidez.
It’s possible, when Plant gets the timing down he has stylistically frustrated everyone. Canelo has pretty good boxing mind himself, no shame in that loss, but as for my prediction the point is I see the tools in Plant more than I see in Benavidez who’s supposed to be this prodigy child of boxing because of what? Some video of Kelly Pavlik saying he’s the next big thing? Guy has fulfilled NONE of the hype, meanwhile Plant has gotten better and better. I would love to see Plant score a massive shock KO as well

It’s possible, when Plant gets the timing down he has stylistically frustrated everyone. Canelo has pretty good boxing mind himself, no shame in that loss, but as for my prediction the point is I see the tools in Plant more than I see in Benavidez who’s supposed to be this prodigy child of boxing because of what? Some video of Kelly Pavlik saying he’s the next big thing? Guy has fulfilled NONE of the hype, meanwhile Plant has gotten better and better. I would love to see Plant score a massive shock KO as well

Fulfilled none of the hype despite being the youngest ever division WC, and 2 time WC, and 26-0 23ko. I look forward to referencing your prediction after the fight. Thats if Plant does not pull out which I suspect he will. You are confusing what you want to happen with what will happen, so basically just being super biased.

Fulfilled none of the hype despite being the youngest ever division WC, and 2 time WC, and 26-0 23ko. I look forward to referencing your prediction after the fight. Thats if Plant does not pull out which I suspect he will. You are confusing what you want to happen with what will happen, so basically just being super biased.
It's a winnable fight for Plant so I'm not surprised that someone is picking him to beat your boy. I'm glad that other regulars here see the same flaws in Benavidez that I do. If Plant was a bit more durable I'd take him over Benavidez. No question.

Glad to hear its early match, enough delays. Plenty of time for Canelo to make the May fight with Benavidez also if he had the balls. He didn't mind giving Callum smith 4 weeks or Kova 8 weeks.

Glad to hear its early match, enough delays. Plenty of time for Canelo to make the May fight with Benavidez also if he had the balls. He didn't mind giving Callum smith 4 weeks or Kova 8 weeks.
Canelo already has an opponent scheduled. He's expected to fight Ryder in early May and then rematch Bivol in mid September. Remember? Maybe Benavidez would've been included if he offered some actual reward. Canelo did have those fighters do a quick turnaround but he also paid them handsomely for the trouble. Millions of dollars. At the end of the day they signed the contract. They made the choice to fight on his terms for a career high payday.

Back