News PFL will go PPV route in 2021

Wonder if they can advertise the PPVs heavily and maybe sell them for $19.95-$29.95

Wonder if they can advertise the PPVs heavily and maybe sell them for $19.95-$29.95
No one is gonna buy it regardless. No one cares to pay for Rory, Werdum, Pettis, Kayla, etc. PPV is a dying concept.

I hope Loughnane makes that million before PFL folds.

Screenshot_20210719-234733_Twitter.jpg
These are the type of fans that annoy the fuck out of me. Brendan is happy making a lot of money in PFL and some UFC fan will tell him that he needs to go to the UFC to prove himself. Fuck you, man. Prove himself to who? He is in it to make money, not to get CTE for 12k/12k

View attachment 868824
These are the type of fans that annoy the fuck out of me. Brendan is happy making a lot of money in PFL and some UFC fan will tell him that he needs to go to the UFC to prove himself. Fuck you, man. Prove himself to who? He is in it to make money, not to get CTE for 12k/12k

I think in this case Brendan is lying tbh. He went on the contender series, I reckon if the opportunity to go there came up tomorrow he'd take it.

No one is gonna buy it regardless. No one cares to pay for Rory, Werdum, Pettis, Kayla, etc. PPV is a dying concept.
They said they plan on having a "ppv division", so maybe they have something big planned. They obviously know that they can't just put their current structure into a ppv format.

Best move may probably be Triller Fight Club and align with those hip hop gigs they do. I think Wiz is invested in both companies

I think in this case Brendan is lying tbh. He went on the contender series, I reckon if the opportunity to go there came up tomorrow he'd take it.
I mean, he is probably making more money at PFL right now than what he would with his first UFC contract, plus he has the $1 million opportunity. If he is in it for the money and feed his family, then getting paid less just to "prove himself" doesnt make sense.

I mean, he is probably making more money at PFL right now than what he would with his first UFC contract, plus he has the $1 million opportunity. If he is in it for the money and feed his family, then getting paid less just to "prove himself" doesnt make sense.

I think it's working out okay for him, but at the same time I think it's a bit of a lie. The UFC is the dream for the vast majority of these guys and I don't really get the impression Brendan is any different.

Hope he gets the milli though.

View attachment 868824

What a douchebag fan man .. dude is saying he’s happy and making money and the fan is basically saying I don’t care go to ufc lol that ain’t no fan

I think it's working out okay for him, but at the same time I think it's a bit of a lie. The UFC is the dream for the vast majority of these guys and I don't really get the impression Brendan is any different.

Dana really did him dirty he made an example out of him because he shot in the final seconds of his contender bout. It was that infamous clip where Dana rolled his eyes.

What a douchebag fan man .. dude is saying he’s happy and making money and the fan is basically saying I don’t care go to ufc lol that ain’t no fan
The guy says he is happy for him but would be happier if he was in the UFC LMAO. Dude, let me get paid less so you can be happier.

I get it, the UFC is the "pinnacle" but at the same time that "pinnacle" isnt worth it if you arent getting paid. Its crazy that some fans support fighters getting paid less juat for the sake of "proving themselves" instead of advocating for the UFC to pay them more. Like Floyd said, legacy wont feed my family.

I get that fighters want to pursue their dream and all that but to think that they have to prove themselves by being in the UFC is a complete fallacy.

I'm sure it was his dream, and I'm sure he's not shutting the door entirely but I doubt he's lying about being happy in a promotion that's featuring him heavily and is getting paid well in. There's nothing not to like other then clowns interacting with him suggesting his worth as a fighter is tied to being in the UFC.

I agree with @careto. Fans like that are the worst kind of fan. My dream is a world where fighters dream of more then the UFC or bust. It's what's clearly best for those involved in the sport. Of course fan interest doesn't correlate with that and bozos like that guy are doing nothing to help. That's not a real fan in my opinion.

Dana really did him dirty he made an example out of him because he shot in the final seconds of his contender bout. It was that infamous clip where Dana rolled his eyes.

I think the sad thing is that if the media hadn't made such a big deal out of it he'd probably have gotten brought in at some point as a late replacement anyway.

I get it, the UFC is the "pinnacle" but at the same time that "pinnacle" isnt worth it if you arent getting paid. Its crazy that some fans support fighters getting paid less juat for the sake of "proving themselves" instead of advocating for the UFC to pay them more. Like Floyd said, legacy wont feed my family.

I get that fighters want to pursue their dream and all that but to think that they have to prove themselves by being in the UFC is a complete fallacy.

I think people generally want the best to fight the best and as a general rule the best (not all of them but most of them) are in the UFC.

It is what it is.

I think people generally want the best to fight the best and as a general rule the best (not all of them but most of them) are in the UFC.

It is what it is.
I agree, but to ask fighters to get paid less just so we can see the best fight the best its crazy.

I'm sure it was his dream, and I'm sure he's not shutting the door entirely but I doubt he's lying about being happy in a promotion that's featuring him heavily and is getting paid well in. There's nothing not to like other then clowns interacting with him suggesting his worth as a fighter is tied to being in the UFC.

I agree with @careto. Fans like that are the worst kind of fan. My dream is a world where fighters dream of more then the UFC or bust. It's what's clearly best for those involved in the sport. Of course fan interest doesn't correlate with that and bozos like that guy are doing nothing to help. That's not a real fan in my opinion.
That is a UFC fanboy, not an MMA fan.

This just ruins their tag-line.. Real seasons the only real sports seasonal mma. If they want to be a real American seasonal sport for us to watch with the families then pay-for-view shows is not the way to go.

The whole fucking point of these other orgs competing with ufc was to completely eradicate the predatory stingy and dated pay per view model once and for all

They better pay millions to the Paul brothers to be on every PPV if they expect to make any money otherwise the PFL will sink faster than the Titanic.

Back