Phil Collins or Sting? or Genesis vs Police

Sting is a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, Phil FTW

like_phil_collins.gif

I gotta vote Phil on this one.

Though whenever I hear the Police song Wrapped Around Your Finger I go into a trance like that dude on the episode of Seinfeld when he heard Desperado.

Phil cause he played drums on Thin Lizzy's Johnny the Fox album, produced and played drums on Frida's Something Going On album, and played drums on a shit ton of Eno discs, as well asTommy Bolin, Brand X, George Harrison, Argent and many others.

And anyone who says they've never air drummed to "In the Air Tonight" is a fucking liar:D

I saw this statue almost every night I spent in Dublin (we always went to Bruxelles and the statue was very close).

mhsg0p.jpg

As bands I prefer the Police slightly over Genesis, but as solo artists I much prefer Phil Collins over Sting.

The Police are, IMO, the best 3-piece band of all time...and I might even go as far as saying the best band overall.

Me and @Ricky13 had a conversation about The Police, and how the three of them were perfect for each other. They understood space in music...never filled their songs wall to wall, which - I promise you - is the musician's impulse. Every note was important and more powerful because they gave each other breathing room.

That's not to take anything away from Genesis, and if we're doing Phil vs Sting I wouldn't care to pick a side. Drummer vs drummer tho...no one on this earth fucks with Stewart Copeland.

i really like both artists but Sting has 2 of the most beautiful songs ever written in Fields Of Gold and Shape Of My Heart.

I thought that any artist that sells out to mainstream adult contemporary music is called the Phil Collin period .Heart 80s, Sting, David Bowie in the mid 80s, and Natalie Merchant all had their Phil Collin period

At their best, they're about equal. Phil just has a much higher volume of it.

In the Air Tonight, Easy Lover, Sudio, Another Day in Paradise, Land of Confusion, etc.

At their best, they're about equal. Phil just has a much higher volume of it.

In the Air Tonight, Easy Lover, Sudio, Another Day in Paradise, Land of Confusion, etc.

....and Invisible Touch and Tonight, Tonight, Tonight, That's All, etc. etc.

That's actually a tough one. I can't stand Phil Collins just because he's such a cry baby douche in his songs, but at the same time I really like a lot of his songs. Sting/The Police are just awesome.

Collins/Genesis all day

Back