Pillow-like Gloves?

I have the IMFs with the loop and hook and I love them. Awesome protection

Yeah Rivals are fairly soft but a very good glove

The title platinums are also pretty soft training and sparring gloves, in fact the title line in general is but they are still some great gloves.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that all thai brands are stiffer and have harder padding but I guess some of the time it may seem that way. Twins aren't very stiff I actually find them moderately soft. I'm not sure about Kings but from what I've heard they aren't hard either. Fairtex boxing gloves are pretty soft while their thai style glove is a bit denser.

If it were up to me I'd say grab the IMF tech ringside gloves. I've heard nothing but great reviews from their owners. I hear the padding isn't pillow like but good and it provides great protection for a long time. Of course like any glove they take a little to break in but nothing bad and after that they are great.

I don't know about the ultimate classics because I've never used them or talked to anyone that has used them. To be on the safe side I'd say go with the IMF tech's.

True. The IMFs are perhaps the only gloves out there that practically nobody dislike. I don't own them, but I've done plenty of research and there is an absurd amount of love for those gloves.

One of my trainer's friends used to have a pair of Ultimate's and he said they were the best gloves he'd ever used and I don't know if they still do this but they used to have a 1 year limited warranty for their Ultimate Classic line of gear.

Nvm, get the IMF's I just refreshed the page and now the Ultimates are $130 and they also got rid of most of the other Ultimate gear.

You know what you'd be better off getting the Rivals, it'd probably be cheaper too considering Ringside/CSI's ridiculous shipping rates.

One of my trainer's friends used to have a pair of Ultimate's and he said they were the best gloves he'd ever used and I don't know if they still do this but they used to have a 1 year limited warranty for their Ultimate Classic line of gear.

Nvm, get the IMF's I just refreshed the page and now the Ultimates are $130 and they also got rid of most of the other Ultimate gear.

You know what you'd be better off getting the Rivals, it'd probably be cheaper too considering Ringside/CSI's ridiculous shipping rates.

You know what's wierd? Ringside & CSI are supposed to be one in the same...they are in fact, EXCEPT...Look at this price difference!

Ultimate Training Gloves - Hook & Loop-www.Ringside.Com

Ultimate Sparring Gloves - Hook & Loop-Combatsports.com

You'll see the same with many of their other products such as the Cleto Reyes gloves.

They are, there is at least one review I believe that compare the two, preferences vary between the Mexican and Ringside version.

For the whole Ringside/CSI thing, I think CSI is cheaper than all things compared to Ringside. The IMFs are cheaper on CSI albeit I like the Ringside black over the Spider-Man colors (thought it might be cool :p).

Ya know... I actually hate being hit with pillowy gloves. I dunno. I just hate it.

Ya know... I actually hate being hit with pillowy gloves. I dunno. I just hate it.

Really? Why? Getting hit sucks, much less with a glove with hard, dense padding. I've heard the Winnings are so soft that some partners let them tee off with them on.

Really? Why? Getting hit sucks, much less with a glove with hard, dense padding. I've heard the Winnings are so soft that some partners let them tee off with them on.

I dunno, it just feels weird haha. Don't get me wrong, I hate hard gloves and I hate people going all out and just laying into me, but the feeling of pillowy gloves is just weird. I don't mind taking some impact - I mean I'm getting punched I expect it to hurt somewhat.

I'm going to go with Twins Special 16oz.

I don't like that roll down elastic thing on the IMF's because they're a pain to do by yourself with gloves on. The cuff on the UC's looks a little too long for my tastes. Maybe if I was doing pure boxing, but it looks like it would hinder my wrist flexibility in Muay Thai class or when I'm doing kickboxing w/ takedowns.

Sound like a fair assessment?

Western boxing gloves have more wrist support but you're right in that this naturally comes at the expense of wrist mobility.

Based on my Fairtex Safety gloves I'll agree with you on the elastic cover. That crap is the devil's work and there seems to usually be very small velcro straps under those covers (the ones on my Fairtex gloves are a joke).

I don't like that roll down elastic thing on the IMF's because they're a pain to do by yourself with gloves on. The cuff on the UC's looks a little too long for my tastes. Maybe if I was doing pure boxing, but it looks like it would hinder my wrist flexibility in Muay Thai class or when I'm doing kickboxing w/ takedowns.

Yes. :icon_chee

great choice..i have 16's and i love em..it looks better than my ringsides

Back