Pick 5 fighters: MMA Mt. Rushmore

1) Royce
2) Chuck
3) Fedor
4) GSP
5) Anderson Silva
or
5b) Wanderlei Silva (He was one of the most popular international stars in his day plus he was a beast).

Honorable Mention:
If we're including WMMA then you have to either include Ronda Rousey for her domination or Gina Carano for being the "pioneer." Carano would definitely make a better bust.

UFC: Royce Chuck Brock GSP Conor

MMA: Royce Fedor Bas Ronda Wanderlei(?)

Cro Cop is literally my favorite fighter ever, deserve or not he going up there. Shogun is a former champ and has been in some of the best fights ever, one of the most entertaining fighters ever IMO

I'm not denying that shogun was a bad ass and an entertaining fighter, but he wasn't a Pioneer and he was only really on top for about 2 years early in his career and was never consistent after that.

It would be like calling Micheal Vick an all time great in Football. I guess you could call him a Pride Legend, but imo he's not an all time great. What the hell do I know though I'm just some butthole that posts on Sherdog.:D

Royce Gracie
Randy Couture
Sakuraba
Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson

No Datsik? You suck
I actually wanted to include him, but TS said only 5 fighters. Should have prolly picked him instead of Paul Harris. Also lacking space for Lee Murray.

Last edited:
1 sakuraba
2 jbj
3 fedor
4 anderson
5 minowaman *

* minowaman is true # 1 but he´s such a gentleman that he´s leaving place for the others

also, saku beating him was absolute BS

Honorable mention:

WANDY

FUCk haters

originally:
royce, fedor, gsp, jones, silva

but after PED busts:
i'd replace royce, jones, and silva bc they were all busted (fedor never caught and even "if" he did juice everyone was doing it in pride so i dont hold it against him)

sakuraba, fedor, couture (probably juiced but everyone juiced back then), aldo, gsp (highly suspicious he juiced so i have bj penn as a potential sub)

in terms of influence:

royce, bj penn, sakuraba, couture, conor

edit: none of these in particular order

No confirmed PED cheaters allowed on the mountain.

Fedora
GSP
Chuck
Randy
Conor

Royce, Saku, Fedor, Anderson, GSP

Not a Royce or Fedor fan, but you can't deny they belong up there.

Back