Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Division Bell

• Pulse

• The Endless River

• Total voters
There's someone in my head, but it's not me.

Animals and Wish You were here.

Better albums than Dark Side. Less radio friendly singles.

Meddle is pretty awesome but the production on it isn't up to par with their big 4 albums.

The Wall has way too many tracks and alot of filler

Most will say Darkside but I think the Wall is the best. You get the most variety of styles, some classic songs and a really good story. It was groundbreaking.

Pink Floyd has so many different moods though it really depends on what you are looking for. "Wish You Were Here" is great, "Animals" is an acoustic/rock hybrid which is brilliant, "Meddle" is trippy and atmospheric, "Piper" is psychedelic, etc.

1. The Wall
2. Darkside of the Moon
3. Animals
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Meddle

After that, it gets complicated.

I think WYWH is the best, but there's a caveat in that its only got 5 songs on it.

"The Wall" has been growing on me over time. I've been listening to it in full on long trips, and you can't help but appreciate the entire work as a concept album.

Big fan.

Most consistent, DSotM, followed by WYWH and The Wall.

I may have played Meddle more than any other.

Special notice to the soundtrack (live performances) of Live in Pompeii

The Wall for me.

Young Lust
Comfortably Numb
Another Brick P1-3
Run Like Hell
Hey You
Goodbye Blue Sky
Mother
Goodbye Cruel World

Too mny good songs.

DSOTM is amazing too.

No votes for Atom Heart Mother? <Lmaoo>

I always thought "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" and "Summer '68" were two of their most underrated songs ever, though.

I've had a hard time enjoying Wish You Were Here and Animals and I absolutely hated The Wall when I heard it. Might be time to revisit all of those

I am going with "The Wall" because it is not only great music, but a personal story about Waters' life, which has universal themes we can all relate to. The music is excellent as well. Add the movie into the mix and it is clearly the band's masterpiece. That said, it is hard to call one album their best. "Dark Side" is a masterpiece all its own, but I put "The Wall" above it. "Wish You Were Here" is excellent, but short. I enjoyed "Ummagumma" also, but you have to be in the right frame of mind.... I also really liked post Waters stuff like "Division Bell" and "Delicate Sound" and "Momentary Lapse." Pink Floyd is one of the best bands ever, imo.

DSOTM, WYWH, Wall, Meddle, Animals, Atom Heart Mother, Saucerful of Secrets, Piper, The Final Cut, Obscured by Clouds, Momentary Lapse of Reason, More, The Division Bell, Ummagumma, and The Endless River

Meddle was one or two good songs in place of Seamus and San Tropaz away from being a real contender. One Of These Days, Pillow of Winds, Fearless and their best song Echoes is peak level Floyd. It’s a tragedy they got lazy with filler. Those two songs are wrenches.

Last edited:
DSOM
The Pulse show was crazy good too and it included DSOM

i voted Dark Side of the Moon as I forgot Meddle. I prefer Meddle.

No votes for Atom Heart Mother? <Lmaoo>

When I was a teenager and discovering "old" music, I went through pretty much all of my dads (many) records, and listening to the A-side of Atom Heart Mother for the first time was probably the best music experience I've had in my life.

When I was a teenager and discovering "old" music, I went through pretty much all of my dads (many) records, and listening to the A-side of Atom Heart Mother for the first time was probably the best music experience I've had in my life.

I think it's more of an important album than necessarily a good one, but I still like it. It started everything, in a way. :)

Wish You Were Here but I am biased towards David Gilmour and I absolutely adore his playing on that record.

Back