News PFL will go PPV route in 2021

careto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

RIP PFL...No disrespect to PFL but people barely watch them for free (most watch because they already have ESPN+ to watch UFC) there is no way people will pay extra to watch them.

I like the Challengers division idea, though.

Last edited:
Yeah, this seems like a desperate move to make some money before it tanks. I doubt they would have been able to keep their spot on ESPN anyway.

Shit I just made a thread on this, didnt see this one, my bad. Dont know why they dont have a delete thread option.

anyway yeah WTF is a PPV div and putting anything on PPV is a terrible move. They dont have any fights fans would pay for.

Nobody watches them even for free…. Who is going to pay ? Lol!!!!!!

what a complete disaster …. Investors watch out, this is not looking good at all

LMAO WTF PPV DIVISION ?

Don't they have capital? If they're going PPV that likely means they're going to pay bigger named fighters to come join them.

This reminds me of what Bellator was doing after being bought by Viacom. The investors are wanting to see some returns.

they're gonna break records.. for lowest selling ppv in mma history. look out Dynamite USA

Well at least Combate outlived another promotion.

I think this is the death of PFL. One more season and then done. At least other promotions can take their roster

Well at least Combate outlived another promotion.

I think this is the death of PFL. One more season and then done. At least other promotions can take their roster
I’d hate to see PFL go down and another outlet for fighters disappear but who’s of value on their roster? I’d say HW has some decent fighters like Golstov and Ferreira and maybe FW and LW and Ray Cooper at WW. But who else? Kayla obviously.

They have a lot of celebrity investors who they probably convinced this could be as big as the ufc

I’d hate to see PFL go down and another outlet for fighters disappear but who’s of value on their roster? I’d say HW has some decent fighters like Golstov and Ferreira and maybe FW and LW and Ray Cooper at WW. But who else? Kayla obviously.
On their roster right now, Brendan Loughnane, Movlid Khaybulaev, Tyler Diamond, Natan Schulte, Loik Radzhabov, Magomed Umalatov, Magomed Magomedkerimov, Ali Isaev as well

Do they get international views? What am I missing? Doesn't seem like a solid plan unless the ppv are dirt cheap and they just need to keep some revenue inbound. Is this EPSNs idea? PPV division sounds even more weird than the tournament format they have going on now. Hope everyone is made of titanium or given robot suits so no one gets injured and that failed medicals are ignored...

Do they get international views? What am I missing? Doesn't seem like a solid plan unless the ppv are dirt cheap and they just need to keep some revenue inbound. Is this EPSNs idea? PPV division sounds even more weird than the tournament format they have going on now. Hope everyone is made of titanium or given robot suits so no one gets injured and that failed medicals are ignored...
Deal with ESPN was for two seasons so it's done now.

Back