PFL 2020 New Signings thread

They can't, not with the league model and tournament format for each weight class.
I think its possible if they send one representative from their org. For example: PFL sends a Alex Nicholson for a RIZIN GP in return for a Roque Martinez for the regular PFL season.

I believe KSW has worked with the PFL to some extent in the past.

Russia has to be the worst referred area in the world. You see some amazing gaffs coming out of there. Many by perpetual fuck-up Herb Dean who is now a head-referee over there.

But I think that the ref saw Held going stiff during the fall and then moved in to stop it. Yet then he spotted Held recovering instantly upon making hitting the floor and decided to let it continue, even though he was physically holding onto Brandao at that time so he really shouldn't have been allowed to let it continue.
That's crazy is there no athletic commission oversight there? Seems like open shut case to reverse to a tko win, at the very least a NC.

Russia has to be the worst referred area in the world. You see some amazing gaffs coming out of there. Many by perpetual fuck-up Herb Dean who is now a head-referee over there.

But I think that the ref saw Held going stiff during the fall and then moved in to stop it. Yet then he spotted Held recovering instantly upon making hitting the floor and decided to let it continue, even though he was physically holding onto Brandao at that time so he really shouldn't have been allowed to let it continue.
Come on, event was in Poland. Polish guy fought Brazilian in Poland and you blame Russian mma and fuck ups that happen there. )

Yeah it shouldn't have been stopped but it should have been stopped once he'd touched him, Diego looked gassed almost immediately afterwards from what I remember.

Brandao would be fun at FW for them too. He'd get wrestlefucked and gas against Palmer and probably Harrison but he'd have fun fights with everyone else.

I'm have mixing feelings about having Palmer and Schulte again.
On one side, they are they top talent and they should stick to them.
On the other side, how many times will you give the prize to the same fighters? A change would be nice.

On the other side, how many times will you give the prize to the same fighters? A change would be nice.

Id like to see them move up a weight class if they have to come back

Rory sounds like their 1st pick at the moment. To me at least.

Ryan LaFlare is coming out of retirement to join the PFL WW tourney this year.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...ment-to-join-the-welterweight-division-in-pfl

Burnout and a laundry list of injuries led to Ryan LaFlare’s retirement from fighting back in 2018, but 15 months later, he’s healthy, happy and ready to compete again.

The 36-year-old New Yorker is not only ready to fight but he’s targeting a return as part of the PFL welterweight division for season 3 kicking off later this year.

According to LaFlare, his decision to call it a career gave him the time off he needed for his body to heal, which also allowed him to find his passion for mixed martial arts again.

“100 percent I was burned out,” LaFlare told MMA Fighting on Friday. “I got to clear my mind. I got to spend time with my family. I never walked away from training and martial arts in general. I own a gym, one of the biggest gyms in Long Island so I’m coaching and training the guys. It was good because I got to take some time out and let my body heal.

“Because I was just going fight after fight, getting injured, and then fighting injured. It just wasn’t a good feel waiting on the UFC to let me know when I was fighting. They would give me eight weeks or so then I’d be a little banged up but I couldn’t turn it down because I didn’t know when I’d be fighting again.”

During his run with the UFC, LaFlare was 7-3 over 10 fights including wins over the likes of Santiago Ponzinibbio, John Howard and Court McGee. Despite an impressive resume, LaFlare was understandably frustrated because he never quite knew where he stood with the organization.

“With the UFC it was difficult, not that I have anything negative to say about them but sometimes it was like one minute you’re the next big thing, you take one loss and all of a sudden you’re forgotten,” LaFlare explained.

“You’re the first fight on the prelims the next fight. It wears on you mentally on top of the physical part.”

After undergoing ACL surgery on his knee following his last outing in Oct. 2018, LaFlare took a step back from his own career but never lost his love for the sport while training and teaching fighters in his gym.

With each passing month, he started to feel that fire inside that he wanted to compete again but only under the best possible circumstances for the right organization.

“PFL was the only organization I would fight for,” LaFlare said. “I probably wouldn’t go back to the UFC even they would bring it up. It really isn’t about the money. I just love the way the PFL is run.

“It’s not how much you talk or who’s the favorite with who. I just love it. It’s a no-nonsense business. You go and take care of your business and you get paid and you get rewarded regardless whether you’re talking. I understand there’s an entertainment thing but sometimes it gets carried away with the UFC. I haven’t talked to one person who fought for the PFL who had anything negative to say. To me, it was the only option for me.”

If there was another driving factor behind his decision, LaFlare says he couldn’t resist the chance to finally get the chance to face former UFC title contender and ex-Bellator champion Rory MacDonald.

MacDonald just recently inked a deal to join the PFL and that is a fight that LaFlare has wanted for years. Now he might finally have his chance.

“I always respected Rory MacDonald. He’s a very good fighter. I’m going back five or six years ago, we were both coming up, he was a little bit ahead of me but I always looked and him and said that’s a great matchup for me,” LaFlare said. “I like the matchup against him.

“I always thought I’d fight him in the UFC eventually but we never crossed paths. I never got to that point before getting hurt. So I saw him get signed and I thought here’s my chance. Because I know I can beat him. I’ve already envisioned myself beating him. As soon as I saw he signed, I said I want to do this.”

Beyond MacDonald, the PFL welterweight division also boasts fighters like season 2 champion Ray Cooper III as well as ex-UFC fighter David Michaud.

While PFL season 3 won’t kick off for a few months, LaFlare is already anxious to get back into the cage and that’s a feeling he’s sorely missed.

“I definitely miss it now. I was burned out but now I’m ready to roll,” LaFlare said. “How could I not be fired up? I’ve had time to rest. I still put on my gear and spar with my guys. It’s not like I’m rolling off the couch like ‘I think I’ve still got it.’ No, I’m good.

“I’m ready to go. It’s not even why not. It’s like this is my time. Everything I’ve done has gotten me ready for this moment.”

Good signing, him, Rory and Aleksakhin make it a much, much better division than it was last season already, imo.

It's sports. Until someone beats the Champion, no one has beaten the Champions. Let other fighters take it from them or have another MMA organization outbid the PFL for their services.

he will sign imo, he is an Ali client
Good for Ryan LaFlare, but I believe the Ray Sefo/Ali Abdelaziz scheme or scam is really keeping the PFL from reaching the potential it is capable of reaching. Oh well, the fight business is full of shady crap. It's like it's a law for the fight business to operate that way.

PFL just signed Korean Sung Bin Jo (9-1)

Does Pfl do 135ers?

8-1 as a Pro, 11 -0 as an Amature world Champion.

Kevin Quicksand Natividad!

Does Pfl do 135ers?

8-1 as a Pro, 11 -0 as an Amature world Champion.

Kevin Quicksand Natividad!

They don't and he's in LFA which is usually a good route to a UFC deal anyway.

They need a token asian can bro, last year they had that guy from china

This dude got dominated by Daniel Teymur of all people.

Yeah he's a can, Teymur is perhaps the worst bantamweight on the UFC roster, I'm shocked he hasn't been cut himself. Wasnt he like 0-3 when he got a fourth fight against Sun Bin Jo?

Yeah he's a can, Teymur is perhaps the worst bantamweight on the UFC roster, I'm shocked he hasn't been cut himself. Wasnt he like 0-3 when he got a fourth fight against Sun Bin Jo?

Yeah, he's 1-4 now. I can't imagine he would be there without his brother.

Back