Piers Morgan tweets about Fort Hood #2...

seeing how riled up gun nutters get about piers i might actually start to like him

although it is funny reading comments from nutters like muster X. liking a douchebag like Piers Morgan is not acceptable.

You either have a right to defend yourself or you do not. When one of those murderous people shows up on your doorstep you don't really want to be caught holding nothing but your dick.

You say well, if guns were illegal then maybe the bad guy wouldn't have a gun. The answer is yes he would, you just wouldn't because you are a law abiding citizen. The question is basic and most people refuse to answer it.

Do you or do you not have a right to self defense?

well since we made guns illegal we have not had any of the problems you seem to be talking about. in fact the only GUN problems have been criminals shooting other criminals (and the occasional stray bullet)

and your question "Do you or do you not have a right to self defense" well i'm 43 years old and have not needed a gun to defend myself.

now that said, it seems Americans want guns and i'm not in a position to tell you what you should and shouldn't do. just stop the "you need guns to defend yourself" crap....because that is just a lie.

although it is funny reading comments from nutters like muster X. liking a douchebag like Piers Morgan is not acceptable.

And by nutter you mean someone who believes that the right to self defense is inalienable.

well since we made guns illegal we have not had any of the problems you seem to be talking about. in fact the only GUN problems have been criminals shooting other criminals (and the occasional stray bullet)

and your question "Do you or do you not have a right to self defense" well i'm 43 years old and have not needed a gun to defend myself.

now that said, it seems Americans want guns and i'm not in a position to tell you what you should and shouldn't do. just stop the "you need guns to defend yourself" crap....because that is just a lie.

Well first of all you cannot make guns illegal in the U.S. unless you want to fight a civil war or have a bloodbath. There are an estimated 400 million guns in the U.S. which makes us the most well armed populace on earth.

Secondly, crimes such as home invasion are on the rise and citizens shoot perpetrators all the time in this country. Your idea that nobody needs a gun to defend themselves is the most irresponsible comment you could ever make. Not everyone can fight off a criminal or group of criminals, or be like you and just hope for the best. The elderly, women, etc.

Well first of all you cannot make guns illegal in the U.S. unless you want to fight a civil war or have a bloodbath. There are an estimated 400 million guns in the U.S. which makes us the most well armed populace on earth.

Secondly, crimes such as home invasion are on the rise and citizens shoot perpetrators all the time in this country. Your idea that nobody needs a gun to defend themselves is the most irresponsible comment you could ever make. Not everyone can fight off a criminal or group of criminals, or be like you and just hope for the best. The elderly, women, etc.

well i have never needed a gun.....nobody i know needed a gun. the only reason you might is because there is 400 million guns in your country. so my comment is not irresponsible from my view point.....only irresponsible to someone who lives in a country with more guns than people.

but hey don't tread on my rights.......written how long ago?

oh and inb4 cops are armed so i need to as well.... well cops are armed in Australia and i have never felt the need to arm myself.

You are the disease.....and guns are the cure.

Seriously, you want to know what a sickness is? Human beings who have forgotten they have a right to self defense. And yes, the more guns the better.

Even simpler than that, human beings who have forgotten their rights to freedom. I have the freedom to buy a gun, for whatever valid reason I choose and others are free to not buy one because they're scared and irresponsible. Win-win!

It's mostly criminals shooting other criminals here too.

Richardson texas (a suburb of dallas) has a texas-sized number of guns obviously, almost exactly 100k people, and a murder rate of roughly one murder per year. Pretty much the same as australia and lower than lots of european countries. Guns don't cause murder.

It's mostly criminals shooting other criminals here too.

Richardson texas (a suburb of dallas) has a texas-sized number of guns obviously, almost exactly 100k people, and a murder rate of roughly one murder per year. Pretty much the same as australia and lower than lots of european countries. Guns don't cause murder.

fair enough. like i said in an earlier post, i am in no position to tell people from another country what they should or shouldn't do. but the position from many gun nuts (not calling you one) is that you can only defend yourself with a gun. if the cops are armed then so should i.....well the cops are armed here, and i have never felt the need to arm myself.

and the talk about this Fort Hood situation, saying it was caused (the extra deaths) because the soldiers are not allowed weapons on the base. well my question is why do this not happen all over the world on army bases?????

and the talk about this Fort Hood situation, saying it was caused (the extra deaths) because the soldiers are not allowed weapons on the base. well my question is why do this not happen all over the world on army bases?????

Let's remember we have like a million people on military bases. How many do you have? It's hard to make statistical statements about causes when the rate is one-in-a-million.

