Mariana Morais
Cindy Dandois
Laura Sanchez
Svetlana Khautova

Rumored:

LW

Gleison Tibau

Last edited:
I kinda forget about Held. I know I saw in an BJJ comp. Is he good in MMA?

I kinda forget about Held. I know I saw in an BJJ comp. Is he good in MMA?

Very good, he was quite unfortunate in the UFC, got robbed on the scorecards against Joe Lauzon in a fight even Lauzon thought he lost, beat Nasrat Haqparast before people knew how good he was and was beating Damir Hadzovic pretty handily before getting KO'd going for a stupid Iminari roll.

Went 11-3 in Bellator losing only to champs Michael Chandler and Will Brooks and also Dave Jansen.

Unbeaten since leaving the UFC having finished current UFC fighter Callan Potter in just over a minute as well as beating Diego Brandao.

Very good, he was quite unfortunate in the UFC, got robbed on the scorecards against Joe Lauzon in a fight even Lauzon thought he lost, beat Nasrat Haqparast before people knew how good he was and was beating Damir Hadzovic pretty handily before getting KO'd going for a stupid Iminari roll.

Went 11-3 in Bellator losing only to champs Michael Chandler and Will Brooks and also Dave Jansen.

Unbeaten since leaving the UFC having finished current UFC fighter Callan Potter in just over a minute as well as beating Diego Brandao.
He’s good. But you purposely forgot to mention him getting totally handled by Sanchez. Which shouldn’t be too surprising - Sanchez would be a perfect foil; he’s a very solid bjj black belt which pretty much negates Held’s biggest strength, has good top control and great GNP if it gets there, and is strong as fuck. Marcin gassed hard against him. First UFC fight jitters may have played a role too.

Hopefully it was used as a wake up call for Mr Held. And I agree with you about the Lauzon bout.

So to get back on point, he is a very good addition to this tourney, but I doubt he goes in as the favorite.

Held fought in altitude not good for his middle of the road cardio

He’s good. But you purposely forgot to mention him getting totally handled by Sanchez. Which shouldn’t be too surprising - Sanchez would be a perfect foil; he’s a very solid bjj black belt which pretty much negates Held’s biggest strength, has good top control and great GNP if it gets there, and is strong as fuck. Nonetheless, it was hopefully used as a wake up call for Mr Held.

So to get back on point, he is a very good addition to this tourney, but I doubt he goes in as the favorite.

Yeah Diego was a nightmare match up for him. Even though he went in as favourite I knew he wasn't going to be heel hooking Diego Sanchez. Still I think it was harsh for him to be released when he was.

Anatoly ended up signing with ONE instead

Anatoly ended up signing with ONE instead

If that is true he have burned his career for good, there is no way One really cares about Russians. Against Brandon Vera he would best him easily

Nikolay Aleksakhin was roided as fuck for that Ben Askren fight. Better hope he doesn't get Nicholson'd.

Marcin Held was saved by a referee error in his last bout vs Diego Brandao though. One of the most egregious things I've ever seen in MMA. I love Held but that 100% should have stopped when the ref grabbed Diego.

Held ended up winning the fight via UD.

Marcin Held was saved by a referee error in his last bout vs Diego Brandao though. One of the most egregious things I've ever seen in MMA. I love Held but that 100% should have stopped when the ref grabbed Diego.

Held ended up winning the fight via UD.

Wow wtf is that idiot doing ?

Wow wtf is that idiot doing ?

Russia has to be the worst referred area in the world. You see some amazing gaffs coming out of there. Many by perpetual fuck-up Herb Dean who is now a head-referee over there.

But I think that the ref saw Held going stiff during the fall and then moved in to stop it. Yet then he spotted Held recovering instantly upon making hitting the floor and decided to let it continue, even though he was physically holding onto Brandao at that time so he really shouldn't have been allowed to let it continue.

Russia has to be the worst referred area in the world. You see some amazing gaffs coming out of there. Many by perpetual fuck-up Herb Dean who is now a head-referee over there.

But I think that the ref saw Held going stiff during the fall and then moved in to stop it. Yet then he spotted Held recovering instantly upon making hitting the floor and decided to let it continue, even though he was physically holding onto Brandao at that time so he really shouldn't have been allowed to let it continue.

Yeah it shouldn't have been stopped but it should have been stopped once he'd touched him, Diego looked gassed almost immediately afterwards from what I remember.

Brandao would be fun at FW for them too. He'd get wrestlefucked and gas against Palmer and probably Harrison but he'd have fun fights with everyone else.

Are they bringing back middleweight yet?

If that is true he have burned his career for good, there is no way One really cares about Russians. Against Brandon Vera he would best him easily

Back