Phil wonderful Davis to return to UFC ?

They don't want him back.
He's in the same category as Shields, Okami, and Rory. They don't want those guys knocking off up and coming contenders and the UFC will lowball them when it comes to pay.

His fights aren't pretty but he is such a difficult match up , solid wrestling and a savvy submission game , his striking sucks but he is pretty durable , of Rumbles wins since he returned to the UFC only Phil has survived to go the distance.

I never watched the Mo fight, but I seem to remember reading it wasn't a great decision... can anyone confirm or deny?
It was a dominant decision for Phil. Not a great fight but I find King Mo extremely overrated.

7e15be26b8242b4243e6055d3e0ac21963b2973f0c71ed6bf4857403395df769.jpg

He is now LHW Bellator champ , so , do you think it's time for Davis to return to UFC ?
One of his wins in Bellator was even against King Mo, who is current Rizin champ and is scheduled to fight Cro Cop tomorrow .

a2kTx4.gif
Davis is a good fighter but he needs to admit he wins fights by out grappling his opponents. I know that will never happen but I'm tired of him and his promos saying I am better everywhere and just grappled Liam for 25 minutes. Though I will give him the benefit of the doubt his Sub of Newton and his Ko of Carmont were impressive.

Why the fuck is king mo fighting cro cop. What has happened to our beautiful sport??

CC via fatality

Mo is fighting CC because Vanderlei pulled out from fight with CC

I believe he will be back in UFC less than 2 years from now

Yep. He can't beat Jones, Rumble or Cormier. He might beat Cormier in a couple of years, as Daniel is pushing 40, but I don't think he beats him now. He's a toss-up in rematches with Gus or Bader. He probably beats everyone else, but usually by wrestling in UD matches that bore most fans. Given the weaker competition in Bellator, he'll have more finishes there and please the fans more.

Unless the UFC loses 2 or 3 top LHWs (for example, they retire or move to HW), they aren't in a big rush to bring Davis back and pay him top $$.
This. He can win in impressive fashion but he also is willing to win by out grappling his opponents and he doesn't seem to have the BJJ to be on a Maia or Khabib level. The UFC isn't looking for his fighting style. Look at fitch and shields. Both dropped by the UFC for similar reasons. I personally can't wait that fight is going to be such a technical grappling chess match.

nobody that's made my p4p sig deserves a chance back in the UFC.

Back