Let's remember we have like a million people on military bases. How many do you have? It's hard to make statistical statements about causes when the rate is one-in-a-million.

fair point. although i was kinda talking about Australia + others (Britain,Europe etc) i must admit (i'm sure there has been) but i can't recall the last time i heard of a mass shooting at an army base (outside america....and don't quote anything mexican lol)

I think his point is being lost, which is actually a decent point, or something to think about anyway.

The NRA crowd always talks as if there is some clear line of demarcation between "criminals" and "law-abiding citizens". They feel group A all have guns illegally and will use them irresponsibly, which is why group B should be allowed to own them and use them responsibly.

That's all well and good, but what Piers is getting at is that clear line between the bad guys and the good guys does not exist. Everybody is a law abiding citizen, until they are not. And if you go from being law abiding to not law abiding while you are armed, it's a bad situation, as we see here at Fort Hood.

I don't have the answer. Maybe no one should have guns, maybe we all should. But the idea that every NRA member is some saint with only the most righteous intentions in life and all the criminals wear ski masks and are easily identified just makes me roll my eyes.

I think his point is being lost, which is actually a decent point, or something to think about anyway.

The NRA crowd always talks as if there is some clear line of demarcation between "criminals" and "law-abiding citizens". They feel group A all have guns illegally and will use them irresponsibly, which is why group B should be allowed to own them and use them responsibly.

That's all well and good, but what Piers is getting at is that clear line between the bad guys and the good guys does not exist. Everybody is a law abiding citizen, until they are not. And if you go from being law abiding to not law abiding while you are armed, it's a bad situation, as we see here at Fort Hood.

I don't have the answer. Maybe no one should have guns, maybe we all should. But the idea that every NRA member is some saint with only the most righteous intentions in life and all the criminals wear ski masks and are easily identified just makes me roll my eyes.

So essentially, you're in favour of denying people benefit of the doubt so you can take away fundamental rights? I could see the merit if you argued for carte blanche disarmament across the board; including cops and military, but anything less is just hypocritical. No guns for anyone is the only intellectually honest position that Antis can take.

I have used a gun on a couple of occasions to defend myself and/or my family.

well i have never needed a gun.....nobody i know needed a gun. the only reason you might is because there is 400 million guns in your country. so my comment is not irresponsible from my view point.....only irresponsible to someone who lives in a country with more guns than people.

but hey don't tread on my rights.......written how long ago?

oh and inb4 cops are armed so i need to as well.... well cops are armed in Australia and i have never felt the need to arm myself.

See above and the victim is always the first responder, also the cops (here at least) have no legal duty to protect someone in most cases.

fair enough. like i said in an earlier post, i am in no position to tell people from another country what they should or shouldn't do. but the position from many gun nuts (not calling you one) is that you can only defend yourself with a gun. if the cops are armed then so should i.....well the cops are armed here, and i have never felt the need to arm myself.

It was a 15 minute response time, so in that time how many more died or were wounded?

I

So essentially, you're in favour of denying people benefit of the doubt so you can take away fundamental rights?

Sure, put words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is I don't like hearing the "I'm a tax paying, law abiding, lover of America that abides by the constitution of the country I served for!!" BS, as if that means we can all trust that you are incapable of committing a crime with your gun. There are a lot of pro-gun arguments that make sense to me, but not that shit. We don't know who the "bad guys" are, so if you're going to be pro gun, you better be comfortable with a lot of them having perfectly legal access to the same firearms you do.

Well, that tweet will have Alex jones foaming from his fat face.

Sure, put words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is I don't like hearing the "I'm a tax paying, law abiding, lover of America that abides by the constitution of the country I served for!!" BS, as if that means we can all trust that you are incapable of committing a crime with your gun. There are a lot of pro-gun arguments that make sense to me, but not that shit. We don't know who the "bad guys" are, so if you're going to be pro gun, you better be comfortable with a lot of them having perfectly legal access to the same firearms you do.

So the answer is to treat everyone like a potential criminal, "innocent until proven guilty" remember that? :rolleyes:

People who are pro gun realize that laws don't prevent criminals, from acquiring firearms; legality doesn't matter to a criminal, they break laws anyways.

If you truly believe that guns, inanimate objects, are the root of the problem, then nobody should have access to them, we've seen cops and soldiers snap, we've seen them lose guns and intetionally or unintentionally supply guns to those who "shouldn't" have them. If you think law abiding citizens are the only guilty parties here, you're either blind or a hypocrite.

You are the disease.....and guns are the cure.

Seriously, you want to know what a sickness is? Human beings who have forgotten they have a right to self defense. And yes, the more guns the better.

You do your cause no good with statements like these.

Back