Phil wonderful Davis to return to UFC ?

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
He is now LHW Bellator champ , so , do you think it's time for Davis to return to UFC ?
One of his wins in Bellator was even against King Mo, who is current Rizin champ and is scheduled to fight Cro Cop tomorrow .

a2kTx4.gif

He needs to come back. If the UFC really wants to claim they have the best fighters in the world they need to bring back Davis and Jake Shields.

Them not willing to pay him more was stupid in the first place.

a better .gif would help your point lol

and also I dont think anyone really considers Mo to be Rizin champ despite tournament win

I think he signed something called a contract which would make it a bit difficult.

Skill wise he's easily a top 5-6 fighter in the world. I guess it comes down to is the UFC willing to offer him a good contract. My guess is no because he's perceived as a "boring" fighter.

No! I prefer him in Bellator in fact I wish more UFC fighters would make the jump and ring the Bell. Not liking this new UFC if wasn't such a fight junkie I would walk away from them like a casual.

I never watched the Mo fight, but I seem to remember reading it wasn't a great decision... can anyone confirm or deny?

Phil left ufc by himself .... Bellator champ now and being very well treated... i dont think coming back to ufc is part of his plans

I would rather him stay in Bellator. I am not interested in more lay and pray fighters. Hopefully the UFC never signs Julia Budd for that exact reason.

Hes staying in Bellator or maybe going to Rizin or another organization

He left on his own terms

He is getting more money, better sponsorships, and always seemed to care more about $$$ than respect

Even scored some KO wins

He doesnt have to be another boring wrestler when facing lesser competition and can focus on finishes instead of playing it safe and grinding decisions

He loves being the big shark in a small ocean...compared to an average shark in a large ocean

Last edited:
Skill wise he's easily a top 5-6 fighter in the world. I guess it comes down to is the UFC willing to offer him a good contract. My guess is no because he's perceived as a "boring" fighter.

Yep. He can't beat Jones, Rumble or Cormier. He might beat Cormier in a couple of years, as Daniel is pushing 40, but I don't think he beats him now. He's a toss-up in rematches with Gus or Bader. He probably beats everyone else, but usually by wrestling in UD matches that bore most fans. Given the weaker competition in Bellator, he'll have more finishes there and please the fans more.

Unless the UFC loses 2 or 3 top LHWs (for example, they retire or move to HW), they aren't in a big rush to bring Davis back and pay him top $$.

Back