Pic request-dc slam on jones

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone have the slam that dc got on jones?

Meh.

Calling it a slam is a bit much. DC threw Jones to the ground, but it was pretty awkward and sloppy. I wouldn't really call it a slam.

Surely there's a gif of it out there somewhere... but I'm thinking people aren't coming forward with it because it seriously wasn't very impressive.

Meh.

Calling it a slam is a bit much. DC threw Jones to the ground, but it was pretty awkward and sloppy. I wouldn't really call it a slam.

Getting him up was impressive, but the way Jones landed turned it to "Meh" like you said.

Last edited:
Getting him up was impressive, but that way Jones landed turned it to "Meh" like you said.

Exactly.

It was an impressive display of strength at the end of a grueling 5 rounder, but that's it.

Wasn't really a slam and DC didn't come anywhere close to getting top control. I personally wouldn't even count it as a finished takedown.

Daniel%2BCormier%2BSlams%2BJon%2BJones%2BUFC%2B182.gif

^^^ See?

That ain't no slam. That's a dump, or a throw, or what ever you wanna call it, but that ain't a slam.

Jones landed on his knees, ffs.

that slam was like scoring touchdown when you are down by 60 in the final 2 minutes of the game. It made no difference and it doesn't change that Jon out wrestled DC.

DC fought his ass off man. Its sad that no one appreciates when a guy fights to the end.

DC fought his ass off man. Its sad that no one appreciates when a guy fights to the end.

That's the danger when you talk a lot of shit. If you fail, there's not a lot of sympathy going around.

It'd be the same if Jones had lost... fuck, what am I saying, it'd be so, so much worse if Jones had lost.

If DC had been nothing but respectful, then he'd be getting a lot of respect back. Look at Gus. He was respectful, fought his ass off, and came out of the fight with more fans than ever. Personally I still have a lot of respect for DC. He tried, he gave his best, but that night, his best just wasn't good enough. Jones was on another level. DC can easily earn his way back to the title with a good win or two. The fight was close enough that a rematch down the line is pretty likely.

Jones is such a dirty fighter. Look how he held the fence.

That's the danger when you talk a lot of shit. If you fail, there's not a lot of sympathy going around.

It'd be the same if Jones had lost... fuck, what am I saying, it'd be so, so much worse if Jones had lost.

If DC had been nothing but respectful, then he'd be getting a lot of respect back. Look at Gus. He was respectful, fought his ass off, and came out of the fight with more fans than ever. Personally I still have a lot of respect for DC. He tried, he gave his best, but that night, his best just wasn't good enough. Jones was on another level. DC can easily earn his way back to the title with a good win or two. The fight was close enough that a rematch down the line is pretty likely.

The thing is DC had to skipped all the way to the front of the line by talking smack...otherwise he would still had to edge by Gus, Rashad, Rumble, Glover...

came in expecting thread to be spammed with gifs of Jones dumping Cormier.

Back