Pistol help

Reakt

Green Belt
Reaction score
My knee goes way in front of my toes when doing bodyweight pistols, is this safe for my knee and what can i do to stop this?

same thing happens to me. Safe? I dunno. Normal? yeah that seems to happen to a lot of people.

i find that my knee does not because i do not roll onto the ball of my foot when i do them. I think your issue would be counter balance, try it while holding a wieght in front of yourself untill you can do it without relying on it. Just focus on preforming it more like a squat. when i do it my butt actualy tuches the ground not my calf.

i used to be crap at squat form untill i did them light with 100 reps every day for a week. havn't had a form problem since.

I was brought up in a powerlifting gym where you learned correct form or you were banished.

Therefore pistols have come easy for me.

Keep the weight in your heels, drive thru the heel, sit back.

Just like a squat.

Works for me and Im 6'2".

Hold a weight out in front of you. push your butt back first as you go down, concentrate on pushing up with the heel of your foot.

Chad Hamilton said:
I was brought up in a powerlifting gym where you learned correct form or you were banished.

Therefore pistols have come easy for me.

Keep the weight in your heels, drive thru the heel, sit back.

Just like a squat.

Works for me and Im 6'2".

I wish I was brought up in a gym like that. I wish there were more gyms like that now.

I don't know. It seems normal to me, as long as it doesn't go too far forward and the weight is on your heel.

Holding a dumbell in front of you does wonders for stability and sitting back.

i used a 10kg plate as a counter balance, it worked like a charm thanks guys.

There was an old T-mag artical written by Ian King talking about lunging and having the front foot go over the toe. He felt there was a time and place for it, but if you had knee problems to avoid it.

i'm 6'3 with long legs and i can do pistols, however, the leg in front alawys cramps up after awhile....anyone have any experence with that?

Back