Pic request-dc slam on jones

This actually shows how difficult it is to take JJ down. Even as he was up in the air, he was all jiggly and moving awkwardly making it very difficult for DC to actually slam him. Not to mention, he got up quicker than DC. Props to DC, nonetheless.

DC fought his ass off man. Its sad that no one appreciates when a guy fights to the end.

I'm a Jones fan, and I'm still getting over my aversion to all those who thought, strictly out of hate and disrespect for Jones, that DC would utterly trounce Jones, ragdoll Jones, beat him to oblivion, et cetera. It was getting ridiculous.

That said, I totally respect DC and appreciate what he did in that fight. I thought he did bring the fight to Jones, had me worried for a bit, etc. He is a world class fighter and to my eyes a nice and decent guy. I wish him only the best and hope he comes back.

this is like a tissue for cormier fans to cry into

DzY54OO.jpg

This actually shows how difficult it is to take JJ down. Even as he was up in the air, he was all jiggly and moving awkwardly making it very difficult for DC to actually slam him. Not to mention, he got up quicker than DC. Props to DC, nonetheless.

Yup. Funny too that Jones's long ass right arm was the first thing to touch the ground, helping Jones stabilize himself and land on his knees and squirm out in a millisecond.

DC fought his ass off man. Its sad that no one appreciates when a guy fights to the end.

That's because a lot of the people who were rooting for him to beat Jones weren't his fans; they were Jones haters. Even DC said it himself right after the weigh-in.

By the way, it's crazy how DC still had that much strength left in the 5th to pick up Jones like that and made it looked easy.

I actually thought that was the final nail in the coffin for DC because it did nothing for him except drain whatever little gas he had left.

Yeah it is odd to me. Dude gave it his all and put up a hell of a fight. Just cause Jones proved himself to be even better doesn't mean that Cormier isn't great.

Only reason Cormier isn't getting the love Gus did is because the victor was clear in the Cormier/Jones fight and wasn't in the Gus/Jones fight. That being said, Jones had Gus in a worse spot in the fourth and fifth round than he ever had DC in the fight. Yet a lot of people are saying Cormier was a broken and defeated man in the championship rounds..strange.

Dc doesnt have any fans now, so no one bothered to make a gif.

As DC himself said, he has no fans. Only Jones haters.

Im still a DC fan, so he has atleast one. Also a big Jones fan.

Jones really hasn't had to fight off his back ever...except for the few seconds he's jumped guard at the end of rounds in a couple of his fights. That's very impressive stuff because it means even if you do manage to take the guy down (no easy feat itself that Cormier and Gus achieved) you're not going to be able to hold him down. Barao and Jones seem to be the best in the biz at stifling the grappling of others.

By the way, it's crazy how DC still had that much strength left in the 5th to pick up Jones like that and made it looked easy.

Lol watch it again. He struggled a lot to do that. There was nothing easy about it.

Took him like 3-4 mins of everything he had to get it done. Blind Freddy can even see it was just pride f**kin with him, he had to get that TD after everything he said.

people went all in on him now have to pretend that didn't happen - that leads to not getting sympathy since now those folks have to deal w being very wrong and need someone to blame

Never thought he'd be able to do that in the 5th, dude looked gassed going into the 4th.

Back