Pierce: Palhares is definitely a cheat

I don't even want to quote him..

Anyone else catch the other poster saying that Pierce not getting top 10 fighters is a disgrace to the sport?

HA.HA.HA.

No one gives Imanari shit, and he's destroyed way more knees than Palhares.

no kidding, Mike Brown finish is just painful to watch, pretty crazy that he fought again just few months later.

meh. people use stuffy try to psyche themselves up.

i remember Bobby Southworth saying "i'm going to beat him b/c he's a liar and a cheat!" about Sammy Hoger, even though all the stuff Hoger was accused of stealing and lying about happened after Southworth was off the show.

he didn't know Hoger for his stealing and lying. still, he wanted to use that in his mind.

well, Pierce doesn't know Palhares. he's just trying to find something to dislike. if he wanted he could say "seems like a nice fella" or "i don't know him, so i won't comment". he chose to go the angst direction. shrug. that's his right as an athlete.

Palhares-subs-Drwal.gif

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you didn't see the fight or didn't remember it. (Unless you continue to try to defend it or downplay it.)

Man I didn't remember it being that bad. That's pretty messed up.

No one gives Imanari shit, and he's destroyed way more knees than Palhares.

Very true....I was gonna bring that up. People act like Palhares does things on purpose, you posters are not the ones in the fight when adrenaline is going and a fight is intense. Shit happens.

Im responding to people that are commenting here criticizing my post.....you guys think you know it all by what you see from a slow motion GIF, again, your not in the fight.

He pulls this shit in sport bjj as well. I've seen plenty of his matches that have pissed off his opponents. Where he's tried to hurt people. Why make excuses for him because other "very strong" bjj players don't try to deliberately hurt people.

Yeah I came in here to second this. Pallhares really has no concept of sportsmanship. He definitely seems like the musclebound BJJ goon who when starting out went ape shit crazy during his first time rolling. Too bad he never learned a seven letter word called control. There's a reason why leg locks are illegal in some competitions at the white belt level. Crank it just a tinge too hard, and you'll need surgery, not even just a small injury. Any semi-intelligent person would know how to hold back a little bit, let alone let go when they've clearly given up. I don't like him at all.

I actually don't even think he means to be nefarious, but he just seems to have a SUPER low IQ, like easily below 100. Kinda like the embodiment of a dumb jock who goes overboard without knowing.

Pierce is a fail sonnen's version, he's an old brazilian hater.

Man I didn't remember it being that bad. That's pretty messed up.

Its the refs job to stop the fight and get in there. Drawl can scream all he wants, its Rousimars job to finish the fight. The ref came, he let go.....he applies subs with power, if anyone trained submissions you know sometimes its as delayed reaction to let go. He's not in there to think about Drawls feelings and well being, he is trying to make him tap.

People will yell and cry over Palhares.....but yet a scenario with Weidman and Munoz or Mir and Carwin no one brings up. Its the refs fault for letting it go...its the same thing.

Every Brazilian I've talked to about him that has met him says he's dumb as dirt. He's deep-woods redneck level. I love his style, but he's called tree stump for more than one reason. I wouldn't be floored if someone talked him into taking gear. Is he a cheat? Meh, not any more than other ultra competitive athletes.

There is a neat variable in his drop down to 170lbs. I do think Pierce is waaaaay too much to handle for Paul Harris. Pierce via TKO round 2

Its the refs job to stop the fight and get in there. Drawl can scream all he wants, its Rousimars job to finish the fight. The ref came, he let go.....he applies subs with power, if anyone trained submissions you know sometimes its as delayed reaction to let go. He's not in there to think about Drawls feelings and well being, he is trying to make him tap.

People will yell and cry over Palhares.....but yet a scenario with Weidman and Munoz or Mir and Carwin no one brings up. Its the refs fault for letting it go...its the same thing.

nope

Ref was trying to get Palhares off him and Palhares was still cranking stop BS

Imagine if Kim Winslow was refree in Palhares-Drwal

If a Brazilian does something wrong, it is okay if you acknowledge it. No one cares Everyone on here knows how retarded you are. (See Silva/Weidman aftermath comments)

Yah....my view on Silva Weidman is retarded and everyone on here thinks I am retard. Great comment buddy

Very true....I was gonna bring that up. People act like Palhares does things on purpose, you posters are not the ones in the fight when adrenaline is going and a fight is intense. Shit happens.

Im responding to people that are commenting here criticizing my post.....you guys think you know it all by what you see from a slow motion GIF, again, your not in the fight.

Same goes for you guy. I would give the benefit of the doubt to Pallhares if that fight was the only controversial sub he's had, maybe even twice, but the dude is a repeated offender.

Like I said above, I don't think he has malicious intent, but that doesn't excuse potentially breaking somebody's limb. He needs to realize he needs to control "his strength", whatever that means.

nope

Ref was trying to get Palhares off him and Palhares was still cranking stop BS

Its a slow motion GIF first....and Palhares let go right when the ref go in there. The ref pulled a bit harder. My point is that he doesn't intentionally want to hurt anyone, sometimes its just in the heat of the moment.

People are such hypocrites on here...not saying you. But will criticize one guy and praise another for doing the same thing.

Same goes for you guy. I would give the benefit of the doubt to Pallhares if that fight was the only controversial sub he's had, maybe even twice, but the dude is a repeated offender.

Like I said above, I don't think he has malicious intent, but that doesn't excuse potentially breaking somebody's limb. He needs to realize he needs to control "his strength", whatever that means.

Yah...I get what your saying. But you cant tell a fighter to control his strength in a fight, it doesnt work like that. When a sub is applied the intention is to crank a limb so hard that your opponent has to give up.....thats the mentality a fighter has.

Its like telling someone not to punch someone hard and control their punching power.

Yah...I get what your saying. But you cant tell a fighter to control his strength in a fight, it doesnt work like that. When a sub is applied the intention is to crank a limb so hard that your opponent has to give up.....thats the mentality a fighter has.

Its like telling someone not to punch someone hard and control their punching power.

Good post

Palhares does this in BJJ fairly often along with all the incidents he has had in MMA. Stop making excuses for him.

Not trolling, 100% real talk, I'm pretty sure Paul Harris is not all there. I'm not saying that's an excuse for his actions, but clearly the guy is a bit "odd" overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back