News PFL is planning a PPV event for Feb 24 in Saudi Arabia

If they charged a modest price like $20 they would actually get buys and have a chance at competing with UFC and also having the right marketing, maybe even have the Francis cross over boxing match on one of their ppv's with mma matches as well, Pride used to have kickboxing and karate fights on their early cards and it was really great.

If they charged a modest price like $20 they would actually get buys and have a chance at competing with UFC and also having the right marketing, maybe even have the Francis cross over boxing match on one of their ppv's with mma matches as well, Pride used to have kickboxing and karate fights on their early cards and it was really great.

It won't be, it will be 49.99 like the other ones.

Uhhh apparently there are no titles on the line for these champion vs. champion fights. What the actual fuck is the point then.

That's quite a lot IMO... They should try to be as mainstream as possible and lower the prices... But it's just a random person in the internet opinion at the end...
Still it's quite a lot for a Ryan Bader Main event...

Uhhh apparently there are no titles on the line for these champion vs. champion fights. What the actual fuck is the point then.

its bragging rights. to be fair Bellator champs will still defend in Bellator and PFL doesnt have champs they have season champs so its not like a real belt thats defended.

I know they're stupid and greedy, I was just mentioning what the logical thing to do would be while they're kind of now a new organization altogether.

Tbh they should be giving it away at this point. They need to build a fanbase which is hard to do behind a paywall.
Running on ESPN is also a double edged sword, like sure you get the reach but you are also on the network with the UFC so you are just banking on UFC fans who are in the need for more mma

Running on ESPN is also a double edged sword, like sure you get the reach but you are also on the network with the UFC so you are just banking on UFC fans who are in the need for more mma

tbh that's the best market. Hardly anyone watches MMA but doesn't watch UFC.

Tbh they should be giving it away at this point. They need to build a fanbase which is hard to do behind a paywall.

This show should be the big coming out party for the new PFL. They should've work with ESPN to get on the main ESPN channel for it and make a big deal out of it. Get the talking head shows give it some air time leading up to. Anything to help draw blow joe into watching and I don't care what night they put it on. Hell, it might do better sticking it on Thursday night instead of a weekend night.

If the UFC leaves ESPN in 2025, PFL will be all they have for MMA. Doesn't hurt to try to build that fan base.

Ppv… hope it’s cheaper then the 50 they charge for the other ones
With 298 & Fury/Usyk 1 the week before, I don't think it matters what they charge. I'm not buying 3 ppvs Back-to-back weekends, especially with Ngannou/Joshua & 299 just 2 weeks after.

Nemkov is fighting at HW at this event, probably against Bruno Cappelozza

Gotta be honest besides the price and it's probably gonna be an internet ppv I gotta say the card so far seems solid, Renan Ferreira vs Ryan Bader, Vadim Nemkov against possibly Cappelozza that's great so far. I hope PFL puts on great cards and uses the Bellator roster as much as they can.

A little better than Bellator v Rizin. In Saudi Arabia is not good for a pay for view, no doubt they should have it free and just count it as paying Saudi Arabia back for all the money they gave them.

Back